Good cheap wtach?

Discussion in 'Triathlon' started by [email protected], Jul 18, 2004.

  1. Any advice on a cheap water proof watch?

    Thanks in advance

    Tags:

  2. Phil M.

    Phil M. Guest

    One dark day on Usenet, [email protected] said
    news:[email protected]:

    > Any advice on a cheap water proof watch?
    >
    > Thanks in advance

    What do you call cheap? Here's a Timex 8 lap Ironman Triathlon watch for
    $14:

    http://tinyurl.com/6c8jj

    Phil M.

    --
    If you can empty your own boat
    Crossing the river of the world,

  3. >What do you call cheap? Here's a Timex 8 lap Ironman Triathlon watch for
    >$14:
    >
    >http://tinyurl.com/6c8jj

    That's cheap

    Are these cheapies REALLY good at being water proof tho?

    Can i swim with one and not worry abt water getting in?

  4. Kevin

    Kevin Guest

    I bought this one: http://tinyurl.com/452sp about four months ago, and have
    been swimming with it 3 times a week, and still working well. Only a buck
    more.

    Kevin

    <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:eek:[email protected]
    > >What do you call cheap? Here's a Timex 8 lap Ironman Triathlon watch for
    > >$14:
    > >
    > >http://tinyurl.com/6c8jj

    > That's cheap
    >
    > Are these cheapies REALLY good at being water proof tho?
    >
    > Can i swim with one and not worry abt water getting in?

  5. John Hardt

    John Hardt Guest

    I bought one of the basic Timex Ironman watches (8-lap I think) at Walmart
    for about $15. I wear the thing swimming, waterskiing, hiking... generally
    speaking, it has had the crap beaten out of it. It's "still ticking" after
    about 3 years of abuse.

    FWIW, I frequently work with people in the construction industry where
    watches get creamed on a daily basis. Every construction superintendent I
    know wears a Timex Ironman watch. Take that for what it's worth.

    John

    On 7/18/04 2:03 PM, in article [email protected],

    >> What do you call cheap? Here's a Timex 8 lap Ironman Triathlon watch for
    >> $14:
    >>
    >> http://tinyurl.com/6c8jj

    > That's cheap
    >
    > Are these cheapies REALLY good at being water proof tho?
    >
    > Can i swim with one and not worry abt water getting in?

  6. >
    >FWIW, I frequently work with people in the construction industry where
    >watches get creamed on a daily basis. Every construction superintendent I
    >know wears a Timex Ironman watch. Take that for what it's worth.

    Thanks guys!

    That's exactly the info I need!

  7. Eric

    Eric Guest

    I currently have a $50 Timex IM, just has a few more frills than the $14
    ones. The standard Timex-IMs are cheap and last forever.
    news:[email protected]