Good Grief!! Performance Bikes is slowwww

Michael Pearlma

Guest
My latest is that Performance told me on a phone order that they had changed
> warehouses and as a result normal shipping would take 10-15 days vice the usual 4-5 days. (And
> it hasn't arrived yet, 9 days later.) Of course if I wanted to pay more I could get it earlier.
> My irate email to their service folks went unanswered. Might be a long while before I order
> there again.

They told me the shipping was slow because of software problems (inet order). My email always got
the same generic response, telling me to include my name/address (even after I included it in ever
email after that)... I got my 2-day order in 6 days. I won't order from them again.

"Michael Pearlman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> My latest is that Performance told me on a phone order that they had
changed
> > warehouses and as a result normal shipping would take 10-15 days vice
the usual
> > 4-5 days. (And it hasn't arrived yet, 9 days later.) Of course if I
wanted to
> > pay more I could get it earlier. My irate email to their service folks
went
> > unanswered. Might be a long while before I order there again.
>
> They told me the shipping was slow because of software problems (inet order). My email always got
> the same generic response, telling me to include my name/address (even after I included it in ever
> email after that)... I got my 2-day order in 6 days. I won't order from them again.

I'm surprised to hear that. I've ordered from Performance for years and I've never had a late order.
I'm a Team Performance member and the shipments are always here in two days.

[email protected] (Michael Pearlman) wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> My latest is that Performance told me on a phone order that they had changed
> > warehouses and as a result normal shipping would take 10-15 days vice the usual 4-5 days. (And
> > it hasn't arrived yet, 9 days later.) Of course if I wanted to pay more I could get it earlier.
> > My irate email to their service folks went unanswered. Might be a long while before I order
> > there again.
>
> They told me the shipping was slow because of software problems (inet order). My email always got
> the same generic response, telling me to include my name/address (even after I included it in ever
> email after that)... I got my 2-day order in 6 days. I won't order from them again.

While I dont want to say that I will "never" deal with the larger on line discounters, I have become
convinced that the lowest price that they provide is not always, and in many instances, is not the
best value, be it bicycle components or digital cameras.

Today I purchased a digital camera from a local mom and pop camera store. The price without hagling
was the same as I could get from most of the more reputable on line vendors and yes I did check.
However the degree of service and instruction that I received was way beyond what I would ever think
to get from one of the lowest cost vendors. In short I received a much better value from a local
business, not to mention that the dollars that I spent remain, for the most part, in my community.

During the same week I also purchased a new set of cranks from Zach Kaplan for what I would guess to
be about the same or even perhaps a lower price than what I could have from the mega discounters out
there, had I even been able to locate a set of 165 cranks from them. In addition to the cranks, I
also received valuable information from Zach that helped me determine why my knees were bothering me
and hopefully will keep me on the road and riding.

Again, I won't ever say never, but I will say that whenever possible, smaller specialty retailers
that provide greater service and ultimately greater value than the larger discounters is where my
business will be directed.

Pat Mc

Michael:

I'm having a problem with my latest Performance order too. I got the 2 day delivery and that was 5
days ago. No email confirmation either, so I'm a bit worried. May have to give them a call.

--Scott

On 9 May 2003 15:29:51 -0700, [email protected] (Michael Pearlman) wrote:

>My latest is that Performance told me on a phone order that they had changed
>> warehouses and as a result normal shipping would take 10-15 days vice the usual 4-5 days. (And
>> it hasn't arrived yet, 9 days later.) Of course if I wanted to pay more I could get it earlier.
>> My irate email to their service folks went unanswered. Might be a long while before I order
>> there again.
>
>They told me the shipping was slow because of software problems (inet order). My email always got
>the same generic response, telling me to include my name/address (even after I included it in ever
>email after that)... I got my 2-day order in 6 days. I won't order from them again.

--Scott [email protected]