Good Julich Article

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by B. Lafferty, Mar 14, 2005.

  1. Tom Kunich

    Tom Kunich Guest

    > With a refreshingly honest self-appraisal from Julich.
    >
    > http://www.eurosport.com/home/pages/v4/l0/s18/e9381/sport_lng0_spo18_evt9381_sto697216.shtml

    This is a really unfair assessment of Bobby. He is right that his confidence
    sucks, and more importantly everyone is treating his performance as if he
    peaked at Paris-Nice.

    We're going to see a far different Bobby this year than any previous year.
    Riis is a good manager and has somehow cracked the code for making ALL of
    his riders feel good and confident.

  2. B. Lafferty

    B. Lafferty Guest

    > news:[email protected]
    >> With a refreshingly honest self-appraisal from Julich.
    >>
    >> http://www.eurosport.com/home/pages/v4/l0/s18/e9381/sport_lng0_spo18_evt9381_sto697216.shtml

    > This is a really unfair assessment of Bobby. He is right that his
    > confidence sucks, and more importantly everyone is treating his
    > performance as if he peaked at Paris-Nice.
    >
    > We're going to see a far different Bobby this year than any previous year.
    > Riis is a good manager and has somehow cracked the code for making ALL of
    > his riders feel good and confident.

    Code? What code is that?

  3. >From what I hear, the 'code' is a really good combo of performance
    enhancers...

  4. > >From what I hear, the 'code' is a really good combo of performance

    > enhancers...

    Obviously. What was Riis's red blood count after he won his tour de
    france? Wasn't it off the scale?

  5. Chris M

    Chris M Guest

    The article mentions that LA and Bobby Julich were team mates at
    Motorola but somehow overlooks the facts that they both went to Cofidis
    for the 1997 season. Guimard hired every (just about) decent American
    for his then new team. Andreu, Livingston, Julich and Armstrong were
    all brought over. Guimard was fired before the first season got rolling
    and his replacements are the folks that "screwed" LA while he was ill.
    If anyone wants to know what LA has against BJ, it may be (though I
    never heard anyone say this) that BJ was racing in Lance's place as
    Cofidis GC leader when the others all had come back to The US(PS team)
    for 1998.

  6. amit

    amit Guest

    Callistus Valerius wrote:
    > > >From what I hear, the 'code' is a really good combo of performance

    > > enhancers...

    > Obviously. What was Riis's red blood count after he won his tour

    de
    > france? Wasn't it off the scale?

    it was 100%

  7. Bill C

    Bill C Guest

    amit wrote:

    performance
    > > > enhancers...

    > > Obviously. What was Riis's red blood count after he won his

    tour
    > de
    > > france? Wasn't it off the scale?

    > it was 100%

    I don't think he's connected to royalty so the blood would definitely
    be red, not blue anyway.
    Bill C

  8. Bill C

    Bill C Guest