    From: [email protected] (S'mee)
    Subject: Brunch Tomorrow
    Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2006 16:27:31 GMT

    My folks are coming tomorrow, so we're doing brunch -- scrambled eggs
    with chunks of link sausage and cheese with Paula Deem's "Praline
    French
    Toast Casserole". I've made this a couple of times and I love it; I
    may try using sourdough this time around:

    Paula Deem's "Praline French Toast Casserole"

    8 eggs (I use 9)
    1-1/2 cups half and half
    1/3 cup maple syrup
    1/3 cup packed light brown sugar
    10 to 12 slices soft bread, 1 inch thick

    Topping:
    1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
    1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
    2/3 cup maple syrup
    2 cups chopped pecans

    Generously butter a 13 x 9 inch casserole dish. Mix the
    eggs, half and half, maple syrup, and sugar in a large bowl.
    Place the bread slices in the prepared casserole dish and
    cover with the egg mixture. Cover with plastic wrap and let
    soak overnight in the refrigerator.

    Preheat the oven to 350º degrees F. Remove the casserole from
    the refrigerator.

    --
    Jani in WA (S'mee)
    ~ mom, Trollop, novice cook ~

    Tags:

  2. I (S'mee) wrote:

    > Hey guys, something is funky with my newsfeed -- I can read the rest of
    > you okay, but it appears that my posts aren't propogating. I'm about to
    > change ISPs anyway, so I'm going to take a break from Usenet for a
    > while. I leave you with a copy of a post that didn't make it -- 'bye
    > all! :)

    <snip>

    That would have been a lot more impressive had I included all of the
    instructions -- sorry! Let's try that recipe again:

    Praline French Toast Casserole - Paula Deem (FoodTV)
    Serves 8

    8 eggs (I use 9)
    1-1/2 cups half and half
    1/3 cup maple syrup
    1/3 cup packed light brown sugar
    10 to 12 slices soft bread, 1 inch thick

    Topping:
    1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
    1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
    2/3 cup maple syrup
    2 cups chopped pecans

    Generously butter a 13 x 9 inch casserole dish. Mix the
    eggs, half and half, maple syrup, and sugar in a large bowl.
    Place the bread slices in the prepared casserole dish and
    cover with the egg mixture. Cover with plastic wrap and let
    soak overnight in the refrigerator.

    Preheat the oven to 350º degrees F. Remove the casserole from
    the refrigerator.

    Topping: Melt the butter in a saucepan. Add the sugar and maple
    syrup and cook for 1 to 2 minutes. Stir in the pecans. Pour the
    mixture over the bread and bake for 45 to 55 minutes. Allow to
    sit for 10 minutes before serving.

    --
    Jani in WA (S'mee)
    ~ mom, Trollop, novice cook ~

  3. Nancy Young

    Nancy Young Guest

    "[email protected] (S'mee)" <[email protected]> wrote

    That would have been a lot more impressive had I included all of the
    instructions -- sorry! Let's try that recipe again:

    Praline French Toast Casserole - Paula Deem (FoodTV)

    **Paula Deem?? (laugh) See you soon!

    **nancy