Goddamm. What sort of Jackass crashes out of the TdF twice

Kurgan Gringioni

Guest
in ITT?

Crashing in ITT is pretty fredly in an of itself.

Crashing out of the TdF in ITT takes the fredliness up a few levels.

Crashing out of the TdF twice in ITT - that's beyond fredliness. I'm
not sure what one should call it.

Has anyone else done that twice or is Booby in a historical league of
his own?

thanks,

K. Gringioni.
fan of Booby

Kurgan Gringioni wrote:
> in ITT?
>
> Crashing in ITT is pretty fredly in an of itself.
>
> Crashing out of the TdF in ITT takes the fredliness up a few levels.
>
> Crashing out of the TdF twice in ITT - that's beyond fredliness. I'm
> not sure what one should call it.
>
> Has anyone else done that twice or is Booby in a historical league of
> his own?
>

> thanks,
>
> K. Gringioni.
> fan of Booby

Dumbass -

Good question, and I don't know the answer. That's one for Benjo.

But your post did cause me to have an interesting thought. Booby, in
the autumn of his career, could be quite the challenger in FRAAM if he
put his mind to it, don't you think?

-RJ

Kurgan Gringioni wrote:
> in ITT?
> K. Gringioni.
> fan of Booby

Someone without the drive, the determination or the commitment to
actually finish; someone afraid to win. Now he can tell his friends
that he COULD have won, if only he hadn't crashed. Gives him an easy
out of the high pressure position of being the next TdF champion.

He's a good rider, and can be a contender. He just needs to get his
priorities straight...

Scoot
SDG

Kurgan Gringioni wrote:
> in ITT?
>
> Crashing in ITT is pretty fredly in an of itself.
>
> Crashing out of the TdF in ITT takes the fredliness up a few levels.
>
> Crashing out of the TdF twice in ITT - that's beyond fredliness. I'm
> not sure what one should call it.
>
> Has anyone else done that twice or is Booby in a historical league of
> his own?
>

> thanks,
>
> K. Gringioni.
> fan of Booby

I'm not sure, but I think Zulle could rival Julich for an uncanny
ability to dismount at the most inappropriate times.

Fred

Scoot wrote:
> Kurgan Gringioni wrote:
> > in ITT?
> > K. Gringioni.
> > fan of Booby

> Someone without the drive, the determination or the commitment to
> actually finish; someone afraid to win. Now he can tell his friends
> that he COULD have won, if only he hadn't crashed. Gives him an easy
> out of the high pressure position of being the next TdF champion.
>
> He's a good rider, and can be a contender. He just needs to get his
> priorities straight...
>
> Scoot
> SDG

Scoot -

You're a genius. You should post your phone number so Bjarne knows how
to reach you.

-RJ

Scoot wrote:
> Kurgan Gringioni wrote:
> > in ITT?
> > K. Gringioni.
> > fan of Booby

> Someone without the drive, the determination or the commitment to
> actually finish; someone afraid to win. Now he can tell his friends
> that he COULD have won, if only he hadn't crashed. Gives him an easy
> out of the high pressure position of being the next TdF champion.
>
> He's a good rider, and can be a contender. He just needs to get his
> priorities straight...

WTF are you talking about? Booby was not on the road to
"the high pressure position of being the next TdF champion."
He knows that and so does more or less everybody except
the American homers in this group (the same ones that
expect George Hincapie to win 50km TTs).

People crash in TTs because they are pushing too hard
to get every second out of every corner, and (presumably)
lose focus. Plus a little bit of bad luck, and bad bike handling.
Like Ullrich in the last TT in 2003 or Zabriskie last year
(it was a TTT, but he took himself out).

Well, there is Boardman, who crashed out when he was favourite in the
first
few kilometers of the TdF. I don't think he had a second crash, but the
team
time trial in which he was madly gesticulating and asking for a spanner
(and Greg Lemond tried to translate, but he didn't know what a spanner
was)
may come pretty close.

-ilan

Kurgan Gringioni wrote:
> in ITT?
>
> Crashing in ITT is pretty fredly in an of itself.
>
> Crashing out of the TdF in ITT takes the fredliness up a few levels.
>
> Crashing out of the TdF twice in ITT - that's beyond fredliness. I'm
> not sure what one should call it.
>
> Has anyone else done that twice or is Booby in a historical league of
> his own?
>

> thanks,
>
> K. Gringioni.
> fan of Booby

In article <[email protected]>,
"ronaldo_jeremiah" <[email protected]> wrote:

> Scoot wrote:
> > Kurgan Gringioni wrote:
> > > in ITT?
> > > K. Gringioni.
> > > fan of Booby

> > Someone without the drive, the determination or the commitment to
> > actually finish; someone afraid to win. Now he can tell his friends
> > that he COULD have won, if only he hadn't crashed. Gives him an easy
> > out of the high pressure position of being the next TdF champion.
> >
> > He's a good rider, and can be a contender. He just needs to get his
> > priorities straight...
> >
> > Scoot
> > SDG

> Scoot -
>
> You're a genius. You should post your phone number so Bjarne knows how
> to reach you.
>
> -RJ

You surely remember that in rbr, it's "genus."

--
tanx,
Howard

Never take a tenant with a monkey.

remove YOUR SHOES to reply, ok?

Howard Kveck wrote:

> Never take a tenant with a monkey.

Like you would actually have to remind someone of that....

Good sig line...

Scoot
SDG

> in ITT?
>
> Crashing in ITT is pretty fredly in an of itself.
>
> Crashing out of the TdF in ITT takes the fredliness up a few levels.
>
> Crashing out of the TdF twice in ITT - that's beyond fredliness. I'm
> not sure what one should call it.
>
> Has anyone else done that twice or is Booby in a historical league of
> his own?

It tells me that one of the tricks of Jullich's really fast time trials is
that he uses an extremely aero position. And from that position control of
the bike must be pretty minimal.

news:[email protected]...

In your case the genus is **** sexual.

<[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> Kurgan Gringioni wrote:
>> in ITT?
>>
>> Crashing in ITT is pretty fredly in an of itself.
>>
>> Crashing out of the TdF in ITT takes the fredliness up a few levels.
>>
>> Crashing out of the TdF twice in ITT - that's beyond fredliness. I'm
>> not sure what one should call it.
>>
>> Has anyone else done that twice or is Booby in a historical league of
>> his own?
>>

>> thanks,
>>
>> K. Gringioni.
>> fan of Booby

> I'm not sure, but I think Zulle could rival Julich for an uncanny
> ability to dismount at the most inappropriate times.

Zulle used to crash everywhere all the time. Bobby only seems to crash on
his TT bike. That's why I think that he rides so far under the paint that he
can't see around corners.

Tom Kunich wrote:
> "Howard Kveck" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > In article <[email protected]>,

> >> Scoot -
> >>
> >> You're a genius. You should post your phone number so Bjarne knows how
> >> to reach you.
> >>
> >> -RJ

> > You surely remember that in rbr, it's "genus."

> In your case the genus is **** sexual.

Tommy -

Kindly keep your fantasies to yourself.

Kisses,

-RJ

"Scoot" <[email protected]> wrote in news:1152392980.559991.27580
@p79g2000cwp.googlegroups.com:

> Kurgan Gringioni wrote:
>> in ITT?
>> K. Gringioni.
>> fan of Booby

> Someone without the drive, the determination or the commitment to
> actually finish; someone afraid to win. Now he can tell his friends
> that he COULD have won, if only he hadn't crashed. Gives him an easy
> out of the high pressure position of being the next TdF champion.
>
> He's a good rider, and can be a contender. He just needs to get his
> priorities straight...
>
> Scoot
> SDG

I agree, you need a special kind of class to be a true champion. Someone
who has beaten cancer can say he has that class. Bobby has yet to show it.
What has he been doing this winter, during christmas? Training? Because
that's what he should have been doing. That's what it takes: total
commitment. He should have been out there, on those roads, memorizing every
inch of them. Climbing up the mountains of France, not once, not twice, no,
ten times a day at least, at full racing speed every time. From september
last year, every moment of his life should have been dedicated to a single
goal: the Tour De France in july.

Some people can live with the idea of coming up short, and perhaps Bobby is
one of those people. But if that's true, then he will never become what he
aspires: a Real Winner.

[email protected] wrote:

> WTF are you talking about? Booby was not on the road to
> "the high pressure position of being the next TdF champion."
> He knows that and so does more or less everybody except
> the American homers in this group (the same ones that
> expect George Hincapie to win 50km TTs).

It's either American Homers (as in Simpson) or American homeys (as I'm
gonna bust you up). Which one did you mean?

> People crash in TTs because they are pushing too hard
> to get every second out of every corner, and (presumably)
> lose focus. Plus a little bit of bad luck, and bad bike handling.

Is it bad luck when it's self-inflicted? It looked like he went wide
through the first part of the S-curve to avoid a darker section of
pavement (as in almost but not quite wet) and couldn't pull it out for
the right-hander.

ilan wrote:
> Well, there is Boardman, who crashed out when he was favourite in the
> first
> few kilometers of the TdF.

he wiped out in a downpour on the painted line on a pretty tricky off
camber corner at 55kph; in retropect, perhaps he should have sat up a
bit to negotiate the curve, but retropect is cheap isn't it ? he wasn't
going to do much after the prologue anyways was he ?

Jonathan v.d. Sluis wrote:

> I agree, you need a special kind of class to be a true champion. Someone
> who has beaten cancer can say he has that class. Bobby has yet to show it.
> What has he been doing this winter, during christmas? Training? Because
> that's what he should have been doing. That's what it takes: total
> commitment. He should have been out there, on those roads, memorizing every
> inch of them. Climbing up the mountains of France, not once, not twice, no,
> ten times a day at least, at full racing speed every time. From september
> last year, every moment of his life should have been dedicated to a single
> goal: the Tour De France in july.
>
> Some people can live with the idea of coming up short, and perhaps Bobby is
> one of those people. But if that's true, then he will never become what he
> aspires: a Real Winner.

You said it much better than I could have. Thanks....

Scoot
Soli Deo Gloria

Kurgan Gringioni wrote:
> in ITT?
>
> Crashing in ITT is pretty fredly in an of itself.
>
> Crashing out of the TdF in ITT takes the fredliness up a few levels.
>
> Crashing out of the TdF twice in ITT - that's beyond fredliness. I'm
> not sure what one should call it.
>
> Has anyone else done that twice or is Booby in a historical league of
> his own?
>

> thanks,
>
> K. Gringioni.
> fan of Booby

I say that Bobby has a ways to go before he can match Rasmussen's TT
skills. Maybe Bobby has to learn to land better.

Andy

[email protected] wrote:

> WTF are you talking about? Booby was not on the road to
> "the high pressure position of being the next TdF champion."
> He knows that and so does more or less everybody except
> the American homers in this group (the same ones that
> expect George Hincapie to win 50km TTs).
>
> People crash in TTs because they are pushing too hard
> to get every second out of every corner, and (presumably)
> lose focus. Plus a little bit of bad luck, and bad bike handling.
> Like Ullrich in the last TT in 2003 or Zabriskie last year
> (it was a TTT, but he took himself out).

dumbass,

he choked.

with basso maybe the pressure got to him.

http://sports.espn.go.com/oly/tdf2006/news/story?id=2512486

armstrong in seven years hardly had any incidents or mishaps, and it
wasn't just dumb luck.

at the worlds in 2003 julich on the first lap he was stuck in the small
ring riding behind the caravan, he had no spare bike, he stopped in the
feed zone while mechanics messed with his bike and the race went up the
road, his worlds were over in 5 kms. even the juniors and third world
teams were better prepared.

In article <[email protected]>,
"Tom Kunich" <[email protected]> wrote:

> "Howard Kveck" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > In article <[email protected]>,
> > "ronaldo_jeremiah" <[email protected]> wrote:

> >> You're a genius. You should post your phone number so Bjarne knows how
> >> to reach you.
> >>
> >> -RJ

> > You surely remember that in rbr, it's "genus."

> In your case the genus is **** sexual.

Sorry Tom, even if that were true, you aren't the type I'd be interested in. But
I'm sure you'll find that special someone...