Gold Rush Replica vs. Stratus XP AL

I'm looking to switch from my 6+ year old RANS V-Rex for a LWB
recumbent and I've been out of the market for all that time and know
little of the developments. I think it will come down to either the
Stratus XP AL or the GRR. What are the relative merits of each?
When I tested the old Stratus years ago I wasn't that impressed and
would have gone with the GRR if I'd had the budget at the time. But I
hear that the Stratus XP is a big improvement. How do the 2 compare?
Excuse me if this has been covered before but I could not find a head-
to-head comparison anywhere.

[email protected] wrote:
> I'm looking to switch from my 6+ year old RANS V-Rex for a LWB
> recumbent and I've been out of the market for all that time and know
> little of the developments. I think it will come down to either the
> Stratus XP AL or the GRR. What are the relative merits of each?
> When I tested the old Stratus years ago I wasn't that impressed and
> would have gone with the GRR if I'd had the budget at the time. But I
> hear that the Stratus XP is a big improvement. How do the 2 compare?
> Excuse me if this has been covered before but I could not find a head-
> to-head comparison anywhere.

This may sound trite, but just ride both and buy the one you like
better, objective comparisons be dammed. In the end, the way you fit on
the bike and how it rides is the most important, and this can not be
determined by reviews from others.

Speaking of the V-Rex, I went to a shop expecting to come home with one,
but ended up with a Rocket instead, since I liked it a lot better. I
expect the same applies to the Stratus XP vs. GRR comparison - the
differences in handling, hand position, seats and riding position can
not be quantified as better or worse by any criteria other than personal
preference.