Gonna be a hot tonight!

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Cleanbean, Jun 25, 2003.

  1. Cleanbean

    Cleanbean Guest

    Temp showing 97F outside in the shade. Humidity about 50%. The ride is at the Blora at 6:00 PM. I'm
    thinking IV of Gatorade directly into the veins. I passed on the coffee this morning for a couple
    cups of green tea and did it again in the afternoon. I took about 3 potassium's through the day. I
    guess the thing that concerns me is some of the crew has not been out in the heat that much, yours
    truly included. It looks like only the strong will survive (or those under 40!). It should be an
    eventful ride. There will be about 7 of us total. Safety in numbers I always say. I figure the 9 mi.
    course will require about a whole camelbak plus a bottle of drink. Cell phone a must. I'll report
    back.....maybe!

    Cleanbean still doing it in Texas "Like the song from Buthole Surfers- Pepper"

    Tags:

  2. Mattb

    Mattb Guest

    "Cleanbean" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Temp showing 97F outside in the shade. Humidity about 50%.

    That sounds truly miserable. I commend you for your dedication to the sport.

    Matt (feels kind of hot here too - it's 66 F)

  3. Jon Bond

    Jon Bond Guest

    "Cleanbean" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Temp showing 97F outside in the shade. Humidity about 50%. The ride is
    at
    > the Blora at 6:00 PM. I'm thinking IV of Gatorade directly into the
    veins.
    > I passed on the coffee this morning for a couple cups of green tea and did it again in the
    > afternoon. I took about 3 potassium's through the day. I guess the thing that concerns me is some
    > of the crew has not been out in
    the
    > heat that much, yours truly included. It looks like only the strong will survive (or those under
    > 40!). It should be an eventful ride. There will
    be
    > about 7 of us total. Safety in numbers I always say. I figure the 9 mi. course will require about
    > a whole camelbak plus a bottle of drink. Cell phone a must. I'll report back.....maybe!
    >
    > Cleanbean still doing it in Texas "Like the song from Buthole Surfers- Pepper"

    Enjoy. I decided not to ride tonight, what with it finally having dropped under 90 degrees.... in
    the shade... at 7pm. 50% humidity. I feel for you.

    Jon Bond

  4. > That sounds truly miserable. I commend you for your dedication to the sport.

    > Matt (feels kind of hot here too - it's 66 F)

    Temp: 91°F, Dew Point: 64°F, Humidity: 43%

    --
    John G. http://www.shavings.net/survival.htm

  5. MTBScottie

    MTBScottie Guest

    "Cleanbean" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > Temp showing 97F outside in the shade. Humidity about 50%. The ride is at the Blora at 6:00 PM.
    > I'm thinking IV of Gatorade directly into the veins. I passed on the coffee this morning for a
    > couple cups of green tea and did it again in the afternoon. I took about 3 potassium's through the
    > day. I guess the thing that concerns me is some of the crew has not been out in the heat that
    > much, yours truly included. It looks like only the strong will survive (or those under 40!). It
    > should be an eventful ride. There will be about 7 of us total. Safety in numbers I always say. I
    > figure the 9 mi. course will require about a whole camelbak plus a bottle of drink. Cell phone a
    > must. I'll report back.....maybe!
    >
    > Cleanbean still doing it in Texas "Like the song from Buthole Surfers- Pepper"

    The funny thing is here, or at least in NY/PA, it has been very hot and humid the past couple of
    days, and even with all the rain we have had, people are complaining about the heat.

  6. Mattb

    Mattb Guest

    At about 10:30 here it's 56 F, 35%, Dew Point:29 Feels nice. I'll just crack the window tonight (35
    F is the predicted low).

    Matt (but it's a bitch in winter)

    > ClydesdaleMTB says:
    >
    > >Temp: 91°F, Dew Point: 64°F, Humidity: 43%
    >
    > 10:00pm-ish Temp 79F, Humidity 68%. It's one of those "weight-loss" nights...
    >
    > Steve

  7. Jason

    Jason Guest

    81 right now 72% humidity. And its 1AM!! I think we hit 97 today... freaking ridiculous. Riding is
    actually HAZARDOUS here. Cool front coming in tomorrow. Oughtta keep it in the low
    80s.

    "Cleanbean" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Temp showing 97F outside in the shade. Humidity about 50%. The ride is
    at
    > the Blora at 6:00 PM. I'm thinking IV of Gatorade directly into the
    veins.
    > I passed on the coffee this morning for a couple cups of green tea and did it again in the
    > afternoon. I took about 3 potassium's through the day. I guess the thing that concerns me is some
    > of the crew has not been out in
    the
    > heat that much, yours truly included. It looks like only the strong will survive (or those under
    > 40!). It should be an eventful ride. There will
    be
    > about 7 of us total. Safety in numbers I always say. I figure the 9 mi. course will require about
    > a whole camelbak plus a bottle of drink. Cell phone a must. I'll report back.....maybe!
    >
    > Cleanbean still doing it in Texas "Like the song from Buthole Surfers- Pepper"

  8. Tlacatecatl

    Tlacatecatl Guest

    On Wed, 25 Jun 2003 21:38:54 -0700, MattB wrote:

    > At about 10:30 here it's 56 F, 35%, Dew Point:29 Feels nice. I'll just crack the window tonight
    > (35 F is the predicted low).

    Here in the Sonoran Desert it got up to 101 F today with 15% RH. Now at midnight it's 82 F
    with 18% RH.

    I rode today from about 4 pm until about 8 pm. It was 100 F and 15% RH when I started, but by 8 pm
    it was down to 93 F and 16% RH.

    Tlacatecatl Tlacaxipe

  9. Jason tp'ed:

    >81 right now 72% humidity. And its 1AM!!

    Sounds familiar. Where ya from. Right now in RI it's 79F, 74% RH. too hazy to have sun yet. An I get
    to sit in a west-facing office with floor-to-ceiling windows and no A/C. It _does_ have a panoramic
    view of Newport harbour, but that only helps when the wind blows.

    Steve

  10. Rich

    Rich Guest

    Cleanbean wrote:
    > Temp showing 97F outside in the shade. Humidity about 50%. The ride is at the Blora at 6:00 PM.
    > I'm thinking IV of Gatorade directly into the veins. I passed on the coffee this morning for a
    > couple cups of green tea and did it again in the afternoon. I took about 3 potassium's through the
    > day. I guess the thing that concerns me is some of the crew has not been out in the heat that
    > much, yours truly included. It looks like only the strong will survive (or those under 40!). It
    > should be an eventful ride. There will be about 7 of us total. Safety in numbers I always say. I
    > figure the 9 mi. course will require about a whole camelbak plus a bottle of drink. Cell phone a
    > must. I'll report back.....maybe!
    >
    > Cleanbean still doing it in Texas "Like the song from Buthole Surfers- Pepper"

    Check out my ride on Tuesday. We were out from 6-10 in the evening.
    http://www.wunderground.com/history/airport/KMSN/2003/6/24/DailyHistory.html

    It sucked but we had to do it, rain in the forcast for the rest of the week.

  11. J'M Sm'Th

    J'M Sm'Th Guest

    Cleanbean wrote:

    > Temp showing 97F outside in the shade. Humidity about 50%. The ride is at the Blora at 6:00 PM.
    > I'm thinking IV of Gatorade directly into the veins. I passed on the coffee this morning for a
    > couple cups of green tea and did it again in the afternoon. I took about 3 potassium's through the
    > day. I guess the thing that concerns me is some of the crew has not been out in the heat that
    > much, yours truly included. It looks like only the strong will survive (or those under 40!). It
    > should be an eventful ride. There will be about 7 of us total. Safety in numbers I always say. I
    > figure the 9 mi. course will require about a whole camelbak plus a bottle of drink. Cell phone a
    > must. I'll report back.....maybe!
    >
    > Cleanbean still doing it in Texas "Like the song from Buthole Surfers- Pepper"

    At 1800 local, temp 92°, dewpoint 74°, HI 103°, not a bad night for a ride, 'round these parts.

    --
    J'm

    To Reply Direct, Remove Clothes. ...-.-

  12. Jason

    Jason Guest

    > Jason tp'ed:
    >
    > >81 right now 72% humidity. And its 1AM!!
    >
    > Sounds familiar. Where ya from. Right now in RI it's 79F, 74% RH. too hazy to have sun yet. An
    > I get to
    sit in
    > a west-facing office with floor-to-ceiling windows and no A/C. It _does_ have a panoramic view of
    > Newport harbour, but that only helps
    when
    > the wind blows.
    >
    > Steve

    Austin TX and we just got a cool front! Hooray BEER! Guess I get to try out my XTR V brakes and XT
    Deralleurs tomorrow!

  13. Trentus

    Trentus Guest

    "Cleanbean" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Temp showing 97F outside in the shade. Humidity about 50%. The ride is
    at
    > the Blora at 6:00 PM. I'm thinking IV of Gatorade directly into the
    veins.
    > I passed on the coffee this morning for a couple cups of green tea and did it again in the
    > afternoon. I took about 3 potassium's through the day. I guess the thing that concerns me is some
    > of the crew has not been out in
    the
    > heat that much, yours truly included. It looks like only the strong will survive (or those under
    > 40!). It should be an eventful ride. There will
    be
    > about 7 of us total. Safety in numbers I always say. I figure the 9 mi. course will require about
    > a whole camelbak plus a bottle of drink. Cell phone a must. I'll report back.....maybe!

    You just live on the wrong end of the planet that's all. I have the electric blanket on, and the
    dooner all fluffed up, the thermal undies on, and the overnight temp will be low enough that any
    water outside will be frozen by the morning (the poor dog will have to CHEW his drink in the
    morning, damn you think coffee's a wake up, try downing icewater first thing on a cold morning)

    Move to Australia during your summer, and then move back before we start to roast around Christmas
    time. (Yes Australia DOES get cold, no we aren't a giant desert with nice hot beaches around the
    perimeter, in fact we even have snowfields, which I live only 1.5 hours from)

    Trentus