Good bye to sheep

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Anthony, Mar 11, 2004.

  1. Anthony

    Anthony Guest

    Well I've tried diligently to introduce sheep meat to our
    diet - I've made leg of lamb, lamb chops, rack of lamb, lamb
    curry, you name it. But my conclusion is that meat from the
    pig and the cow are easier to prepare and to cook and
    generally give better results. Soooooo................Good
    bye Dolly.
     
    Tags:


  2. Steve Calvin

    Steve Calvin Guest

    Anthony wrote:
    > Well I've tried diligently to introduce sheep meat to our
    > diet - I've made leg of lamb, lamb chops, rack of lamb,
    > lamb curry, you name it. But my conclusion is that meat
    > from the pig and the cow are easier to prepare and to cook
    > and generally give better results.
    > Soooooo................Good bye Dolly.
    >
    >

    Taste better too.. YMMV

    --
    Steve

    Men are from Earth. Women are from Earth. Deal with it.
     
  3. Dave Smith

    Dave Smith Guest

    Anthony wrote:

    > Well I've tried diligently to introduce sheep meat to our
    > diet - I've made leg of lamb, lamb chops, rack of lamb,
    > lamb curry, you name it. But my conclusion is that meat
    > from the pig and the cow are easier to prepare and to cook
    > and generally give better results.
    > Soooooo................Good bye Dolly.

    What have you done wrong? I find lamb no more work to
    prepare than beef or pork and usually get excellent
    results. Leg of lamb is my favourite cut of meat for
    roasting, and I would rather have grilled lamb loin chops
    than a steak any day.
     
  4. Misnomer

    Misnomer Guest

    We learned to cook lamb in highschool. It was very good!
    Little bit of oregano, basil, garlic ...
    mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm..... if it wasn't so expensive up here,
    Calgary, i would cook it. Roast leg of lamb... goodness
    haven't had that since the greek boyfriend .....

    as they say ... eat lamb... 10,000 wolves can't be wrong.

    take care Liz

    Hey! Look what "Anthony" <[email protected]> wrote :

    >Well I've tried diligently to introduce sheep meat to our
    >diet - I've made leg of lamb, lamb chops, rack of lamb,
    >lamb curry, you name it. But my conclusion is that meat
    >from the pig and the cow are easier to prepare and to cook
    >and generally give better results.
    >Soooooo................Good bye Dolly.
     
  5. Kathy

    Kathy Guest

    "Dave Smith" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Anthony wrote:
    >
    > > Well I've tried diligently to introduce sheep meat to
    > > our diet - I've
    made
    > > leg of lamb, lamb chops, rack of lamb, lamb curry, you
    > > name it. But my conclusion is that meat from the pig and
    > > the cow are easier to prepare
    and
    > > to cook and generally give better results.
    > > Soooooo................Good
    bye
    > > Dolly.
    >

    I've been feeling the same way. I always liked lamb but
    hadn't seen any in the stores lately. So I bought some from
    a local organic farmer. It's fatty, tastes unpleasant, and
    stinks up the house when I cook it. But I remember Mom once
    saying that when she was a kid and WWII rationing was going
    on, one of the neighbors used to stink up the whole
    neighborhood cooking mutton. Now I wonder if I bought
    rather elderly lamb and it really makes that much
    difference. Does anyone here know how to tell if what's for
    sale is lamb or mutton?

    Kathy
     
  6. Anthony

    Anthony Guest

    "Dave Smith" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    >
    > What have you done wrong? I find lamb no more work to
    > prepare than beef
    or
    > pork and usually get excellent results. Leg of lamb is my
    > favourite cut
    of
    > meat for roasting, and I would rather have grilled lamb
    > loin chops than a steak any day.
    >
    Just a case of chacun a son gout, I think. From now on I'm
    going to have lamb only at restaurants where I know the chef
    to be reliable. At home, it's gonna be beef and pork.
     
  7. Steve Wertz

    Steve Wertz Guest

    On Wed, 10 Mar 2004 22:35:48 GMT, "Kathy" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Does anyone here know how to tell if what's for sale is
    >lamb or mutton?

    Sheep/Mutton is inedible. You'd know if you got an old lamb.
    It wouldn't be anything like lamb. It's not possible for a
    retailer to sell mutton as lamb.

    -sw
     
  8. Sf

    Sf Guest

    On Wed, 10 Mar 2004 22:35:48 GMT, "Kathy" <[email protected]>
    wrote:

    > "Dave Smith" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > Anthony wrote:
    > >
    > > > Well I've tried diligently to introduce sheep meat to
    > > > our diet

    Be careful... people can actually be allergic to lamb! If
    they aren't allergic, it can be the last red meat that "old
    people" give up.

    > > > - I've made leg of lamb, lamb chops, rack of lamb,
    > > > lamb curry, you name it. But my conclusion is that
    > > > meat from the pig and the cow are easier to
    > > > prepare and to cook and generally give better
    > > > results. Soooooo................Good bye Dolly.
    > >
    >
    > I've been feeling the same way. I always liked lamb but
    > hadn't seen any in the stores lately. So I bought some
    > from a local organic farmer. It's fatty, tastes
    > unpleasant, and stinks up the house when I cook it.

    You're cooking it (fatty meat) with the heat too high,
    that's why it stinks.

    > I remember Mom once saying that when she was a kid and
    > WWII rationing was going on, one of the neighbors used to
    > stink up the whole neighborhood cooking mutton. Now I
    > wonder if I bought rather elderly lamb and it really
    > makes that much difference. Does anyone here know how to
    > tell if what's for sale is lamb or mutton?
    >

    If you're in the US, we have "Truth in Labeling" here. If
    you're not, you're at the whim of your country's laws.

    As far as lamb is concerned, I used to hear that any lamb
    over 6 months had a mutton flavor, then I heard that
    there was a window in the first year where they tasted
    funny... after that they tasted fine. Now, I don't know
    what to believe.

    All I know is that there IS a difference between grass and
    grain fed AND that every New Zealand/Australian lamb I've
    ever tried tasted like mutton... until last year.

    Practice safe eating - always use condiments
     
  9. "Steve Wertz" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:D[email protected]...
    > On Wed, 10 Mar 2004 22:35:48 GMT, "Kathy"
    > <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > >Does anyone here know how to tell if what's for sale is
    > >lamb or mutton?

    Lamb is smaller and lighter in colour. When cooked lamb is
    "sweeter" and less gamey, and more tender than mutton. Lamb
    is good prepared in almost any way including roasting and
    grilling (depending on cut) whereas older beasts are better
    stewed to tenderise them. The strong flavour of older sheep
    meats may require special attention and be less attractive
    to those who are used to more bland meats.
    >
    > Sheep/Mutton is inedible. You'd know if you got an old
    > lamb. It wouldn't be anything like lamb. It's not possible
    > for a retailer to sell mutton as lamb.
    >
    > -sw

    Mutton is not inedible unless you treat it like it was lamb.
    Would you say shin of beef or chuck steak was inedible just
    because it is a little chewy when treated like eye fillet?

    It is quite possible for an unscrupulous retailer to sell,
    or attempt to sell, more aged sheep as lamb. In some places
    lamb meat is marked at the abattoir specifically to try to
    prevent this substiution. However this is generally to
    prevent hogget (which might be called two-tooth) being
    confused with lamb not the older mutton, because as you
    infer mutton is fairly obviously different once you have
    seen them both.

    David
     
  10. On Thu, 11 Mar 2004 07:41:23 GMT, sf wrote:

    > Be careful... people can actually be allergic to lamb! If
    > they aren't allergic, it can be the last red meat that
    > "old people" give up.

    People can be allergic to almost anything. Doh!
    --
    Tim.

    If the human brain were simple enough that we could
    understand it, we would be so simple that we couldn't.
     
  11. stan

    stan Guest

    Anthony <[email protected]> wrote:
    > Well I've tried diligently to introduce sheep meat to our
    > diet - I've made leg of lamb, lamb chops, rack of lamb,
    > lamb curry, you name it. But my conclusion is that meat
    > from the pig and the cow are easier to prepare and to cook
    > and generally give better results.
    > Soooooo................Good bye

    To each his own. I don't see how lamb is any more difficult
    or easier to cook than any other meat. Lamb chops are one of
    my favorites and they are incredibly easy to prepare in a
    variety of different ways. I like to sprinkle Penzy's lamb
    seasoning blend on lamb chops and pop them under a broiler.
    What's difficult about that?
     
  12. stan

    stan Guest

    Anthony <[email protected]> wrote:
    > Well I've tried diligently to introduce sheep meat to our
    > diet - I've made leg of lamb, lamb chops, rack of lamb,
    > lamb curry, you name it. But my conclusion is that meat
    > from the pig and the cow are easier to prepare and to cook
    > and generally give better results.
    > Soooooo................Good bye

    To each his own. I don't see how lamb is any more difficult
    or easier to cook than any other meat. Lamb chops are one of
    my favorites and they are incredibly easy to prepare in a
    variety of different ways. I like to sprinkle Penzy's lamb
    seasoning blend on lamb chops and pop them under a broiler.
    What's difficult about that?
     
  13. Frogleg

    Frogleg Guest

    On Thu, 11 Mar 2004 03:22:32 GMT, MisNomer <[email protected]> wrote:

    >We learned to cook lamb in highschool. It was very good!
    >Little bit of oregano, basil, garlic ...
    >mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm..... if it wasn't so expensive up here,
    >Calgary, i would cook it. Roast leg of lamb... goodness
    >haven't had that since the greek boyfriend .....

    I had a Greek (of Greek descent, that is) friend who said he
    liked beef because it didn't taste like lamb. :)
     
  14. Frogleg

    Frogleg Guest

    On Thu, 11 Mar 2004 03:22:32 GMT, MisNomer <[email protected]> wrote:

    >We learned to cook lamb in highschool. It was very good!
    >Little bit of oregano, basil, garlic ...
    >mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm..... if it wasn't so expensive up here,
    >Calgary, i would cook it. Roast leg of lamb... goodness
    >haven't had that since the greek boyfriend .....

    I had a Greek (of Greek descent, that is) friend who said he
    liked beef because it didn't taste like lamb. :)
     
  15. Darkginger

    Darkginger Guest

    <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Anthony <[email protected]> wrote:
    > > Well I've tried diligently to introduce sheep meat to
    > > our diet - I've
    made
    > > leg of lamb, lamb chops, rack of lamb, lamb curry, you
    > > name it. But my conclusion is that meat from the pig and
    > > the cow are easier to prepare
    and
    > > to cook and generally give better results.
    > > Soooooo................Good
    bye
    >
    > To each his own. I don't see how lamb is any more
    > difficult or easier to cook than any other meat. Lamb
    > chops are one of my favorites and they are incredibly easy
    > to prepare in a variety of different ways. I like to
    sprinkle
    > Penzy's lamb seasoning blend on lamb chops and pop them
    > under a broiler.
    What's
    > difficult about that?

    Nothing at all in my book (apart from getting hold of
    Penzey's spices in Ireland - I sometimes use Schwarz Lamb
    Seasoning mix on a joint or chops). Lamb is one of my
    favourite foods, and living in the west of Ireland, I'm
    surrounded by it - on the hoof and in the shops. Right now
    we're getting the very early spring lambs - so tender they
    melt in the mouth - and nothing strong about the taste at
    all. I've got four lamb shanks sitting in the fridge waiting
    to be braised in some Guinness tomorrow night - but my
    favourite, Greek inspired, way of eating lamb is as follows:

    Get a leg joint, and rub half a garlic clove all over it.
    Sprinkle on some powdered cinnamon, and sit it on top of
    some sprigs of fresh mint in a roasting dish, over which
    you've laid a large piece of foil (big enough to bring up
    and over the lamb, with a seal at the top). Squish a couple
    more garlic cloves, and press on to the outside of the lamb.
    Squeeze the juice of a lemon over, then drizzle on some
    EVOO. Put sprigs of fresh oregano on each side of the joint,
    and pop some on top. Bring the sides of the foil up, and
    turn over a few times to seal (so the meat is totally
    enclosed). Put into a medium oven, and cook until the meat
    is falling off the bone. Then open the foil up, fold it
    back, and return the dish to the oven for a further 20 - 30
    minutes, until the lamb browns nicely. Best eaten with
    freshly made bread, using fingers.

    I like lamb cutlets pink, but there's a lot to be said for
    really well done lamb, too (much more than can be said for
    well done beef, which is an abomination ;)). If I could
    choose only one meat to eat, it'd be lamb - but from what I
    can tell, lamb in the US is a bit different from what I'm
    used to. I like mutton, too, but it's hard to get hold of. I
    think of it as a 'gamey' meat - probably a bit of an
    acquired taste - it stands up to robust sauces very well -
    especially Cumberland sauce, I find.

    Are there any areas of the US where lamb is common? I've got
    the impression from this NG that it's a bit of a rarity
    there, and expensive when you can find it - is this right?

    Jo

    ---
    Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free. Checked by AVG anti-
    virus system (http://www.grisoft.com). Version: 6.0.614 /
    Virus Database: 393 - Release Date: 05/03/04
     
  16. Darkginger

    Darkginger Guest

    <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Anthony <[email protected]> wrote:
    > > Well I've tried diligently to introduce sheep meat to
    > > our diet - I've
    made
    > > leg of lamb, lamb chops, rack of lamb, lamb curry, you
    > > name it. But my conclusion is that meat from the pig and
    > > the cow are easier to prepare
    and
    > > to cook and generally give better results.
    > > Soooooo................Good
    bye
    >
    > To each his own. I don't see how lamb is any more
    > difficult or easier to cook than any other meat. Lamb
    > chops are one of my favorites and they are incredibly easy
    > to prepare in a variety of different ways. I like to
    sprinkle
    > Penzy's lamb seasoning blend on lamb chops and pop them
    > under a broiler.
    What's
    > difficult about that?

    Nothing at all in my book (apart from getting hold of
    Penzey's spices in Ireland - I sometimes use Schwarz Lamb
    Seasoning mix on a joint or chops). Lamb is one of my
    favourite foods, and living in the west of Ireland, I'm
    surrounded by it - on the hoof and in the shops. Right now
    we're getting the very early spring lambs - so tender they
    melt in the mouth - and nothing strong about the taste at
    all. I've got four lamb shanks sitting in the fridge waiting
    to be braised in some Guinness tomorrow night - but my
    favourite, Greek inspired, way of eating lamb is as follows:

    Get a leg joint, and rub half a garlic clove all over it.
    Sprinkle on some powdered cinnamon, and sit it on top of
    some sprigs of fresh mint in a roasting dish, over which
    you've laid a large piece of foil (big enough to bring up
    and over the lamb, with a seal at the top). Squish a couple
    more garlic cloves, and press on to the outside of the lamb.
    Squeeze the juice of a lemon over, then drizzle on some
    EVOO. Put sprigs of fresh oregano on each side of the joint,
    and pop some on top. Bring the sides of the foil up, and
    turn over a few times to seal (so the meat is totally
    enclosed). Put into a medium oven, and cook until the meat
    is falling off the bone. Then open the foil up, fold it
    back, and return the dish to the oven for a further 20 - 30
    minutes, until the lamb browns nicely. Best eaten with
    freshly made bread, using fingers.

    I like lamb cutlets pink, but there's a lot to be said for
    really well done lamb, too (much more than can be said for
    well done beef, which is an abomination ;)). If I could
    choose only one meat to eat, it'd be lamb - but from what I
    can tell, lamb in the US is a bit different from what I'm
    used to. I like mutton, too, but it's hard to get hold of. I
    think of it as a 'gamey' meat - probably a bit of an
    acquired taste - it stands up to robust sauces very well -
    especially Cumberland sauce, I find.

    Are there any areas of the US where lamb is common? I've got
    the impression from this NG that it's a bit of a rarity
    there, and expensive when you can find it - is this right?

    Jo

    ---
    Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free. Checked by AVG anti-
    virus system (http://www.grisoft.com). Version: 6.0.614 /
    Virus Database: 393 - Release Date: 05/03/04
     
  17. "Darkginger" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > Anthony <[email protected]> wrote:
    > > > Well I've tried diligently to introduce sheep meat to
    > > > our diet - I've
    > made
    > > > leg of lamb, lamb chops, rack of lamb, lamb curry, you
    > > > name it. But my conclusion is that meat from the pig
    > > > and the cow are easier to prepare
    > and
    > > > to cook and generally give better results.
    > > > Soooooo................Good
    > bye
    > >
    > > To each his own. I don't see how lamb is any more
    > > difficult or easier to cook than any other meat. Lamb
    > > chops are one of my favorites and they are incredibly
    > > easy to prepare in a variety of different ways. I
    > > like to
    > sprinkle
    > > Penzy's lamb seasoning blend on lamb chops and pop them
    > > under a broiler.
    > What's
    > > difficult about that?
    >
    > Nothing at all in my book (apart from getting hold of
    > Penzey's spices in Ireland - I sometimes use Schwarz Lamb
    > Seasoning mix on a joint or chops). Lamb is one of my
    > favourite foods, and living in the west of Ireland, I'm
    > surrounded by it - on the hoof and in the shops. Right now
    > we're getting the very early spring lambs - so tender they
    > melt in the mouth - and nothing strong about the taste at
    > all. I've got four lamb shanks sitting in the fridge
    > waiting to be braised in some Guinness tomorrow night -
    > but my favourite, Greek inspired, way of eating lamb is as
    > follows:
    >
    > Get a leg joint, and rub half a garlic clove all over it.
    > Sprinkle on some powdered cinnamon, and sit it on top of
    > some sprigs of fresh mint in a roasting dish, over which
    > you've laid a large piece of foil (big enough to bring up
    > and over the lamb, with a seal at the top). Squish a
    > couple more garlic cloves, and press on to the outside of
    > the lamb. Squeeze the juice of a lemon over, then drizzle
    > on some EVOO. Put sprigs of fresh oregano on each side of
    > the joint, and pop some on top. Bring the sides of the
    > foil up, and turn over a few times to seal (so the meat is
    > totally enclosed). Put into a medium oven, and cook until
    > the meat is falling off the bone. Then open the foil up,
    > fold it back, and return the dish to the oven for a
    > further 20 - 30 minutes, until the lamb browns nicely.
    > Best eaten with freshly made bread, using fingers.
    >
    > I like lamb cutlets pink, but there's a lot to be said for
    > really well done lamb, too (much more than can be said for
    > well done beef, which is an abomination ;)). If I could
    > choose only one meat to eat, it'd be lamb - but from what
    > I can tell, lamb in the US is a bit different from what
    > I'm used to. I like mutton, too, but it's hard to get hold
    > of. I think of it as a 'gamey' meat - probably a bit of an
    > acquired taste - it stands up to robust sauces very well -
    > especially Cumberland sauce, I find.
    >
    > Are there any areas of the US where lamb is common? I've
    > got the impression from this NG that it's a bit of a
    > rarity there, and expensive when you can find it - is
    > this right?
    >
    > Jo
    >
    > I'm with you Jo!
    I live in Australia and love lamb as well as other red
    meats. I do agree that lamb in the US of A is different
    because alot of it is imported whereas in Ireland and Oz we
    have it on our doorstep. I'm going to try your recipe of
    lamb in the foil just as soon as I can procure a leg of baa
    lamb. It sounds great. Like a pork roast with the meat
    falling off the bone, sweet and tender. Greek lamb dishes
    are wonderful - now there's a nation that lives off the
    sheep's back! I think your recipe is interesting because it
    uses mint and oregano rather than rosemary which I tend to
    use all the time. I'm visiting the States next month but
    I'll stick to beef and pork! Cheers Bronwyn (not Welsh!!)
     
  18. "Darkginger" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > Anthony <[email protected]> wrote:
    > > > Well I've tried diligently to introduce sheep meat to
    > > > our diet - I've
    > made
    > > > leg of lamb, lamb chops, rack of lamb, lamb curry, you
    > > > name it. But my conclusion is that meat from the pig
    > > > and the cow are easier to prepare
    > and
    > > > to cook and generally give better results.
    > > > Soooooo................Good
    > bye
    > >
    > > To each his own. I don't see how lamb is any more
    > > difficult or easier to cook than any other meat. Lamb
    > > chops are one of my favorites and they are incredibly
    > > easy to prepare in a variety of different ways. I
    > > like to
    > sprinkle
    > > Penzy's lamb seasoning blend on lamb chops and pop them
    > > under a broiler.
    > What's
    > > difficult about that?
    >
    > Nothing at all in my book (apart from getting hold of
    > Penzey's spices in Ireland - I sometimes use Schwarz Lamb
    > Seasoning mix on a joint or chops). Lamb is one of my
    > favourite foods, and living in the west of Ireland, I'm
    > surrounded by it - on the hoof and in the shops. Right now
    > we're getting the very early spring lambs - so tender they
    > melt in the mouth - and nothing strong about the taste at
    > all. I've got four lamb shanks sitting in the fridge
    > waiting to be braised in some Guinness tomorrow night -
    > but my favourite, Greek inspired, way of eating lamb is as
    > follows:
    >
    > Get a leg joint, and rub half a garlic clove all over it.
    > Sprinkle on some powdered cinnamon, and sit it on top of
    > some sprigs of fresh mint in a roasting dish, over which
    > you've laid a large piece of foil (big enough to bring up
    > and over the lamb, with a seal at the top). Squish a
    > couple more garlic cloves, and press on to the outside of
    > the lamb. Squeeze the juice of a lemon over, then drizzle
    > on some EVOO. Put sprigs of fresh oregano on each side of
    > the joint, and pop some on top. Bring the sides of the
    > foil up, and turn over a few times to seal (so the meat is
    > totally enclosed). Put into a medium oven, and cook until
    > the meat is falling off the bone. Then open the foil up,
    > fold it back, and return the dish to the oven for a
    > further 20 - 30 minutes, until the lamb browns nicely.
    > Best eaten with freshly made bread, using fingers.
    >
    > I like lamb cutlets pink, but there's a lot to be said for
    > really well done lamb, too (much more than can be said for
    > well done beef, which is an abomination ;)). If I could
    > choose only one meat to eat, it'd be lamb - but from what
    > I can tell, lamb in the US is a bit different from what
    > I'm used to. I like mutton, too, but it's hard to get hold
    > of. I think of it as a 'gamey' meat - probably a bit of an
    > acquired taste - it stands up to robust sauces very well -
    > especially Cumberland sauce, I find.
    >
    > Are there any areas of the US where lamb is common? I've
    > got the impression from this NG that it's a bit of a
    > rarity there, and expensive when you can find it - is
    > this right?
    >
    > Jo
    >
    > I'm with you Jo!
    I live in Australia and love lamb as well as other red
    meats. I do agree that lamb in the US of A is different
    because alot of it is imported whereas in Ireland and Oz we
    have it on our doorstep. I'm going to try your recipe of
    lamb in the foil just as soon as I can procure a leg of baa
    lamb. It sounds great. Like a pork roast with the meat
    falling off the bone, sweet and tender. Greek lamb dishes
    are wonderful - now there's a nation that lives off the
    sheep's back! I think your recipe is interesting because it
    uses mint and oregano rather than rosemary which I tend to
    use all the time. I'm visiting the States next month but
    I'll stick to beef and pork! Cheers Bronwyn (not Welsh!!)
     
  19. Sf

    Sf Guest

    On Thu, 11 Mar 2004 15:48:22 GMT, Frogleg
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    > On Thu, 11 Mar 2004 03:22:32 GMT, MisNomer
    > <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > >We learned to cook lamb in highschool. It was very good!
    > >Little bit of oregano, basil, garlic ...
    > >mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm..... if it wasn't so expensive up here,
    > >Calgary, i would cook it. Roast leg of lamb... goodness
    > >haven't had that since the greek boyfriend .....
    >
    > I had a Greek (of Greek descent, that is) friend who said
    > he liked beef because it didn't taste like lamb. :)

    That's a good enough reason. Eating would be boring if
    everything tasted the same.

    Practice safe eating - always use condiments
     
  20. Sf

    Sf Guest

    On Thu, 11 Mar 2004 15:48:22 GMT, Frogleg
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    > On Thu, 11 Mar 2004 03:22:32 GMT, MisNomer
    > <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > >We learned to cook lamb in highschool. It was very good!
    > >Little bit of oregano, basil, garlic ...
    > >mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm..... if it wasn't so expensive up here,
    > >Calgary, i would cook it. Roast leg of lamb... goodness
    > >haven't had that since the greek boyfriend .....
    >
    > I had a Greek (of Greek descent, that is) friend who said
    > he liked beef because it didn't taste like lamb. :)

    That's a good enough reason. Eating would be boring if
    everything tasted the same.

    Practice safe eating - always use condiments
     
Loading...