going to build up a hotrod...

IEatRice4Dinner

Jul 19, 2004
bike that is :)im goin to build somethin up and i got a few questions on some things. here is some BG info, i want an italian 70's or 80's steel lugged road frameset, somethin retro and fun, BUT i like the look of the C-record stuff and love ergopower. i want it to be a 9 speed bike with single chain ring in the front also.
i have a brand new nos 1997 veloche shifter (pointed tops) and a left mirage shifter that i gutted and pollished and it looks awsome,
i got some 28 hole old school ambrosio rims and im thinkin of gettin a record front/rear set of hubs.
Q1
Im shure i can change the pullys for the 9 speed chain, but the c-record rear deur. is made for index/friction will it work with ergo?
Q2
since campy changed the pull ratios in the late 90's will i need an older cassette or can i use a new one or does that even matter

keep in mind i want to use new record hubs.

Q3
What is the BCD of c-record cranks.

IEatRice4Dinner said:
bike that is :)im goin to build somethin up and i got a few questions on some things. here is some BG info, i want an italian 70's or 80's steel lugged road frameset, somethin retro and fun, BUT i like the look of the C-record stuff and love ergopower. i want it to be a 9 speed bike with single chain ring in the front also.
i have a brand new nos 1997 veloche shifter (pointed tops) and a left mirage shifter that i gutted and pollished and it looks awsome,
i got some 28 hole old school ambrosio rims and im thinkin of gettin a record front/rear set of hubs.
Q1
Im shure i can change the pullys for the 9 speed chain, but the c-record rear deur. is made for index/friction will it work with ergo?
Q2
since campy changed the pull ratios in the late 90's will i need an older cassette or can i use a new one or does that even matter

keep in mind i want to use new record hubs.

Q3
What is the BCD of c-record cranks.
I am pretty sure that C-record RD will not index properly with Ergo. I have an early 80's 531 Trek set up with 9s Campy cassette and chain and friction downtube shifters. Works great. The 9s chain/cassette needs hardly any lever pull to make a shift. I would try to find a NOS mid 90s campy RD which would work with those Veloce shifters.

John M said:
I am pretty sure that C-record RD will not index properly with Ergo. I have an early 80's 531 Trek set up with 9s Campy cassette and chain and friction downtube shifters. Works great. The 9s chain/cassette needs hardly any lever pull to make a shift. I would try to find a NOS mid 90s campy RD which would work with those Veloce shifters.

im shure i can hack up a cassette and try to rig somethin up with spacers and stuff.. would be awsome if it works... anyone have info for my other q's?

IEatRice4Dinner said:
im shure i can hack up a cassette and try to rig somethin up with spacers and stuff.. would be awsome if it works... anyone have info for my other q's?

Q3: BCD should be 135mm for Campy C-record.