gone new brake pads

Santa

Guest
after 1500+ miles i needed new pads for my rear v brake, since deore brakes price was slightly
higher than just pads i bought them to replace my promax, but this time the pads wore out really
fast, and when i say really fast it is because i thought that what was just the cable stretching but
it can also stretch so much and then i decided to take a look on the new pads... oh my god, my next
ride would have been remembered for the metalic screech before the crash.

Now back to reality, they didn't get time to get at least half the crud and mud than the old
(supposedly crappy in comparison) ones got and they were gone. Since deore's are just midway in
shimano's line i expected at least moderate durability. So now the question is: what good pads hold
on longer than deore's? thanks

In article <jV4%[email protected]>, santa <[email protected]> wrote:
>after 1500+ miles i needed new pads for my rear v brake, since deore brakes price was slightly
>higher than just pads i bought them to replace my promax, but this time the pads wore out really
>fast, and when i say really fast it is because i thought that what was just the cable stretching
>but it can also stretch so much and then i decided to take a look on the new pads... oh my god, my
>next ride would have been remembered for the metalic screech before the crash.
>
>Now back to reality, they didn't get time to get at least half the crud and mud than the old
>(supposedly crappy in comparison) ones got and they were gone. Since deore's are just midway in
>shimano's line i expected at least moderate durability. So now the question is: what good pads hold
>on longer than deore's?

http://www.sheldonbrown.com/harris/brakeshoes.html#vrefill

--Paul

Get away from Shimano. Try Aztec or KoolStop inserts and be easy on your braking. Shimano pads and
wet don't mix, helps the pads to go sooner and leaves a black mess on rims, tires,ect.

Fire up MTB 03