good cordless computer?

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by raynim, Aug 18, 2005.

1. raynim

raynim New Member

Is there a good cordless bike computer out there? One that is just a computer wi/ speed, odometer, etc., NOT a full blown HRM deluxe. One that is as reliable as the higher end polar monitors with computer?

Thanks,
    Ray

Tags:

2. fish156

fish156 New Member

3. mtnbiker371

mtnbiker371 New Member

I have the wireless Cat Eye cadence system. It does WAY more than I need it too, but it is very accurate and reliable.

4. PeterF

PeterF New Member

I have the full blown Polar HRM (725) and I must say it's outstanding. I Used to use a Sigma. They make a nice wireless rig that's pretty inexepensive.

5. Doctor Morbius

Doctor Morbius New Member

I just bought a couple of these so I could view average speed while doing time trials without having to push any buttons.

http://www.nashbar.com/profile.cfm?...and=&sku=12195&storetype=&estoreid=&pagename=

These are the same thing with different names:

http://www.supergo.com/profile.cfm?LPROD_ID=25773&lsubcat_id=1512&lcat_id=7608&referpage=
    http://www.performancebike.com/shop/profile.cfm?SKU=17167&subcategory_ID=4110

6. txags92

txags92 New Member

I have the Cat Eye with cadence, but it wasn't cheap. My wife has the Cat Eye MicroWireless and I think it was $30 or so. It seems to work well for her, although we haven't had it long enough to tell you about long term durability.

7. raynim

raynim New Member

Thanks for all the suggestions. Now I have a little shopping to do. I had heard that most wireless comps were crap, but that doesn't seem to be totally true.

I just can't help but love the cleanness of wireless.

Thanks,
    Ray

8. 2boysintow

2boysintow New Member

I have spent thousands on bike computers and spent countless hours fiddling with crap.... the best, cheapest in terms of value, easiest to use, and simple to install computer is the Cateye Micro. I now have 4 of them. I buy them on eBay for under $30. I have used the Astrale with cadence with no problems either. But the wireless Micro is perfect. Easy to read.. need I continue?

I've used vetta, older cateyes, sigma, supergo named stuff, specialized - various versions, trek various versions, three Polar products... I think I've covered most of the majors......