Going cheap

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Richard, Mar 2, 2004.

  1. Richard

    Richard Guest

    Tags:

  2. 2LAP

    2LAP New Member

    Joined:
    Feb 22, 2002
    Messages:
    1,265
    Probably would retail at £50 to £80 (a complete guess).

    But isn't the value based upon what its use will be? If the use will be anything more than a weekly ride to get a Sunday moring paper I'd say its value is about 20p.

  3. Anonymous

    Anonymous Guest

    Richard posted ...

    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3663471075&category=572
    > 57&sspagename=STRK%3AMESSE%3AIT&rd=1

    They can be bought, or at least very similar ones can, brand new for about £50 ish at yourt local
    Motorworld type shop .. I have seen them going in 'sales' for less than £40

    --
    Paul

    (8(|) Homer rocks .. ;)

  4. > Spotted this on ebay whats it worth do you think.

    > http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3663471075&category=572
    > 57&sspagename=STRK%3AMESSE%3AIT&rd=1

    Definately what it's worth. IMHO cheap grotty bikes are great for slow trundlers and kids - slow
    trundlers will never really notice the bike is not all that great and kids grow so fast/leave it
    unlocked outside the shops so often that they'll never have the bike long enough to really notice
    its deficiencies. Also remember - the heavier and more inefficient the bike, the better the workout!
    It's also less likely to get nicked.

    ---

  5. Richard wrote:
    > Spotted this on ebay whats it worth do you think.

    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3663471075&category=572
    > 57&sspagename=STRK%3AMESSE%3AIT&rd=1

    I dinly recall an episode of "The Goodies" in which, starving, they were obliged to auction the
    trandem, receiving in return a can of baked beans. The above may just about reach the same value,
    provided that:

    1. it's a small can, of
    2. supermarket own-brand beans

    </bike_snob>

    ;-)

    http://www.bhpc.org.uk/

  6. MartinM

    MartinM Guest

    2LAP <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<1g_0c.11692$%[email protected]>...
    > Richard wrote:
    > > Spotted this on ebay whats it worth do you think. http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3663471075&categor-
    > > y=572http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3663471075&ca- tegory=572
    > > 57&sspagename=STRK%3AMESSE%3AIT&rd=1
    >

    > Probably would retail at £50 to £80 (a complete guess).
    >
    > But isn't the value based upon what its use will be? If the use will be anything more than a
    > weekly ride to get a Sunday moring paper I'd say its value is about 20p.

    My LBS had a flyer on the floor from a bike trade sale, bikes like that for £17.50 + vat each as
    long as you bought 6, which gives you an indication of their actual value. The strange thing about
    these ultra budget bikes is that when they first appeared they all had chromed steel rims and alloy
    hubs, now it's the reverse.