Going to Germany and Austria

hawesgb

Guest
My daughter will be going to Austria for school next Sept. Mom and dad would like to visit in the
spring. Any good recumbets to rent or buy there? I realy want a trike. Any good bike shops to go to
in Salzburg?

Can I get a lite trike there? Should I ship it back in peices and sat it's bicycle parts for lower
customs tax?

Any good bike tours around Salzburg?

> My daughter will be going to Austria for school next Sept. Mom and dad would like to visit in the
> spring. Any good recumbets to rent or buy there? I realy want a trike. Any good bike shops to go
> to in Salzburg?
>
> Can I get a lite trike there? Should I ship it back in peices and sat it's bicycle parts for lower
> customs tax?
>
> Any good bike tours around Salzburg?

There are very few 'bent dealers in Austria. http://www.fahrradstudio.at/ in Baden is one of the
few. Wolfgang Ambrosch is the owner. I understand that another LBS exists in Vienna.

When I flew my RANS Stratus to Vienna, I looked into shipping it as freight ahead of me. At ~$750
it seemed cost prohibitive. Bikes fly free on European airlines as part of the two allowed pieces
of luggage.

Here is a URL (there are many for Österreich[Austria]) Search on 'Radweg' 'Österreich' 'Salzburg'

http://www.hikbik.com/deutsch/tauernradweg.html

- Bellaire, TX USA -

Salzburg and the nearby Salzkammergut (local lake district) are a couple of the most scenic places
to visit it Europe. Hope that all of you enjoy it quite a bit.

The last time that I was in the area, I had never even heard of a recumbent (liegerad). I have no
specific info for you, sadly.

I did a search for a recumbent trike (liegerad dreirad) and Salzburg and drew blanks. I did find a
recumbent shop east of Munich that sold recumbent trikes, but only a couple brands: Hase, Antrotech
and Thorax.

http://www.traumvelo.de/

I also found an Austrian bike touring map (radtourenkarte)

http://www.radtouren.at/english/homepage...2.html

The Germans (Deutsch) have a wealth of information on bike routes(radweg). Out of curiosity I
ordered a guide on bike routes through Amazon.de. The name is "Radfernwege In Deutschland". It is by
the German National Bike Club, ADFC. It requires enough German to strain my knowledge.

A couple routes near Salzburg:

Traun/Alz-Radwanderweg

http://www.bayerninfo.de/radler/beschrei/rw_77.htm

Various in the area: Inntal(Inn River), Donau (Danube River), Koenigsee

http://www.fahrradwanderweg.de/karten.html

If you go, don't miss the Salzkammergut. I figure an afternoon picnic on Halstatt Lake
(Halstaettersee) is about as close to heaven as I will ever get.

Gary McCarty, Salt Lake City

<[email protected]> skrev i en meddelelse news:[email protected]...
> My daughter will be going to Austria for school next Sept. Mom and dad would like to visit in the
> spring. Any good recumbets to rent or buy there? I realy want a trike. Any good bike shops to go
> to in Salzburg?
>
> Can I get a lite trike there? Should I ship it back in peices and sat it's bicycle parts for lower
> customs tax?

http://www.yunord.net/~bikeplus/trikes/trikes.html

He's in the former Yugoslavia but I'm not sure what part. Seem to recall him having an austrian
dealer but can't find it. If you like the trikes you could try to mail him and ask.

M.