Goddamm. What sort of Jackass crashes out of the TdF twice

Simon Brooke wrote:

> > http://sports.espn.go.com/oly/tdf2006/news/story?id=2512486

> Wow. Poor *******. There is so, so much irony in that single page.
>
> "I elected not to go see the time-trial course Friday night, so I didn't
> have the pressure of having it all on my mind. In the morning, I'll have
> a little breakfast, drive the first 15 kilometers of the course, then
> ride the rest of it. Riding the course is the only way to get a true
> taste of what it will be like..."

"I elected not to go see the time-trial course Friday night"

-Bobby Julich

<[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> Simon Brooke wrote:
>
>> > http://sports.espn.go.com/oly/tdf2006/news/story?id=2512486

>> Wow. Poor *******. There is so, so much irony in that single page.
>>
>> "I elected not to go see the time-trial course Friday night, so I didn't
>> have the pressure of having it all on my mind. In the morning, I'll have
>> a little breakfast, drive the first 15 kilometers of the course, then
>> ride the rest of it. Riding the course is the only way to get a true
>> taste of what it will be like..."

> "I elected not to go see the time-trial course Friday night"

So you suppose there was gravel on the course Friday night that he should
have found so he'd be aware of it Saturday afternoon?

Tom Kunich wrote:

> > "I elected not to go see the time-trial course Friday night"

> So you suppose there was gravel on the course Friday night that he should
> have found so he'd be aware of it Saturday afternoon?

dumbass,

the genius writes:

"I elected not to go see the time-trial course Friday night, so I
didn't have the pressure of having it all on my mind."

do you think armstrong would opt to not scout the course when he had
the chance because thinking about it would put him under "pressure" ?

being the GC hopes for a team is pressure.

with basso out booby might've been csc's leader, so it's inevitable he
would've found a way to subconciously sabotage his chances and thereby
avoid any pressure.

in message <[email protected]>, Tom
Kunich ('[email protected]') wrote:

> <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...

>>> Wow. Poor *******. There is so, so much irony in that single page.
>>>
>>> "I elected not to go see the time-trial course Friday night, so I
>>> didn't have the pressure of having it all on my mind. In the morning,
>>> I'll have a little breakfast, drive the first 15 kilometers of the
>>> course, then ride the rest of it. Riding the course is the only way
>>> to get a true taste of what it will be like..."

>> "I elected not to go see the time-trial course Friday night"

> So you suppose there was gravel on the course Friday night that he
> should have found so he'd be aware of it Saturday afternoon?

Don't think (could be wrong) that there /was/ gravel, at least until
after the crash. Bobby just ran to wide, and the camber was too much
against him. He overcooked it; it's easy done, we've all been there.
Eurosport had a remarkably similar looking clip tonight, this time of Tom
Danielson seriously overcooking a bend in the Tour of Austria ITT.

Morning had broken, and I found when I looked that we had run out
of copper roove nails.

<[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> Tom Kunich wrote:
>
>> > "I elected not to go see the time-trial course Friday night"

>> So you suppose there was gravel on the course Friday night that he should
>> have found so he'd be aware of it Saturday afternoon?

> dumbass,
>
> the genius writes:
>
> "I elected not to go see the time-trial course Friday night, so I
> didn't have the pressure of having it all on my mind."
>
> do you think armstrong would opt to not scout the course when he had
> the chance because thinking about it would put him under "pressure" ?

Let me repeat myself - he fell over at high speed because of gravel on the
corner. That was witnessed by millions of poeple who watched his wheel slide
out.

Explain to me how looking over the course would have prevented that gravel
from being there.

> in message <[email protected]>, Tom
> Kunich ('[email protected]') wrote:
>
>> <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> news:[email protected]...

>>> "I elected not to go see the time-trial course Friday night"

>> So you suppose there was gravel on the course Friday night that he
>> should have found so he'd be aware of it Saturday afternoon?

> Don't think (could be wrong) that there /was/ gravel, at least until
> after the crash. Bobby just ran to wide, and the camber was too much
> against him. He overcooked it; it's easy done, we've all been there.
> Eurosport had a remarkably similar looking clip tonight, this time of Tom
> Danielson seriously overcooking a bend in the Tour of Austria ITT.

Yeah those stupid professional racers don't have the judgement of you really
bright critics.

In article <[email protected]>,
"Tom Kunich" <[email protected]> wrote:

> <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...

> >> So you suppose there was gravel on the course Friday night that he should
> >> have found so he'd be aware of it Saturday afternoon?

> > dumbass,
> >
> > the genius writes:
> >
> > "I elected not to go see the time-trial course Friday night, so I
> > didn't have the pressure of having it all on my mind."
> >
> > do you think armstrong would opt to not scout the course when he had
> > the chance because thinking about it would put him under "pressure" ?

> Let me repeat myself - he fell over at high speed because of gravel on the
> corner. That was witnessed by millions of poeple who watched his wheel slide
> out.
>
> Explain to me how looking over the course would have prevented that gravel
> from being there.

Tom, how is that the gravel *only* had an effect on Bobby? Everyone else made it
through, no? It's possible that he was the only person to have gone that wide on the
exit, in which case it really wasn't the "fault" of the gravel, but the operator.
Watch the clip again, he appears to be going out around a somewhat darker patch of
pavement (perhaps thinking it was wet) and sees that he's aimed at the curb opposite
with no chance of really making the transition. He turns the bars hard left and
briefly loses the front and then the back comes around. As he's still leaned left,
the bike and him sort of roll to the left. It's pretty hard to make those kinds of
maneuvers and corrections when your arms are on an aero bar.

--
tanx,
Howard

Never take a tenant with a monkey.

remove YOUR SHOES to reply, ok?

"Howard Kveck" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> In article <[email protected]>,
> "Tom Kunich" <[email protected]> wrote:
>>
>> Let me repeat myself - he fell over at high speed because of gravel on
>> the
>> corner. That was witnessed by millions of poeple who watched his wheel
>> slide
>> out.
>>
>> Explain to me how looking over the course would have prevented that
>> gravel
>> from being there.

> Tom, how is that the gravel *only* had an effect on Bobby? Everyone else
> made it
> through, no? It's possible that he was the only person to have gone that
> wide on the
> exit, in which case it really wasn't the "fault" of the gravel, but the
> operator.

You really are a moron aren't you? The road is expected to be clean and free
of grease, gravel and anything else that impedes NORMAL traction. For
someone that can't ride a bike you sure have a lot of ideas about how it
should be done.

in 513484 20060713 021719 "Tom Kunich" <[email protected]> wrote:

>Let me repeat myself - he fell over at high speed because of gravel on the
>corner. That was witnessed by millions of poeple who watched his wheel slide
>out.

You can say it as often as you like, but it just isn't true.
There was NO gravel on the road before Julich's crash.

In article <[email protected]>,
"Tom Kunich" <[email protected]> wrote:

> "Howard Kveck" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > In article <[email protected]>,
> > "Tom Kunich" <[email protected]> wrote:
> >>
> >> Let me repeat myself - he fell over at high speed because of gravel on
> >> the corner. That was witnessed by millions of poeple who watched his wheel
> >> slide out.
> >>
> >> Explain to me how looking over the course would have prevented that
> >> gravel from being there.

> > Tom, how is that the gravel *only* had an effect on Bobby? Everyone else
> > made itthrough, no? It's possible that he was the only person to have gone
> > that wide on the exit, in which case it really wasn't the "fault" of the
> > gravel, but the operator.

> You really are a moron aren't you?

You're projecting again, Tommykins.

> The road is expected to be clean and free of grease, gravel and anything
> else that impedes NORMAL traction.

I'll say it once more, Tommykins: Every other rider made it through without
ending up on their head. So how is it that this gravel that you keep on about ended
up there *only* for Julich? By the way, is there some rule that only you know about
that states the road shall be clean and free of grease, gravel, etc when Bobby
Julich is on the course?

--
tanx,
Howard

Never take a tenant with a monkey.

remove YOUR SHOES to reply, ok?

in message <[email protected]>,
Howard Kveck ('[email protected]') wrote:

> In article <[email protected]>,
> "Tom Kunich" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> Let me repeat myself - he fell over at high speed because of gravel on
>> the corner. That was witnessed by millions of poeple who watched his
>> wheel slide out.
>>
>> Explain to me how looking over the course would have prevented that
>> gravel from being there.

> Tom, how is that the gravel *only* had an effect on Bobby? Everyone
> else made it
> through, no? It's possible that he was the only person to have gone
> that wide on the exit, in which case it really wasn't the "fault" of
> the gravel, but the operator.

He came into the bend too fast, and consequently wasn't able to stay on
the inside of the bend where the camber was favourable. Instead he was
forced over onto the outside where the camber was unfavourable. It ain't
rocket science.

;; when in the ****, the wise man plants courgettes

Tom Kunich wrote:

> You really are a moron aren't you? The road is expected to be clean and free
> of grease, gravel and anything else that impedes NORMAL traction. For
> someone that can't ride a bike you sure have a lot of ideas about how it
> should be done.

Dumbass -

Howard's right. If all the other 180 riders made it through, Booby
should have made it also.

thanks,

K. Gringioni.

"Howard Kveck" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> I'll say it once more, Tommykins: Every other rider made it through
> without
> ending up on their head. So how is it that this gravel that you keep on
> about ended
> up there *only* for Julich? By the way, is there some rule that only you
> know about
> that states the road shall be clean and free of grease, gravel, etc when
> Bobby
> Julich is on the course?

Ahh, I see what you're getting at - Julich is lying about being brought down
by gravel. The marvelous Howard Kveck can tell that immediately with his
skill of deductive reasoning.

By the way, perhaps you'd like to explain to us whether or not that corner
was swept AFTER Julich's fall?

In article <[email protected]>,
"Tom Kunich" <[email protected]> wrote:

> Ahh, I see what you're getting at - Julich is lying about being brought down
> by gravel. The marvelous Howard Kveck can tell that immediately with his
> skill of deductive reasoning.
>
> By the way, perhaps you'd like to explain to us whether or not that corner
> was swept AFTER Julich's fall?

Unsurprisingly, you're ignoring what Bobby Julich said about it himself in the
page cited by Amit (which is now at:
thttp://sports.espn.go.com/oly/tdf2006/news/story?id=2515505 ). Once you get an idea
in your head, you hold on as tenaciously as a pit bull. Only the dog is smarter.

--
tanx,
Howard

Never take a tenant with a monkey.

remove YOUR SHOES to reply, ok?

"Howard Kveck" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> In article <[email protected]>,
> "Tom Kunich" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> Ahh, I see what you're getting at - Julich is lying about being brought
>> down
>> by gravel. The marvelous Howard Kveck can tell that immediately with his
>> skill of deductive reasoning.
>>
>> By the way, perhaps you'd like to explain to us whether or not that
>> corner
>> was swept AFTER Julich's fall?

> Unsurprisingly, you're ignoring what Bobby Julich said about it himself
> in the
> page cited by Amit (which is now at:
> thttp://sports.espn.go.com/oly/tdf2006/news/story?id=2515505 ). Once you
> get an idea
> in your head, you hold on as tenaciously as a pit bull. Only the dog is
> smarter.

You will blather on regardless won't you? I don't suppose I should be in the
least surprised that those who can't tell everyone else what they're doing
wrong.

In article <[email protected]>,
"Tom Kunich" <[email protected]> wrote:

> You will blather on regardless won't you? I don't suppose I should be in the
> least surprised that those who can't tell everyone else what they're doing
> wrong.

Tommy, 150 riders made it through that section before Bobby J and 20 made it
through after - none of them crashed. You go only as fast as conditions permit and
170 found the conditions to be acceptable. Even Julich says so. Pretty unambiguous.