Gold Race = shitrace

Kenny <[email protected]> wrote:
> > Bring it, Kenny.

> > RBR is at its finest when the Euro contingent starts talking smack.

> Can you simply say what your point is?

Uh, that I enjoyed the argument and occasional regionalist biases brought on by your comments? I
will be terribly uncool and translate the idiom:

"Bring it" = bring it on, let's hear it, come on with your best stuff

"Talking smack" = boasts, putdowns, insults, disparagements of one's race/racing
ability/looks/mother/King of the Classics.

> It seems to it's forbidden to have an own opinion in rbr. Are you people saying you don't feel any
> difference of experience between watching the real classics like Sanremo, Flanders, Roubaix, LBL
> and watching the gold race?

RBR is not a place for people with thin skins. And hey, over here in the US we get these races
distilled down to an hour of TV, several days later, and consider ourselves lucky to see that, since
a few years agowe got nothing at all. (Flanders, PR, Amstel, LBL get the hour treatment; AFAIK
Sanremo has not been televised in the US.)

Tom Kunich wrote:

> When I stopped over in Switzerland for a short day I was amazed at the numbers of recreational
> bicyclists. I'm quite surprised that there aren't more Swiss in the peloton.

Note, that I am not Swiss. Anyway, I just checked the nations ratings for eilte at UCI. There was no
nation, that is smaller than Switzerland rated above. Just below Switzterland, I saw USA. I think,
not bad, for such a small country ...

I certainly could name more riders in the peleton from Switzerland, than from the other side
of the pond.

I agree with you, about the recreational riders in Switzerland. I am often one of those. I live very
close to the border between Germany an Switzerland. In Germany I see many recreatation riders,too -
typically on mountain bikes. In Switzerland, I see many on road bikes.

Regrads, Dieter

Kenny wrote:

> It seems to it's forbidden to have an own opinion in rbr. Are you people saying you don't feel any
> difference of experience between watching the real classics like Sanremo, Flanders, Roubaix, LBL
> and watching the gold race?

I get the same feeling watching Sanremo as I get watching the gold race. I'm sure that'll change
when I get to watch them live.