GoldenCheetah v2.0 released today

liversedge

Jun 28, 2004
[COLOR= rgb(51, 51, 51)]Hi, [/COLOR] [COLOR= rgb(51, 51, 51)]A quick note for the power meter users here, Golden Cheetah v2.0 has just been released. You can download for Windows, Mac and Linux here.[/COLOR]
[COLOR= rgb(51, 51, 51)]If you're new to GoldenCheetah it is an open-source project to allow you to download and analyse power meter data from many different devices, including Garmin, SRM, PT, iBike, Quarq and many other file formats, these screenshots show it in action.[/COLOR]
[COLOR= rgb(51, 51, 51)]The release notes for 2.0 are: [/COLOR] [COLOR= rgb(51, 51, 51)]New Features [/COLOR] [COLOR= rgb(51, 51, 51)]Aerolab (Andy Froncioni) [/COLOR] [COLOR= rgb(51, 51, 51)]View ride in Google Maps (Greg Lonnon) [/COLOR] [COLOR= rgb(51, 51, 51)]Long Term Metrics (Mark Liversedge) [/COLOR] [COLOR= rgb(51, 51, 51)]User configurable ride metadata (Mark Liversedge) [/COLOR] [COLOR= rgb(51, 51, 51)]Ride editor and tools (Mark Liversedge) [/COLOR] [COLOR= rgb(51, 51, 51)]HR Zones and TRIMP Metrics (Damien Grauser) [/COLOR] [COLOR= rgb(51, 51, 51)]Twitter support (Justin Knotzke) [/COLOR] [COLOR= rgb(51, 51, 51)]Internationalisation [/COLOR] [COLOR= rgb(51, 51, 51)]Updates to French translation (Damien Grauser) [/COLOR] [COLOR= rgb(51, 51, 51)]Japanese translation (Mitsukuni Sato) [/COLOR] [COLOR= rgb(51, 51, 51)]New Logo and Icons [/COLOR] [COLOR= rgb(51, 51, 51)]Golden Cheetah Logo(Dan Schmalz) [/COLOR] [COLOR= rgb(51, 51, 51)]Enhanced Ride Plot [/COLOR] [COLOR= rgb(51, 51, 51)]Ride plot stacked view (Damien Grauser) [/COLOR] [COLOR= rgb(51, 51, 51)]Scrolling Ride Plot (Mark Liversedge) [/COLOR] [COLOR= rgb(51, 51, 51)]New Devices and File Formats Supported [/COLOR] [COLOR= rgb(51, 51, 51)]Support for Joule BIN File Format (Damien Grauser) [/COLOR] [COLOR= rgb(51, 51, 51)]Tacx CAF Ride File Format Support (Ilja Booij) [/COLOR] [COLOR= rgb(51, 51, 51)]Garmin FIT ride file support (Sean Rhea) [/COLOR] [COLOR= rgb(51, 51, 51)]Export to Google Earth 5.2 KML (Mark Liversedge) [/COLOR] [COLOR= rgb(51, 51, 51)]Training Peaks PWX ride file support (Mark Liversedge) [/COLOR] [COLOR= rgb(51, 51, 51)]Polar SRD ride file support (Mark Liversedge) [/COLOR] [COLOR= rgb(51, 51, 51)]Racermate CompCS/Ergvideo .TXT ride file support (Mark Liversedge)[/COLOR]

Reactions: RHR38
It looks really good I must say /img/vbsmilies/smilies/smile.gif (I already used previous version). Aerolab is interesting, but is it more like for pro coaches w/ high budjet ( wind tunnel hrs aso) or can I find ways for field testing with it like just tt-bike + PT on it?

Originally Posted by RHR38 .

Aerolab is interesting, but is it more like for pro coaches w/ high budjet ( wind tunnel hrs aso) or can I find ways for field testing with it like just tt-bike + PT on it?
I'm not a pro coach and I use it.

Aerolab is very useful for estimating CdA, Crr relationships based on field collected power data. If you had access to wind tunnels you could use it to see how your field results match your tunnel results but it's really valuable for folks that can't fund a trip to the tunnel.

I've used it quite a bit for aero field testing and typically dump my files from out and back TTs into it which help me see things like significant wind changes or changes in my position during the race which show up as non symmetrical virtual elevation profiles. On relatively calm days the data from out and back time trials tends to confirm my other field tests.

So yeah, like RChung I use it a lot and have yet to visit a tunnel, the difference is I didn't invent the tool like he did.

-Dave

Originally Posted by daveryanwyoming .
So yeah, like RChung I use it a lot and have yet to visit a tunnel, the difference is I'm not a tool like he is.
Fixed your post for you.

Originally Posted by RChung .
...Fixed your post for you.
O.K. that was funny, especially given the source.

Somehow 'tool' doesn't come to mind when I think of you, what did Jim Croce say? Don't tug on superman's cape, don't spit into the wind and something about not debating statistics with RChung....

-Dave

Originally Posted by RHR38 .

Aerolab is interesting [...] can I find ways for field testing with it like just tt-bike + PT on it?
Pretty much, though you will get better with practice. Here are a few recommendations on how you might choose a test course.
http://anonymous.coward.free.fr/wattage/cda/recommendations.pdf

[Edit:]

In Aerolab,

eta = drive train efficiency. If you have a PT, just leave it at 1.0
rho = air density. You can find online calculators but if you're doing your testing all on the same day just leave it where it is

If you're using the same tires and tubes on the same day just keep the Crr slider where it is and slide the CdA control left and right until the profile for your test more-or-less matches reality (that is, if the test course ended up at the same spot then you want the start and end of the virtual elevation profile to end up at the same height).

On aerolab, how can I offset the altitude more than 300m? My local rides are over 2000m so its a bit tricky to match the virtual elevation with the actual elevation.
Thx

Originally Posted by AshesGlory .

On aerolab, how can I offset the altitude more than 300m? My local rides are over 2000m so its a bit tricky to match the virtual elevation with the actual elevation.
Thx
Ah. I think that's a bug. Why don't you report it to the Golden Cheetah list?

OK, thanks. Must dump some old data into it on christmas holidays and see what it tells.

Gday im a new GC user. I have a (silly) question. on the fatigue profiling section how do i get this to work properly when i train on a mtb (no power meter) and my roadie which uses a power tap? the profile works well with my power meter but not at all with the mtb rides. Is what I'm asking possible?
Thanks

slowdave,

You'd probably have better luck getting answers posting here: http://groups.google.com/group/golden-cheetah-users/topics

greg

OT: Anyone noticed is there any Android solutions for power meters? I was thinking if one could download training when traveling in other country (training camp for example). Well, then again I don't have Joule in my PT so I need cradle anyway, but I have adapter between mini-usb cable in my HTC and normal usb in cradle hose :D (what a hassle..) No more laptop when flying to training camp. I hate it! Too much bags already.

GC Android Lite..