going on a business trip -wish me luck

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Nathalie W, Mar 2, 2004.

  1. Nathalie W

    Nathalie W Guest

    I 'm leaving for Hannover,Germany in a few hours for a 3 day meeting with an important client. I
    need all the luck and strength you can give me to stay OP and to make good choices. I 'll be staying
    at a fancy hotel so breakfast should be no problem : probably a buffet with lots of fresh fruit and
    yogurt. Lunch will be provided at the meeting and is called "buffet light", whatever that might
    mean? I hope I can pile up on veggies and leave the pasta and the rice alone... As a vegetarian I
    will not need to worry about meat nor fish, bu t I tend to compensate this with pasta. Tonight we
    will go out for dinner with a few colleagues so I hope the choice of restaurant will be OK. German
    food as you know is not always light :) Tomorrow at the meeting dinner will be provided as well. I
    'm hoping on another buffet, meaning I should be able to make healthy choices. And then try to avoid
    the desserts buffet of course... It will be tough but it 's a good test. I have been struggling
    lately and I was on track again for the last days, and I don't need this business trip to ruin
    everything again... will tell you on Saturday how it went.
    --
    Nathalie from Belgium
    134.1/101.1/minigoal 99.9 Goal 68 Kg

    Tags:

  2. I have every confidence you will make the best choices available, Lee
    Nathalie W <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > I 'm leaving for Hannover,Germany in a few hours for a 3 day meeting with
    an
    > important client. I need all the luck and strength you can give me to stay OP and to make
    good
    > choices. I 'll be staying at a fancy hotel so breakfast should be no problem : probably a buffet
    > with lots of fresh fruit and yogurt. Lunch will be provided at the meeting and is called "buffet
    > light", whatever that might mean? I hope I can pile up on veggies and leave the pasta and the rice
    > alone... As a vegetarian I will not need to worry about meat nor fish, bu
    > I tend to compensate this with pasta. Tonight we will go out for dinner with a few colleagues so I
    > hope the
    choice
    > of restaurant will be OK. German food as you know is not always light :) Tomorrow at the meeting
    > dinner will be provided as well. I 'm hoping on another buffet, meaning I should be able to make
    > healthy choices. And then try to avoid the desserts buffet of course... It will be tough but it 's
    > a good test. I have been struggling lately and
    > was on track again for the last days, and I don't need this business trip
    > ruin everything again... will tell you on Saturday how it went.
    > --
    > Nathalie from Belgium
    > 134.1/101.1/minigoal 99.9 Goal 68 Kg
    > 295.6/222.8/minigoal 220.3/Goal 150 pounds RAFL 105.3/101.4/96 Kg
    > 232/222.8/212 lbs

  3. JulieB

    JulieB Guest

    Lots of positive vibes coming your way Nathalie. I know how hard travelling for work can be, but I'm
    sure you'll be fine.

    --
    Julie.
    93.5/72.3/74 (WW)/72 (Personal) kg

    Here's our FAQ: http://www.didian.com/asdww/ and welcome notice:
    http://www.geocities.com/welcomenotice/index.html

    "Nathalie W" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
    berlin.de...
    > I 'm leaving for Hannover,Germany in a few hours for a 3 day meeting with
    an
    > important client. I need all the luck and strength you can give me to stay OP and to make
    good
    > choices. I 'll be staying at a fancy hotel so breakfast should be no problem : probably a buffet
    > with lots of fresh fruit and yogurt. Lunch will be provided at the meeting and is called "buffet
    > light", whatever that might mean? I hope I can pile up on veggies and leave the pasta and the rice
    > alone... As a vegetarian I will not need to worry about meat nor fish, bu
    > I tend to compensate this with pasta. Tonight we will go out for dinner with a few colleagues so I
    > hope the
    choice
    > of restaurant will be OK. German food as you know is not always light :) Tomorrow at the meeting
    > dinner will be provided as well. I 'm hoping on another buffet, meaning I should be able to make
    > healthy choices. And then try to avoid the desserts buffet of course... It will be tough but it 's
    > a good test. I have been struggling lately and
    > was on track again for the last days, and I don't need this business trip
    > ruin everything again... will tell you on Saturday how it went.
    > --
    > Nathalie from Belgium
    > 134.1/101.1/minigoal 99.9 Goal 68 Kg
    > 295.6/222.8/minigoal 220.3/Goal 150 pounds RAFL 105.3/101.4/96 Kg
    > 232/222.8/212 lbs

  4. Joyce

    Joyce Guest

    You're probably gone already, but I hope you have a great trip. Sounds like you have your plan of
    attack all in place, making a successful trip.

    Joyce

    On Wed, 3 Mar 2004 07:37:53 +0100, "Nathalie W" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >I 'm leaving for Hannover,Germany in a few hours for a 3 day meeting with an important client. I
    >need all the luck and strength you can give me to stay OP and to make good choices. I 'll be
    >staying at a fancy hotel so breakfast should be no problem : probably a buffet with lots of fresh
    >fruit and yogurt. Lunch will be provided at the meeting and is called "buffet light", whatever that
    >might mean? I hope I can pile up on veggies and leave the pasta and the rice alone... As a
    >vegetarian I will not need to worry about meat nor fish, bu t I tend to compensate this with pasta.
    >Tonight we will go out for dinner with a few colleagues so I hope the choice of restaurant will be
    >OK. German food as you know is not always light :) Tomorrow at the meeting dinner will be provided
    >as well. I 'm hoping on another buffet, meaning I should be able to make healthy choices. And then
    >try to avoid the desserts buffet of course... It will be tough but it 's a good test. I have been
    >struggling lately and I was on track again for the last days, and I don't need this business trip
    >to ruin everything again... will tell you on Saturday how it went.

  5. Becki

    Becki Guest

    hope evrything goes well for you :)
    "Nathalie W" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > I 'm leaving for Hannover,Germany in a few hours for a 3 day meeting with
    an
    > important client. I need all the luck and strength you can give me to stay OP and to make
    good
    > choices. I 'll be staying at a fancy hotel so breakfast should be no problem : probably a buffet
    > with lots of fresh fruit and yogurt. Lunch will be provided at the meeting and is called "buffet
    > light", whatever that might mean? I hope I can pile up on veggies and leave the pasta and the rice
    > alone... As a vegetarian I will not need to worry about meat nor fish, bu
    > I tend to compensate this with pasta. Tonight we will go out for dinner with a few colleagues so I
    > hope the
    choice
    > of restaurant will be OK. German food as you know is not always light :) Tomorrow at the meeting
    > dinner will be provided as well. I 'm hoping on another buffet, meaning I should be able to make
    > healthy choices. And then try to avoid the desserts buffet of course... It will be tough but it 's
    > a good test. I have been struggling lately and
    > was on track again for the last days, and I don't need this business trip
    > ruin everything again... will tell you on Saturday how it went.
    > --
    > Nathalie from Belgium
    > 134.1/101.1/minigoal 99.9 Goal 68 Kg
    > 295.6/222.8/minigoal 220.3/Goal 150 pounds RAFL 105.3/101.4/96 Kg
    > 232/222.8/212 lbs

    ---

  6. Becki

    Becki Guest

    hope evrything goes well for you :)
    "Nathalie W" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > I 'm leaving for Hannover,Germany in a few hours for a 3 day meeting with
    an
    > important client. I need all the luck and strength you can give me to stay OP and to make
    good
    > choices. I 'll be staying at a fancy hotel so breakfast should be no problem : probably a buffet
    > with lots of fresh fruit and yogurt. Lunch will be provided at the meeting and is called "buffet
    > light", whatever that might mean? I hope I can pile up on veggies and leave the pasta and the rice
    > alone... As a vegetarian I will not need to worry about meat nor fish, bu
    > I tend to compensate this with pasta. Tonight we will go out for dinner with a few colleagues so I
    > hope the
    choice
    > of restaurant will be OK. German food as you know is not always light :) Tomorrow at the meeting
    > dinner will be provided as well. I 'm hoping on another buffet, meaning I should be able to make
    > healthy choices. And then try to avoid the desserts buffet of course... It will be tough but it 's
    > a good test. I have been struggling lately and
    > was on track again for the last days, and I don't need this business trip
    > ruin everything again... will tell you on Saturday how it went.
    > --
    > Nathalie from Belgium
    > 134.1/101.1/minigoal 99.9 Goal 68 Kg
    > 295.6/222.8/minigoal 220.3/Goal 150 pounds RAFL 105.3/101.4/96 Kg
    > 232/222.8/212 lbs

    ---

  7. Good luck Nathalie. You have the knowlege to make the right choices, you
    just have to use it. Even if you do mess up and eat a little something that
    you know you shouldn't have, you can get right back OP afterward. Most
    important is this: HAVE SOME FUN!!

    Brenda

    "Nathalie W" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
    berlin.de...
    > I 'm leaving for Hannover,Germany in a few hours for a 3 day meeting with
    an
    > important client. I need all the luck and strength you can give me to stay OP and to make
    good
    > choices. I 'll be staying at a fancy hotel so breakfast should be no problem : probably a buffet
    > with lots of fresh fruit and yogurt. Lunch will be provided at the meeting and is called "buffet
    > light", whatever that might mean? I hope I can pile up on veggies and leave the pasta and the rice
    > alone... As a vegetarian I will not need to worry about meat nor fish, bu
    > I tend to compensate this with pasta. Tonight we will go out for dinner with a few colleagues so I
    > hope the
    choice
    > of restaurant will be OK. German food as you know is not always light :) Tomorrow at the meeting
    > dinner will be provided as well. I 'm hoping on another buffet, meaning I should be able to make
    > healthy choices. And then try to avoid the desserts buffet of course... It will be tough but it 's
    > a good test. I have been struggling lately and
    > was on track again for the last days, and I don't need this business trip
    > ruin everything again... will tell you on Saturday how it went.
    > --
    > Nathalie from Belgium
    > 134.1/101.1/minigoal 99.9 Goal 68 Kg
    > 295.6/222.8/minigoal 220.3/Goal 150 pounds RAFL 105.3/101.4/96 Kg
    > 232/222.8/212 lbs

  8. Fred

    Fred Guest

    Good luck. AVOID DESSERTS, AVOID DESSERTS, AVOID DESSERTS - send them here! (G)

    Have a good trip

    On Wed, 3 Mar 2004 07:37:53 +0100, "Nathalie W" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >I 'm leaving for Hannover,Germany in a few hours for a 3 day meeting with an important client. I
    >need all the luck and strength you can give me to stay OP and to make good choices. I 'll be
    >staying at a fancy hotel so breakfast should be no problem : probably a buffet with lots of fresh
    >fruit and yogurt. Lunch will be provided at the meeting and is called "buffet light", whatever that
    >might mean? I hope I can pile up on veggies and leave the pasta and the rice alone... As a
    >vegetarian I will not need to worry about meat nor fish, bu t I tend to compensate this with pasta.
    >Tonight we will go out for dinner with a few colleagues so I hope the choice of restaurant will be
    >OK. German food as you know is not always light :) Tomorrow at the meeting dinner will be provided
    >as well. I 'm hoping on another buffet, meaning I should be able to make healthy choices. And then
    >try to avoid the desserts buffet of course... It will be tough but it 's a good test. I have been
    >struggling lately and I was on track again for the last days, and I don't need this business trip
    >to ruin everything again... will tell you on Saturday how it went.

  9. Michelle Guy

    Michelle Guy Guest

    Good luck with the trip and the healthy choices. Planning in advance does help, may be you can get
    some sightseeing walking in, in the evenings. Don't let this trip ruin your hard work. Michelle
    Ozzie in Switzerland ( who's been on too many ski holidays ;-)

    WW WI 69.8 / 63.5 / 61kg 134 lbs

    On Wed, 3 Mar 2004 07:37:53 +0100, "Nathalie W" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >I 'm leaving for Hannover,Germany in a few hours for a 3 day meeting with an important client. I
    >need all the luck and strength you can give me to stay OP and to make good choices. I 'll be
    >staying at a fancy hotel so breakfast should be no problem : probably a buffet with lots of fresh
    >fruit and yogurt. Lunch will be provided at the meeting and is called "buffet light", whatever that
    >might mean? I hope I can pile up on veggies and leave the pasta and the rice alone... As a
    >vegetarian I will not need to worry about meat nor fish, bu t I tend to compensate this with pasta.
    >Tonight we will go out for dinner with a few colleagues so I hope the choice of restaurant will be
    >OK. German food as you know is not always light :) Tomorrow at the meeting dinner will be provided
    >as well. I 'm hoping on another buffet, meaning I should be able to make healthy choices. And then
    >try to avoid the desserts buffet of course... It will be tough but it 's a good test. I have been
    >struggling lately and I was on track again for the last days, and I don't need this business trip
    >to ruin everything again... will tell you on Saturday how it went.

  10. Connie

    Connie Guest

    Good Luck Nathalie! You can do it!!

    --

    Cheers,

    Connie Walsh

    241.5/201/155 RAFL 210.5/201/198.5 2nd 10% 219.5/201/198

    Nathalie W wrote:
    > I 'm leaving for Hannover,Germany in a few hours for a 3 day meeting with an important client. I
    > need all the luck and strength you can give me to stay OP and to make good choices. I 'll be
    > staying at a fancy hotel so breakfast should be no problem : probably a buffet with lots of fresh
    > fruit and yogurt. Lunch will be provided at the meeting and is called "buffet light", whatever
    > that might mean? I hope I can pile up on veggies and leave the pasta and the rice alone... As a
    > vegetarian I will not need to worry about meat nor fish, bu t I tend to compensate this with
    > pasta. Tonight we will go out for dinner with a few colleagues so I hope the choice of restaurant
    > will be OK. German food as you know is not always light :) Tomorrow at the meeting dinner will be
    > provided as well. I 'm hoping on another buffet, meaning I should be able to make healthy choices.
    > And then try to avoid the desserts buffet of course... It will be tough but it 's a good test. I
    > have been struggling lately and I was on track again for the last days, and I don't need this
    > business trip to ruin everything again... will tell you on Saturday how it went.

  11. Kristin

    Kristin Guest

    Hope you have/had a nice trip in Germany, Nathalie. Be sure and let us know
    how you did. :)

    --

    ~Kristin O~
    272/235.4/172