Good fit over glasses fo cycling?

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by john63401, Jun 2, 2003.

  1. john63401

    john63401 Guest

    Does there exist any good "fit over" glasses for cycling?

    These are sunglasses that fit over reg prescription eye glasses.

    Thanks in advance

    Tags:

  2. Dashi Toshii

    Dashi Toshii Guest

    LASIK

    Dashi

    > Does there exist any good "fit over" glasses for cycling?
    >
    > These are sunglasses that fit over reg prescription eye glasses.
    >
    > Thanks in advance

  3. john63401

    john63401 Guest

    >LASIK

    Looking in to that....

    But need something in the interim

  4. Ns>

    Ns> Guest

    Have you tried the "clip-ons"? They are fold down over the lenses type. I wear glasses and contacts
    (but not together). I find I can read with the glasses but I can see much further with my contacts.
    I use the contacts to ride with and use a regular cheapy pair of shades...

    That is other than the prescription sunglasses thing...

    My2c, NS

  5. Gmaker

    Gmaker Guest

    [email protected] wrote:

    > Does there exist any good "fit over" glasses for cycling?
    >
    > These are sunglasses that fit over reg prescription eye glasses.
    >
    > Thanks in advance

    A number of manufacturers make frames with really strong tiny magnets near the hinge. These mate
    with similar magnets on the clipons. The main frame and the clipon lens holder parts are identical.
    You just put them near each other and they suck on and are very closely fitted. The clipon frame
    disappears as it is the same (thin) shape as the main frames. Mine are "Optique Line 51-20
    convertibles 9102". Ti material, be prepared for US$500.

  6. G.Daniels

    G.Daniels Guest

    there's a sunglass manufacturer in Maryland or Pennsylavania- in Emigsville selling to Walmart. The
    sunglasses hold over your frames nosepiece and are thereon loop taped with magic tape. The plastics
    are fairly distortion free, durable and drumroll please have wind wings eliminating reflections from
    the rear. Mailorder os OK and get a couple browns for the fog.

    On Tue, 03 Jun 2003 07:41:17 GMT, Gmaker <[email protected]> wrote:

    >A number of manufacturers make frames with really strong tiny magnets near the hinge. These mate
    >with similar magnets on the clipons. The main frame and the clipon lens holder parts are identical.
    >You just put them near each other and they suck on and are very closely fitted. The clipon frame
    >disappears as it is the same (thin) shape as the main frames. Mine are "Optique Line 51-20
    >convertibles 9102". Ti material, be prepared for US$500.

    Much cheaper at Sears Optical if you are in the States.

    --
    Nobody but a fool goes into a federal counterrorism operation without duct tape - Richard Preston,
    THE COBRA EVENT.

  8. Finding standard contact lenses too tedious for daily wear (all those cleaning solutions, etc.),
    not to mention their associated eye-health concerns, but needing too strong a correction (-9.5) for
    most rx inserts, I use "single-use" contacts and regular sunglasses. The single use contacts cost
    about $2 the pair; I only use one or two pairs a week (for casual riding I wear my regular
    glasses). Single use lenses are very light and thin (they don't have to survive repeated handling);
    I found them much more comfortable than regular ones. Caveat: if you have bad astigmatism, contacts
    are not for you.