Good deal for KitchenAid

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by FDR, Dec 8, 2005.

  1. FDR

    FDR Guest

    I finally broke down and bought a KitchenAid stand mixer, model 600. I got
    a 20% coupon for a single item in the mail from Bed Bath and Beyond. I used
    it against the 369 mixer, so that was over $70 off. Then KitchenAid has a
    mail in rebate for $50. So over $120 off a $369 mixer was about $249. Nice
    deal I think if you are in need of a mixer.

    Tags:

  2. Miernik

    Miernik Guest

    FDR <[email protected]> wrote:
    > I finally broke down and bought a KitchenAid stand mixer, model 600. I got
    > a 20% coupon for a single item in the mail from Bed Bath and Beyond. I used
    > it against the 369 mixer, so that was over $70 off. Then KitchenAid has a
    > mail in rebate for $50. So over $120 off a $369 mixer was about $249. Nice
    > deal I think if you are in need of a mixer.

    Over here (eastern europe) for 249$ equivalent you can buy a
    refridgerator or washing machine. For a mixer I'd rather expect to pay
    something between $50 and $100. Quite strange such uncomplicated tool as
    mixer costs so much on the other side of the pond.

    --
    Miernik _________________________ xmpp:[email protected]
    ___________________/_______________________/ mailto:[email protected]

  3. On Thu 08 Dec 2005 10:32:10p, Thus Spake Zarathustra, or was it Miernik?

    > FDR <[email protected]> wrote:
    >> I finally broke down and bought a KitchenAid stand mixer, model 600. I
    >> got a 20% coupon for a single item in the mail from Bed Bath and
    >> Beyond. I used it against the 369 mixer, so that was over $70 off.
    >> Then KitchenAid has a mail in rebate for $50. So over $120 off a $369
    >> mixer was about $249. Nice deal I think if you are in need of a mixer.

    > Over here (eastern europe) for 249$ equivalent you can buy a
    > refridgerator or washing machine. For a mixer I'd rather expect to pay
    > something between $50 and $100. Quite strange such uncomplicated tool as
    > mixer costs so much on the other side of the pond.

    How does your average income compare to that of someone in the US? I suspect
    in many cases that we can more easily afford the $249 than you can afford the
    $50 for the same product.

    --
    Wayne Boatwright *¿*

  4. nancy a

    nancy a Guest

    i posted somewhere else about a good offer on the kitchenaid.
    www.buykitchenaid.com; i saw it on a tv spot on Food TV. Ordered and
    am loving it now.

  5. me

    me Guest

    In article
    <[email protected]>,
    Miernik <[email protected]> wrote:

    > FDR <[email protected]> wrote:
    > > I finally broke down and bought a KitchenAid stand mixer, model 600. I got
    > > a 20% coupon for a single item in the mail from Bed Bath and Beyond. I
    > > used
    > > it against the 369 mixer, so that was over $70 off. Then KitchenAid has a
    > > mail in rebate for $50. So over $120 off a $369 mixer was about $249.
    > > Nice
    > > deal I think if you are in need of a mixer.

    > Over here (eastern europe) for 249$ equivalent you can buy a
    > refridgerator or washing machine. For a mixer I'd rather expect to pay
    > something between $50 and $100. Quite strange such uncomplicated tool as
    > mixer costs so much on the other side of the pond.

    You can spend that little money on a major appliance in the U.S.,
    too, but it will be a featureless piece of junk.

    KitchenAid's mixers, at least at one time (and, for the
    higher-priced ones, maybe still) are related to the commercial
    (bakery-quality) mixers sold by Hobart. So they have no problem
    handling stiff doughs, etc. -- the kinds of doughs that would cause
    smoke to come from most cheaper mixers.

    There's no doubt KitchenAid capitalizes on their reputation, so the
    mixer costs a bit more. And it's possible that the $369 price is the
    "suggested" price, which, in the U.S., is a somewhat fictional price
    that hardly anyone pays.

    All that said, FDR did some good shopping and has a really nice
    mixer. I don't think there's anything unusual about spending that
    kind of money for a high-quality mixer.

    sd

  6. Sheldon

    Sheldon Guest

    FDR wrote:
    > I finally broke down and bought a KitchenAid stand mixer, model 600. I got
    > a 20% coupon for a single item in the mail from Bed Bath and Beyond. I used
    > it against the 369 mixer, so that was over $70 off. Then KitchenAid has a
    > mail in rebate for $50. So over $120 off a $369 mixer was about $249. Nice
    > deal I think if you are in need of a mixer.

    There is no Model 600, that's the Series.

    Kitchen Aid stand mixers have come down in price substantially in the
    last two years. The 600 series is available in many models (you don't
    say which model), and there are wonderful sales on reconditioned
    units... so who knows if you really found such a great bargain (yours
    can be last year's model), especially since you can't point us to a web
    site to prove up your claim... unless you can show where others can
    duplicate your claim then your post is worthless, because without
    having to prove-it, as is too often the case, anyone can flap their
    gums.

    A quick search brought up this:

    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...0249-3828653?_encoding=UTF8&v=glance&n=284507

    http://tinyurl.com/74vap

    Sheldon

  7. kevnbro

    kevnbro Guest

    >... unless you can show where others can duplicate your claim then your post is worthless, because without having to prove-it, as is too often the case, anyone can flap their gums.

    Are you always this pleasant Sheldon or are you just in the "Holiday
    Spirit?" Kev

  8. Miernik

    Miernik Guest

    Wayne Boatwright <[email protected]> wrote:
    > How does your average income compare to that of someone in the US? I
    > suspect in many cases that we can more easily afford the $249 than you
    > can afford the $50 for the same product.

    Average monthly income here 720 USD. Althrough most people earn less
    than that, probably most people earn around 400 USD.

    But what I was thinking about is that for example electronics is a lot
    cheaper in US than over here, so it pays for me to buy much of computer
    stuff on eBay from USA even if I have to pay shipping overseas.

    So it looks like we can buy much more mixers for one computer than you.
    A simple, cheapest electric kettle from China in a big supermarket costs
    around 15 USD here.

    --
    Miernik _________________________ xmpp:[email protected]
    ___________________/_______________________/ mailto:[email protected]
    Protect Europe from a legal disaster. Petition against software patents
    http://www.noepatents.org/index_html?LANG=en

  9. ewdotson

    ewdotson Guest

    Sheldon wrote:
    > FDR wrote:
    > > I finally broke down and bought a KitchenAid stand mixer, model 600. I got
    > > a 20% coupon for a single item in the mail from Bed Bath and Beyond. I used
    > > it against the 369 mixer, so that was over $70 off. Then KitchenAid has a
    > > mail in rebate for $50. So over $120 off a $369 mixer was about $249. Nice
    > > deal I think if you are in need of a mixer.

    > There is no Model 600, that's the Series.
    >
    > Kitchen Aid stand mixers have come down in price substantially in the
    > last two years. The 600 series is available in many models (you don't
    > say which model), and there are wonderful sales on reconditioned
    > units... so who knows if you really found such a great bargain (yours
    > can be last year's model), especially since you can't point us to a web
    > site to prove up your claim... unless you can show where others can
    > duplicate your claim then your post is worthless, because without
    > having to prove-it, as is too often the case, anyone can flap their
    > gums.
    >
    > A quick search brought up this:
    >
    > http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...0249-3828653?_encoding=UTF8&v=glance&n=284507
    >
    > http://tinyurl.com/74vap

    Well, I'm not the original poster, but have been seriously considering
    treating myself to a new mixer and have been looking at the same deal
    he used. Presumably, the original poster bought his new mixer at the
    store (where I'd be looking to buy mine), but a quick web search turns
    up:

    http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/product.asp?order_num=-1&SKU=106192

    as the mixer. I don't see it on the web site, but as I was in the
    store looking at it myself a few days ago, I can verify that it is the
    version with all metal contruction.

    The rebate on the mixer can be found in your first link. (It's a
    manufacturer's rebate and available on the purchase from BB&B. And
    again, while I don't see it on the web site I linked, my local store at
    least had the rebate advertised.) And 20% off a single item coupons
    are easy enough to come by from BB&B. There's no link I can give you,
    but sign up, and they'll be happy to send you one a month. Heck, if
    you have a local BB&B, you may get them sent to you even if you don't
    sign up to receive them.

    --
    Ernest