Recumbent bicycles · Public discussion

Good Grief!! Performance Bikes is slowwww

Started by Michael Pearlma · · Last activity · 4 posts · 835 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Recumbent bicycles
Published
10 May 2003
Last activity
12 May 2003
Original author
Michael Pearlma
Posts
4
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
835
Views / 30 days
14

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–4 of 4
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. My latest is that Performance told me on a phone order that they had changed

    Quoted message said:

    warehouses and as a result normal shipping would take 10-15 days vice the usual 4-5 days. (And
    it hasn't arrived yet, 9 days later.) Of course if I wanted to pay more I could get it earlier.
    My irate email to their service folks went unanswered. Might be a long while before I order
    there again.

    They told me the shipping was slow because of software problems (inet order). My email always got
    the same generic response, telling me to include my name/address (even after I included it in ever
    email after that)... I got my 2-day order in 6 days. I won't order from them again.

  2. "Michael Pearlman" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    My latest is that Performance told me on a phone order that they had


    changed

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    warehouses and as a result normal shipping would take 10-15 days vice


    the usual

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    4-5 days. (And it hasn't arrived yet, 9 days later.) Of course if I


    wanted to

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    pay more I could get it earlier. My irate email to their service folks


    went

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    unanswered. Might be a long while before I order there again.

    They told me the shipping was slow because of software problems (inet order). My email always got
    the same generic response, telling me to include my name/address (even after I included it in ever
    email after that)... I got my 2-day order in 6 days. I won't order from them again.

    I'm surprised to hear that. I've ordered from Performance for years and I've never had a late order.
    I'm a Team Performance member and the shipments are always here in two days.

  3. [email hidden] (Michael Pearlman) wrote in message
    news:<[email hidden]>...

    Quoted message said:

    My latest is that Performance told me on a phone order that they had changed

    Quoted message said:

    warehouses and as a result normal shipping would take 10-15 days vice the usual 4-5 days. (And
    it hasn't arrived yet, 9 days later.) Of course if I wanted to pay more I could get it earlier.
    My irate email to their service folks went unanswered. Might be a long while before I order
    there again.

    They told me the shipping was slow because of software problems (inet order). My email always got
    the same generic response, telling me to include my name/address (even after I included it in ever
    email after that)... I got my 2-day order in 6 days. I won't order from them again.

    While I dont want to say that I will "never" deal with the larger on line discounters, I have become
    convinced that the lowest price that they provide is not always, and in many instances, is not the
    best value, be it bicycle components or digital cameras.

    Today I purchased a digital camera from a local mom and pop camera store. The price without hagling
    was the same as I could get from most of the more reputable on line vendors and yes I did check.
    However the degree of service and instruction that I received was way beyond what I would ever think
    to get from one of the lowest cost vendors. In short I received a much better value from a local
    business, not to mention that the dollars that I spent remain, for the most part, in my community.

    During the same week I also purchased a new set of cranks from Zach Kaplan for what I would guess to
    be about the same or even perhaps a lower price than what I could have from the mega discounters out
    there, had I even been able to locate a set of 165 cranks from them. In addition to the cranks, I
    also received valuable information from Zach that helped me determine why my knees were bothering me
    and hopefully will keep me on the road and riding.

    Again, I won't ever say never, but I will say that whenever possible, smaller specialty retailers
    that provide greater service and ultimately greater value than the larger discounters is where my
    business will be directed.

    Pat Mc

  4. Michael:

    I'm having a problem with my latest Performance order too. I got the 2 day delivery and that was 5
    days ago. No email confirmation either, so I'm a bit worried. May have to give them a call.

    --Scott

    (Michael Pearlman) said:

    My latest is that Performance told me on a phone order that they had changed

    Quoted message said:

    warehouses and as a result normal shipping would take 10-15 days vice the usual 4-5 days. (And
    it hasn't arrived yet, 9 days later.) Of course if I wanted to pay more I could get it earlier.
    My irate email to their service folks went unanswered. Might be a long while before I order
    there again.

    They told me the shipping was slow because of software problems (inet order). My email always got
    the same generic response, telling me to include my name/address (even after I included it in ever
    email after that)... I got my 2-day order in 6 days. I won't order from them again.

    --Scott [email hidden]

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.