Good Bike Wrench in NYC

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Alan, Sep 13, 2003.

  1. Alan

    Alan Guest

    Can anyone recommend a good bike wrench in NYC. Just moved out here in Brooklyn.

    Is Toga or Larry&Jeffs good. I've heard good/bad things about Bicycle Habitat. I guess it depends
    which guy is working on your bike also.....

    Tags:

  2. Tim McNamara

    Tim McNamara Guest

    In article <[email protected]>, alan
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    > Can anyone recommend a good bike wrench in NYC. Just moved out here in Brooklyn.
    >
    > Is Toga or Larry&Jeffs good. I've heard good/bad things about Bicycle Habitat.

    I've heard good things about Larry & Jeff's.

    > I guess it depends which guy is working on your bike also.....

    True enough in any bike shop.

  3. In article <[email protected]>, Tim McNamara
    <[email protected]> wrote:
    >In article <[email protected]>, alan
    ><[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    >> Can anyone recommend a good bike wrench in NYC. Just moved out here in Brooklyn.
    >>
    >> Is Toga or Larry&Jeffs good. I've heard good/bad things about Bicycle Habitat.
    >
    >I've heard good things about Larry & Jeff's.

    I haven't used them for repairs but I have rented a road bike from them a few times and generally
    found them in terrible repair requiring trips back to the store to make ridable. The last time I
    gave up and returned the bike unused, I called Bicycle Habitat who took a new bike out of a box,
    built it and rented it to me the next day for less money than I was paying before. I thought they
    were OK on the customer service side anyway, haven't had them repair any of my own either. Both
    Bicycle Habitat and Larry and Jeff's have done reasonable work I have inspected on my
    father-in-law's bikes.

    --Paul

  4. endor-<< Can anyone recommend a good bike wrench in NYC. Just moved out here in Brooklyn. >><BR><BR>

    Michael Rodriguez in the Bicycle Station-in the Park Slope area-highly recommended from a woman who
    used to own a shop in Brooklyn, this guy worked for her.

  5. Jobst Brandt

    Jobst Brandt Guest

    Alan Endor writes:

    > Can anyone recommend a good bike wrench in NYC. Just moved out here in Brooklyn.

    http://bikecult.com/

    There's more to it than just a bike shop.

    Jobst Brandt [email protected]