good deed for the week

flyingdutch

Guest
Met with Mary (BV) and Paddy (not the mad bomber. Boroondara council) at
Chandler/Kew boulevard intersection this morning

Discussed installation of new 'pram' ramp leading onto the 'Goat-track'
and also a totally new path from the GuideDogs carpark down to the Yarra
Trail below

Special commendation goes to DaveLeong of BBUG for doing all the
lobbying/legwork so I could represent the BBUG and put in my
2cents worth

Slicker-slicks on the mtb comin up now that I wont have to do the 200m
off-raod anymore:D :D :D

The TdS is gonna smoke;)

--

"flyingdutch" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Met with Mary (BV) and Paddy (not the mad bomber. Boroondara council) at
> Chandler/Kew boulevard intersection this morning
>
> Discussed installation of new 'pram' ramp leading onto the 'Goat-track'

Are you talking about the path from below the bridge to the Yarrah Boulevard
that comes up on the city side of the Chandler Hwy??

That is about the most exciting part of my ride home (was better before they
actually put in the "path")......there is something extremely satisfying
about coming up that bit of the path in the granny ring early in the morning
(about 0630h), hitting the footpath at a walking pace, and then blowing away
a roadie or two between there and the top of the hill........whahaahahah
(maniacal laughter).

Ride On,

Gags

Gags wrote:
> Are you talking about the path from below the bridge to the Yarrah
> Boulevard that comes up on the city side of the Chandler Hwy??
> That is about the most exciting part of my ride home (was better before
> they actually put in the "path")......there is something extremely
> satisfying about coming up that bit of the path in the granny ring early
> in the morning (about 0630h), hitting the footpath at a walking pace,
> and then blowing away a roadie or two between there and the top of the
> hill........whahaahahah (maniacal laughter).
> Ride On,
> Gags

Yep. 'The Goat-track' !

Love going up it (as long as its dry. do imitations of rodent-in-wheel
otherwise on my slicks)

Boy do them roadies think they are serious bears or what. Lerv pissin em
off by passing on the footpath on the way up to the pipe-bridge and
watching them react and try and grind back past you, all the while
making sure they dont look like they are trying:D

The longterm plan by council/parksVic is to keep the path riverside all
the way to the pipeline bridge. but until then...