Good Julich Article

> With a refreshingly honest self-appraisal from Julich.
>
> http://www.eurosport.com/home/pages/v4/l0/s18/e9381/sport_lng0_spo18_evt9381_sto697216.shtml

This is a really unfair assessment of Bobby. He is right that his confidence
sucks, and more importantly everyone is treating his performance as if he
peaked at Paris-Nice.

We're going to see a far different Bobby this year than any previous year.
Riis is a good manager and has somehow cracked the code for making ALL of
his riders feel good and confident.

>> With a refreshingly honest self-appraisal from Julich.
>>
>> http://www.eurosport.com/home/pages/v4/l0/s18/e9381/sport_lng0_spo18_evt9381_sto697216.shtml

> This is a really unfair assessment of Bobby. He is right that his
> confidence sucks, and more importantly everyone is treating his
> performance as if he peaked at Paris-Nice.
>
> We're going to see a far different Bobby this year than any previous year.
> Riis is a good manager and has somehow cracked the code for making ALL of
> his riders feel good and confident.

Code? What code is that?

>From what I hear, the 'code' is a really good combo of performance
enhancers...

> >From what I hear, the 'code' is a really good combo of performance

> enhancers...

Obviously. What was Riis's red blood count after he won his tour de
france? Wasn't it off the scale?

The article mentions that LA and Bobby Julich were team mates at
Motorola but somehow overlooks the facts that they both went to Cofidis
for the 1997 season. Guimard hired every (just about) decent American
for his then new team. Andreu, Livingston, Julich and Armstrong were
all brought over. Guimard was fired before the first season got rolling
and his replacements are the folks that "screwed" LA while he was ill.
If anyone wants to know what LA has against BJ, it may be (though I
never heard anyone say this) that BJ was racing in Lance's place as
Cofidis GC leader when the others all had come back to The US(PS team)
for 1998.

Callistus Valerius wrote:
> > >From what I hear, the 'code' is a really good combo of performance

> > enhancers...

> Obviously. What was Riis's red blood count after he won his tour

de
> france? Wasn't it off the scale?

it was 100%

amit wrote:

performance
> > > enhancers...

> > Obviously. What was Riis's red blood count after he won his

tour
> de
> > france? Wasn't it off the scale?

> it was 100%

I don't think he's connected to royalty so the blood would definitely
be red, not blue anyway.
Bill C