Golf Cart Bent...

Discussion in 'Recumbent bicycles' started by Golf Guy, Sep 18, 2005.

1. blazingpedals

blazingpedals New Member

Mooky or not, I'm getting a good laugh out of it. The Japanese/cell phone thing was hilarious. Unless he can fit 4" wide tires on the thing, it's going to put ruts all over the turf, which'll get them kicked off the course quicker than you can say, "double bogey!" If he wants exercise, WALK!!! Everyone can use their own feet, and walking costs nothing.

Use the bike/trike to ride TO the golf course. Now THAT would be an intelligent use of human power. :)

2. Bentriderlon

Bentriderlon New Member

I still think we should tell him about 'sociable' trikes. That would be good grist for his mill! I can just imagine all these golfers, two by two marking up the course in heavily laden sociables. What an image. :D

3. Golf Guy

Golf Guy New Member

We are now up to 4 EZ-3 trikes running around El Paso golf courses in just 5 weeks since the first golf cart trike hit.

The driving range is the best place to drive up with an EZ-4 golf cart trike. Everyone stops hitting balls to ask questions.

4. meb

meb New Member

http://www.allwebscooters.com/pp_01.asp

5. Bentriderlon

Bentriderlon New Member

6. Golf Guy

Golf Guy New Member

Here's an update for Nov 2005...

"It just makes sense" is the comment most heard when golfers see the golf cart bike on the course.

I have lost 8 pounds in three months.

This adds a "new dimension" to golf. It is fun.

We have been kicked off of a couple of bike forums with our news of this new golf cart bike.

We were kicked off of a traditional GOLF CART forum, the motorized kind of golf cart, as we were a threat to their business.

I have beat my SUN EZ-3 up with several golf courses, riding hard, fast and hitting bumps, potholes and whatever. This bike is holding up well. Additionally, I need only 5 gears.

Happy Holidays to all

7. Hull 697

Hull 697 New Member

"I have lost 8 pounds in three months.

This adds a "new dimension" to golf. It is fun.

We have been kicked off of a couple of bike forums with our news of this new golf cart bike."

I'm surprised Painted Dunes didn't kick you off the course. Then again, their carts were so tired the last itme I played there, I was waiting for the cart guys to catch up to me. I walk. Real golfers walk. I admit that this thread is a hoot. You have not posted any pictures of your machines, which does not lend itself to credibility.

What's this all about? http://www.allwebscooters.com/pp_01.asp Surely this is a spoof? TWO steering wheels? Their next upgrade gonna be a cutting deck?

Hey, Golf Guy, do you know Charlie Burke? If you play the Fort often you should.

8. meb

meb New Member

No spoof, manufactured by Berg.

Not something you're going to reach 30 mph in, but amusing pedal vehicles for use in the lawn or field. There are concession rentals at campgrounds of these Berg Pedal Cars.

Here's some more:

http://www.allwebscooters.com/pp_kart.asp

and the manufacturers site:

http://www.bergtoys.com/

9. meb

meb New Member

No spoof, manufactured by Berg.

Not something you're going to reach 30 mph in, but amusing pedal vehicles for use in the lawn or field. There are concession rentals at campgrounds of these Berg Pedal Cars.

Here's some more:

http://www.allwebscooters.com/pp_kart.asp

and the manufacturers site:

http://www.bergtoys.com/

10. BentRider2

BentRider2 New Member

Just wondering what kind of Peddles you would use-- thinking something like a closed-cell foam to accomodate the spikes?!?

So would these be path-only, or do you envision being able to start and stop the thing w.o. tearing up the turf?

Pretty sure you will need electric-assist. I would look at Velomobiles as a your other source of idea inputs, and see if you can merge the two!

Just my $.02

11. hound-dog

hound-dog New Member

Hey Golf Guy. I think your idea is great! There's this guy Brad who builds wacky and practical bikes. You can post pictures in the gallery and there's a forum with lots of very open minded people. You'll be welcome there with open arms. I'll bet lots of people will be interested in seeing pics. :cool:

http://www.atomiczombie.com

12. Kenny Z

Kenny Z New Member

Golf Guy, I ride a Tour Easy Recumbent and I golf. I don't think there will be any recumbents made to address the golf courses anytime soon. The riding up and down hills would not be to our advantage while golfing. As far as the price of these things go, well, we get what we pay for. My wife and I are in our 60's and rode our recumbents from Buffalo, NY to Albany, NY in 8 days, 400 miles two years ago and did just fine. NO PAIN, all comfort. As for price of things, how much is a good driver? $500? Compare apples to apples, Ken

13. end.abortion

end.abortion New Member

Hey, this is almost exactly what I'm looking for! In our present gas glugging sedentary society I would love to have a peddle golf cart that I could run on sidewalks with my 2 kids to do most of my daily running around, errands, shopping, etc, (which is generally within 2 miles of our home)!

Is there a way I can get a picture of the model before and after you modified it? It would have to lock adequately to prevent it from being peddled away while we were in a store, and does yours also have a sun/ drizzle protective awning over the top?

I realize I'd run into problems with local ordinances against peddle vehicles on sidewalks -- but with the problem of our debilitating societal dependence on imported oil isn't this EXACTLY what we should be advocating instead of prohibitting? Really our cities should be designating the slow lane to bikes, golf carts, strollers, & non-gas vehicles [email protected]#%$??