Good article on Tubular manufacture

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Rik O'Shea, Jun 17, 2005.

  1. Rik O'Shea

    Rik O'Shea Guest

    Tags:

  2. Rik O'Shea <[email protected]> writes:

    > Good article on Tubular manufacture

    http://www.cyclingnews.com/tech.php?id=tech/2005/features/conti_factory

    It's too bad that you cannot see anything in the pictures with this
    article because the making of a tire casing is an interesting process.
    Unfortunately I have no pictures but I have a description of the
    essence of the manufacture:

    http://www.sheldonbrown.com/brandt/making-tubulars.html

    > ...but what are Jobst Brandt's rolling resistance figures from Japan ?

    I don't understand the question. The RR curves are RR curves made at
    a series of inflation pressures.

    http://www.terrymorse.com/bike/rolres.html

    [email protected]

  3. <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:OMDse.1095$p%[email protected]
    > Rik O'Shea <[email protected]> writes:
    >
    >> Good article on Tubular manufacture

    > http://www.cyclingnews.com/tech.php?id=tech/2005/features/conti_factory
    >
    > It's too bad that you cannot see anything in the pictures with this
    > article because the making of a tire casing is an interesting process.
    > Unfortunately I have no pictures but I have a description of the
    > essence of the manufacture:
    >
    > http://www.sheldonbrown.com/brandt/making-tubulars.html
    >
    >> ...but what are Jobst Brandt's rolling resistance figures from Japan ?

    > I don't understand the question. The RR curves are RR curves made at
    > a series of inflation pressures.
    >
    > http://www.terrymorse.com/bike/rolres.html
    >
    > [email protected]

    Interesting, first time I've seen or heard of a tubular dispensing machine.
    http://www.cyclingnews.com/tech.php?id=photos/2005/tech/features/conti_factory/l1000333
    -tom

  4. Tom Nakashima writes:

    >>> Good article on Tubular manufacture

    http://www.cyclingnews.com/tech.php?id=tech/2005/features/conti_factory

    >> It's too bad that you cannot see anything in the pictures with this
    >> article because the making of a tire casing is an interesting
    >> process. Unfortunately I have no pictures but I have a description
    >> of the essence of the manufacture:

    http://www.sheldonbrown.com/brandt/making-tubulars.html

    >>> ...but what are Jobst Brandt's rolling resistance figures from Japan ?

    >> I don't understand the question. The RR curves are RR curves made at
    >> a series of inflation pressures.

    http://www.terrymorse.com/bike/rolres.html

    > Interesting, first time I've seen or heard of a tubular dispensing
    > machine.

    http://www.cyclingnews.com/tech.php?id=photos/2005/tech/features/conti_factory/l1000333

    This is a picture of an inner tube dispenser.

    [email protected]

  5. Rik O'Shea wrote:
    > Good article on Tubular manufacture
    >
    > http://www.cyclingnews.com/tech.php?id=tech/2005/features/conti_factory

    WAS a great article and shows tubie manufacturing and use are alive and
    well despite some that would wish they would go away(not you Jobst, you
    only say the truth about tubies).

    Same for Clement, Vittoria, Hutchison, others.

  6. Mark Janeba

    Mark Janeba Guest