Good Customer Service - Veltec (Sidi Shoes)

Discussion in 'Recumbent bicycles' started by Steve Christens, May 5, 2003.

  1. We always seem to bitch on the newsgroup when we get bad service, so I thought I would comment on
    some good service I just received.

    The buckle on my $190 Sidi Dominators kept coming loose, and I tried to glue the screw in with a bit
    of Loctite. Bad move! An couple of hours later the buckle broke about 20 miles from home. I was able
    to make it back wraping the shoe with an orthopaedic knee strap I had with me, or it would have been
    a very long walk.

    This morning I called Veltec Sports, the distributor for Sidi, and mentioned I had a buckle break on
    me. The first thing the guy asked me was had I used Loctite? Gee, how did you know? Turns out the
    solvent in Loctite weakens the plastic of the buckle, and is a no-no. But no problem, they'll get me
    a new set in the mail right away.

    So it was my fault, but they'll make it good. Fairly classy.

    Steve Christensen Midland, MI

    Tags:

  2. Tom Sherman

    Tom Sherman Guest

    Steve Christensen wrote:
    > ... The buckle on my $190 Sidi Dominators kept coming loose, and I tried to glue the screw in with
    > a bit of Loctite. Bad move! An couple of hours later the buckle broke about 20 miles from home. I
    > was able to make it back wraping the shoe with an orthopaedic knee strap I had with me, or it
    > would have been a very long walk....

    A well prepared rider always has a roll of either electrical or duct tape with him/her. I have made
    temporary repairs on other people bikes on several occasions using electrical tape. None of them
    criticized me for carrying too much stuff afterwards. ;)

  3. bentcruiser

    bentcruiser New Member

    Joined:
    Apr 18, 2003
    Very, very good.

    I think that rates beyond fairly classy. Kind of reminds me of an incident with BikeE. I had bought and tried an Airfree tire that c9ompletely destroyed the rear wheel (not my words, BikeE's). But even though it was my fault, they replaced the rear wheel at no cost.

    Despite what some might think of BikeE or their product, they gave me a completely new wheel with a 3x7 hub for nothing that was their doing.

    I am glad to know about Sidi. I was contemplating a new pair of shoes. Looks like I know what to look for.

    Derek