gone new brake pads

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Santa, Feb 2, 2003.

  1. Santa

    Santa Guest

    after 1500+ miles i needed new pads for my rear v brake, since deore brakes price was slightly
    higher than just pads i bought them to replace my promax, but this time the pads wore out really
    fast, and when i say really fast it is because i thought that what was just the cable stretching but
    it can also stretch so much and then i decided to take a look on the new pads... oh my god, my next
    ride would have been remembered for the metalic screech before the crash.

    Now back to reality, they didn't get time to get at least half the crud and mud than the old
    (supposedly crappy in comparison) ones got and they were gone. Since deore's are just midway in
    shimano's line i expected at least moderate durability. So now the question is: what good pads hold
    on longer than deore's? thanks

    Tags:

  2. In article <jV4%[email protected]>, santa <[email protected]> wrote:
    >after 1500+ miles i needed new pads for my rear v brake, since deore brakes price was slightly
    >higher than just pads i bought them to replace my promax, but this time the pads wore out really
    >fast, and when i say really fast it is because i thought that what was just the cable stretching
    >but it can also stretch so much and then i decided to take a look on the new pads... oh my god, my
    >next ride would have been remembered for the metalic screech before the crash.
    >
    >Now back to reality, they didn't get time to get at least half the crud and mud than the old
    >(supposedly crappy in comparison) ones got and they were gone. Since deore's are just midway in
    >shimano's line i expected at least moderate durability. So now the question is: what good pads hold
    >on longer than deore's?

    http://www.sheldonbrown.com/harris/brakeshoes.html#vrefill

    --Paul

  3. crazy6r54

    crazy6r54 Guest

    Get away from Shimano. Try Aztec or KoolStop inserts and be easy on your braking. Shimano pads and
    wet don't mix, helps the pads to go sooner and leaves a black mess on rims, tires,ect.

    Fire up MTB 03