God help me, I did it...signed a contract for a Tri training course.

MotownBikeBoy

Nov 24, 2012
Starts in January, 3 months indoor training, goes "live" in real world conditions in April, culminates in an actual Tri Memorial Day weekend. And, I'm 48 with some serious health problems, none of which of preclude me from doing it, but which make it interesting - I'm the guy at the gym who jumps off the treadmill, pukes in the trash can, shakes it off, and finishes the workout, hopefully not freaking out the others in my group fitness class. Oh, and that little issue of never having been on a road bike, well, I'll deal with that one come spring. LBS here I come in March. So, what should I anticipate? What should I be doing now to prep? I'm getting in as many runs, laps in the pool, and rides as I can. Working on nutrition and strength/resistance training as well. Still, I pull up the contact in the screen (it's electronic) and think, "Dear God, what have it done?":big-smile:

You'll do great. I bought a road bike and only rode it once a week before my first triathlon. You have the perfect plan to get there.

Hey, thanks! It starts either this Saturday or the following one (I'm of the age the memory is going first!). So, it's onward to this new adventure in my life.

And, in case you didn't see it on another one of my theads, I did end up buying a road bike, a Specialized Roubaix, but I'm not taking delivery until March.

Thanks for the encouragement. It's an adventure.