Gong ride last 15k

46kgToDate

Aug 31, 2006
Now I heard a rumour that the last part of the ride this year will be on the road and not on that shocker of a bike path.

Does anyone know if there's any truth in that rumour??

Have not heard. But I read that the finish line has been moved a tiny bit up the road to a park.

In any case, the weather (rain) would be a concern for this year's planned ride.

sogood said:
Have not heard. But I read that the finish line has been moved a tiny bit up the road to a park.

In any case, the weather (rain) would be a concern for this year's planned ride.
Rain sux. The rain, or the killer wind, last year sucked ass, I'm thinking of cancelling if the rain comes.

Yeh its off the bike path this year. Plenty of rain it looks like, which usually means more punctures.

With 40 degrees, I know I won't ride. With rain, it's decision all the way to the start and even along the way. Then there's the rain gear.

I've got the added dilemma that in a team of 5, I'm the only one who is fairly keen to sit it out if it rains. The others want to run regardless. And I'm the team captain!

What can you do!

I'm hoping it's either dry all the way, or hailing and lightning in the morning, so the choice is easier :)

sogood said:

Come on! Cycling is an outdoor sport.

Tuffen' up!

Scotty

scotty72 said:
On 2nd thought, you're right.
Hey Scotty how's it going?
Weather forecast is looking better!
Gone from Rain to rain periods to showers.

Seriously, it can't be any worse than last year!

scotty72 said:
Come on! Cycling is an outdoor sport.

Tuffen' up!

Scotty
Ha, says he with a snake around his neck! I know, I'm weak, but unless I'm fishing, I prefer my outdor sports in the dry :)

Let's hope the rain gets done by today.

46kgToDate said:
Hey Scotty how's it going?
Weather forecast is looking better!
Gone from Rain to rain periods to showers.

Seriously, it can't be any worse than last year!
If it is, I'll book my place on the ark now.

Scotty

Latest forecasts:):p

Sydney:
Forecast for Sunday

Rain clearing in the morning. Chance of an early thunderstorm. Sunny periods developing. Light to moderate westerly winds turning southerly and freshening overnight. City: Min: 18 Max: 25
Illawarra:
Forecast for Sunday
Rain areas in the south and isolated showers in the north. Isolated thunderstorms. Moderate to fresh westerly winds ahead of fresh southwest to southeast change in the afternoon. Wollongong : Shower or two. Min: 15 Max: 21

Hmmm... [46kg contemplates possiblilities]
need to leave late enough to avoid the thunderstorm:eek:
and need to finish before the southerly:)
but that might be handy pushing us back up the hill on the way home...

sogood said:
It's the shitty post ride cleaning up that gets me. :p
seriously? thats the best part! out in the garage, put some led zep on, crack a coopers, and spend a relaxing hour cleaning, disassembling and then re-assembling getting your bike all perfect again. it's quality time with your significant other.

i'll take the rain any time over the wind, which just turns a ride into a grovel to the finish line.

--brett