Gong ride photo prices

46kgToDate

Aug 31, 2006
Anyone seen the prices for the jpegs from the Gong ride?
Well probably not, since it takes too long to get anywhere near your photo
and the times don't match those displayed on the day.
But if you have a few spare hours and eventually find yourself its only
$49 per shot :eek:

Saw those prices before they were up. Pretty ridiculous.

And now their server has died from the Gong traffic... :mad:

It's insanity. I would have packed my own camera had I known.

$20 for the smallest print. And what, 19c at Harvey Normans! That's a fair whack on the old mark-up.

46kgToDate said:
But if you have a few spare hours and eventually find yourself its only
$49 per shot :eek:
I agree - SuperSport (the previous photographers) took better shots, had more photographers out on the course, and charged fairer prices for the photos.

And the system for finding your photo is a whole let easier as well. TopShots look very disorganised.

I think the MS Society bombed out on this one this year.

n

I shot them off an email. Fair price for fair work, but the cost I agree was extravagant.. On a track day at Eastern Creek or Wakefield, I can get a CD full of photos of my car (usually 15-20 shots) for $45. I'd be happy to pay $49 for a digital copy of every shot of me on the Gong ride (I found 7) but $49 for one ......... In the words of Darryl Kerrigan......

If you think the Gong ride pics were bad, the Spring Cycle ones are worse.
1)You cannot search by number, 2)the thumbnails are small and obscured by the 'C' copyright symbol, 3)searching by time the pic was taken might be one way to find them.....except unlike the Gong ride we had no idea they were doing it this way. For one thing there were no clocks set up at the cameras.
I gave up loading up 9 pages of thumbnails for each 10 minute time frame trying to find my pics. One sale they won't be getting.
While I did manage to find my Gong ride pics after several attempts, the quality of pics is not as good as Supersport Images used to do, and the price is excessive. I used to buy my pics from Supersport, but this current mob won't be getting a cent.

I think their prices were geared to the skiers. Little did they know that us cyclists are that much more stingy. :D