Gold Road (3/32) Chain?

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Donald Gillies, Sep 24, 2005.

  1. I am looking for a source of new gold 3/32 road chains. I understand
    that NOS regina chains are available on ebay all the time.

    Wipperman supposedly made these for a while.
    KMC also supposedly makes a Z-9 or Z-9000 chain that is gold.

    I can find neither on the web - do either of these exist ??

    Thanx,

    - Don Gillies
    San Diego, CA

    Tags:

  2. maxo

    maxo Guest

    I've got the single speed version of the KMC Gold Chain--well it's gold
    with grey inner links. Looks rather blingtastic. Mine was $6 at an
    *mart. I'm not too picky about my single speed chains, but I'd be
    slightly skeptical about the shifting finesse of a KMC multispeed
    chain--they're cheap enough to find out.

  3. maxo

    maxo Guest

  4. Paul Hobson

    Paul Hobson Guest

    maxo wrote:
    > here's a picture of what it looks like on the bike:
    >
    > http://static.flickr.com/27/36576981_80c31823c2_o.jpg

    Nice, I like that color of the frame too. What'd be super hot if if you
    got a blue chain to match your pedals--ok, I'm getting carried away...

    --
    Paul M. Hobson
    Georgia Institute of Technology

  5. maxo

    maxo Guest

    I should just get some pedals other than those cheap $25 Nashbar
    specials. LOL Thing is that after a rebuild, they're totally buttery
    and I can't find a good reason to replace them.

    Now if I could find some gold pedals! Oh, la la! :D

  6. Paul Hobson

    Paul Hobson Guest

    Paul Hobson wrote:
    > maxo wrote:
    >
    >> here's a picture of what it looks like on the bike:
    >>
    >> http://static.flickr.com/27/36576981_80c31823c2_o.jpg
    >>

    > Nice, I like that color of the frame too. What'd be super hot if if you
    > got a blue chain to match your pedals--ok, I'm getting carried away...

    just for grins a giggles, here's the bike I was telling you about (it
    looks better in person)

    http://fastermustache.org/gallery?g2_view=core.ShowItem&g2_itemId=3520

    --
    Paul M. Hobson
    Georgia Institute of Technology
    ..:change the words to numbers
    if you want to reply to me:.

  7. Bob

    Bob Guest

  8. Paul Hobson

    Paul Hobson Guest

    Bob wrote:
    > On Sun, 02 Oct 2005 18:10:12 -0400, Paul Hobson
    > <[email protected]> wrote:
    >

    >>just for grins a giggles, here's the bike I was telling you about (it
    >>looks better in person)
    >>
    >>http://fastermustache.org/gallery?g2_view=core.ShowItem&g2_itemId=3520

    > Looks like he lost his bike. Was it stolen during the photo?

    haha! that was the one inline skater at critical mass this friday (our
    best yet!)

    seriously though, that blue chain/chainwheel are pretty sweet, eh?

    --
    Paul M. Hobson
    Georgia Institute of Technology
    ..:change the words to numbers