Gone To Get a Mop To Get Up the Drool

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Nelson Binch, Jun 1, 2003.

  1. Nelson Binch

    Nelson Binch Guest

    Just got done checking out the Habanero site. I've never before considered a Ti bike before, but
    those things are just plain gorgeous.

    Now the trick is gonna be trying to swing just over $700 (on second thought, the real trick is
    getting this by SWMBO {yes John G., I have one too!})

    ---
    http://intergalax.com

    Release Date: 5/29/2003

    Tags:

  2. Nelson Binch wrote:
    > Just got done checking out the Habanero site. I've never before considered a Ti bike before, but
    > those things are just plain gorgeous.

    The real pity is the pictures on the web site don't come close to showing the quality of the welds
    and the fanatical attention to the details. Nor the amount of abuse the frames can take and keep
    bouncing back (sometimes literally :) for more.

    > Now the trick is gonna be trying to swing just over $700 (on second thought, the real trick is
    > getting this by SWMBO {yes John G., I have one too!})

    "See dear, I really NEED this custom Ti, 29", Single Speed, because...."

  3. On Sun, 1 Jun 2003 22:08:51 -0400, "Nelson Binch" <[email protected]> wrote:

    |Just got done checking out the Habanero site. I've never before considered |a Ti bike before, but
    those things are just plain gorgeous.

    I can just picture the abominable excuse for "photographs."

    |Now the trick is gonna be trying to swing just over $700 (on second thought, |the real trick is
    getting this by SWMBO {yes John G., I have one too!})

    Just tell her you're buying the blueprints for a new battlecruiser to impress your Star
    Trek buddies.

    She'll understand.

  4. Technician

    Technician Guest

    ClydesdaleMTB <[email protected]> spoke thusly...

    > Nelson Binch wrote:
    > > Just got done checking out the Habanero site. I've never before considered a Ti bike before, but
    > > those things are just plain gorgeous.
    >
    > The real pity is the pictures on the web site don't come close to showing the quality of the welds
    > and the fanatical attention to the details. Nor the amount of abuse the frames can take and keep
    > bouncing back (sometimes literally :) for more.

    Hey, what do they need ads for when they have you? ;-)

    > > Now the trick is gonna be trying to swing just over $700 (on second thought, the real trick is
    > > getting this by SWMBO {yes John G., I have one too!})
    >

    > "See dear, I really NEED this custom Ti, 29", Single Speed, because...."

    Isn't there a saying that says something like if you have to justify a purchase to a family member,
    do you really need it.

    But that doesn't really apply to a Habanero, now does it? ;-)
    --
    ~Travis

  5. Penny S.

    Penny S. Guest

    Technician thoughtfully penned:
    > ClydesdaleMTB <[email protected]> spoke thusly...
    >>

    >> Nelson Binch wrote:
    >>> Just got done checking out the Habanero site. I've never before considered a Ti bike before, but
    >>> those things are just plain gorgeous.
    >>
    >> The real pity is the pictures on the web site don't come close to showing the quality of the
    >> welds and the fanatical attention to the details. Nor the amount of abuse the frames can take and
    >> keep bouncing back (sometimes literally :) for more.
    >>

    > Hey, what do they need ads for when they have you? ;-)
    >

    >>> Now the trick is gonna be trying to swing just over $700 (on second thought, the real trick is
    >>> getting this by SWMBO {yes John G., I have one too!})
    >>

    >> "See dear, I really NEED this custom Ti, 29", Single Speed, because...."
    >>

    > Isn't there a saying that says something like if you have to justify a purchase to a family
    > member, do you really need it.

    someday when you are married you'll understand.

    P.