Good commuting shoe?

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Slider2699

I commute to work 2x/week. It's a pretty long ride(20 miles), mainly suburban/semi-rural, but I do
have several stoplights and intersections to deal with. I have a pair of road shoes, but I don't
feel comfortable with the slick soles while trying to start in traffic. I've been using a pair of
Performance MTB shoes that I've had forever, but they're wearing out and they don't really go with
my roadie look(Fabs is rubbing off on me). I need a shoe that is SPD compatible, has tread on the
bottom(so I can push off while starting), and doesn't look like a MTB shoe. Any suggestions?

Mike

"Slider2699" <[email protected]> wrote in news:p_bAa.127019$N45.2666525 @twister.tampabay.rr.com:
> I need a shoe that is SPD compatible, has tread on the bottom(so I can push off while starting),
> and doesn't look like a MTB shoe. Any suggestions?

Several companies make "touring" shoes that are similar to road shoes. The soles have recessed holes
for SPD cleats. Tread is minimal (no clunky MTB lugs). The Shimano touring shoes are probably
easiest to find.

I use the SIDI Rampa MTB shoe with spd cleats and shimano mtb pedals. Great shoe, stiff sole,
comfortable, inexpensive as far as SIDI's go, and you can walk around in them.

"Slider2699" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:p[email protected]...
> I commute to work 2x/week. It's a pretty long ride(20 miles), mainly suburban/semi-rural, but I do
> have several stoplights and intersections
to
> deal with. I have a pair of road shoes, but I don't feel comfortable with the slick soles while
> trying to start in traffic. I've been using a pair
of
> Performance MTB shoes that I've had forever, but they're wearing out and they don't really go with
> my roadie look(Fabs is rubbing off on me). I
need
> a shoe that is SPD compatible, has tread on the bottom(so I can push off while starting), and
> doesn't look like a MTB shoe. Any suggestions?
>
> Mike

"Slider2699" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:p[email protected]...
> I need a shoe that is SPD compatible, has tread on the bottom(so I can push off while starting),
> and doesn't look like a MTB shoe. Any suggestions?

Sidi & Northwave both make "roadie-looking" MTB shoes

Mon, 26 May 2003 20:33:58 GMT, <WSuAa.120036$rt6.39482@sccrnsc02>, "Peter Cole"
<[email protected]> wrote:

>"Slider2699" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>news:p[email protected]...
>> I need a shoe that is SPD compatible, has tread on the bottom(so I can push off while starting),
>> and doesn't look like a MTB shoe. Any suggestions?
>
>Sidi & Northwave both make "roadie-looking" MTB shoes
>
As do Duegi and Carnac.
--
zk

Status
Not open for further replies.