Going Tubeless!!

bgoetz

Nov 25, 2010
Well what started off as me rebuilding my front wheel with the existing DA hub has lead to me building a whole new wheel set with my DA hub front and rear powertap. Seeing as the wheel set is going to be used for Battenkill and other dirt/road races I figured might as well go tubeless. So I will be building some Stans Alpha 400s, DT comp spokes 24/28, DA front, PT rear, and Hutchinson Fusion 3 tires. I am kinda excited to give tubeless a try, hopefully it works out well!

bgoetz said:
Well what started off as me rebuilding my front wheel with the existing DA hub has lead to me building a whole new wheel set with my DA hub front and rear powertap. Seeing as the wheel set is going to be used for Battenkill and other dirt/road races I figured might as well go tubeless. So I will be building some Stans Alpha 400s, DT comp spokes 24/28, DA front, PT rear, and Hutchinson Fusion 3 tires. I am kinda excited to give tubeless a try, hopefully it works out well!
I thought I read that Battenkill was not going to run this year.

They basically used the UCI/doping as an excuse to not mess with the extra planning is my opinion.

I just could not go with the DT comp spokes, I figured why not spend the extra $ and go with some Sapim cx ray spokes instead!

bgoetz said:
I just could not go with the DT comp spokes, I figured why not spend the extra $ and go with some Sapim cx ray spokes instead!
You can't really go wrong with CX-Rays.

Yeah and Wheelbuilders price matched the Bike hub store at $2.95 a spoke for black, plus free shipping, so how could I not go with them!

I have been riding Hutchinson Fusion 3 tubeless for a couple of years and enjoy the ride very much. I am glad that more companies are starting to come out with tubeless tires. I look forward to trying them.