Godbotherers

Don Shipp

May 20, 2005
When some holy moly flames this site or posts propaganda, just report it on the new antispam button but DON'T REPLY because this just bumps it.

Don Shipp said:
When some holy moly flames this site or posts propaganda, just report it on the new antispam button but DON'T REPLY because this just bumps it.
need for an entire thread based on this? or maybe we can hope for some contrasting opinions. :)

Darjevon said:
need for an entire thread based on this? or maybe we can hope for some contrasting opinions. :)
Don't respond to this thread either because this just bumps it.

Don Shipp said:
Don't respond to this thread either because this just bumps it.
Personally I think that whenever a spammer kindly devotes his time to us by posting here we should administer a proverbial "loving embrace", with a shower of admirational PMs and we should make many posts on his thread to ensure that it stays for weeks to come. :D

Darjevon said:
Personally I think that whenever a spammer kindly devotes his time to us by posting here we should administer a proverbial "loving embrace", with a shower of admirational PMs and we should make many posts on his thread to ensure that it stays for weeks to come. :D
There were two recently.
"This picture will make you sad" was posted on each forum. I think that a computer was programmed to do this so there was no fun to be had. The OP doesn't even look at the forum site. Exactly the same post has cropped up on other forums completely unrelated to this one.
The other was "More terrorist attacks likely". It was a threat from terrorists. I don't know if they were lurking after the post, the OP stayed on line for a while.
This forum site is world wide and anyone can post. There are some wucking fierdos out there.

Don Shipp said:
There were two recently.
"This picture will make you sad" was posted on each forum. I think that a computer was programmed to do this so there was no fun to be had. The OP doesn't even look at the forum site. Exactly the same post has cropped up on other forums completely unrelated to this one.
The other was "More terrorist attacks likely". It was a threat from terrorists. I don't know if they were lurking after the post, the OP stayed on line for a while.
This forum site is world wide and anyone can post. There are some wucking fierdos out there.
Not to mention the current thread, "Are you ****** and just want to make money, then come on in."

This Forum site gets hit by a computer programmed to dump a religious message and links on every forum every few days.
It has also been used by the lunatic fringe of other religions. Please just report as spam and do not try to reply, there is no-one at the other end, just a machine, and any reply just bumps the original post.

Darjevon said:
Yeh, didn't you see I, Robot? :D
The machines just dump the bumph on every forum then close the link and move on to another forum site. They don't come back until they are ready to do it again. If they did follow the thread, and had feelings too (I have not seen the film but I have read the book) then they would be very hurt by all the negative replies. The thread is started by "Hey109999675" or some such. Probably the first time it did it, it was just "Hey" and when it was banned it went on to "Hey1" and so on.
Another thread was started by someone who threatened further terrorist attacks. This may not have been a machine, but a real-life, flesh and blood religious lunatic. It is because of the attacks that I have lost my sense of humour about this; the last time I travelled on the tube an earnest young man came and sat next to me and tried to save my soul. At least he didn't try and blow it to hell, but "God told me to do it" is a very powerful motive for all kinds of anti-social behaviour.

Darjevon said:
Not to mention the current thread, "Are you ****** and just want to make money, then come on in."
You must be referring to the thread-"What are the benefits of becoming a christian". Those evangelical's, or bot's as some have pointed out, **** me off to no end :mad: I can imagine some evangelical programmer who has a huge cross on his computer desktop :rolleyes:

davidmc said:
You must be referring to the thread-"What are the benefits of becoming a christian". Those evangelical's, or bot's as some have pointed out, **** me off to no end :mad: I can imagine some evangelical programmer who has a huge cross on his computer desktop :rolleyes:
Can you imagine what his screen saver must be like?

Don Shipp said:
Can you imagine what his screen saver must be like?
its probably a repeating video clip of evil knieval (that guy is f***ing sick) running over two jews and a muslim on his motorbike. then he jumps off and holds up the cross. :)