Good luck Marko!

Discussion in 'General Fitness' started by [email protected], Apr 7, 2006.

  1. Best of luck for Paris on Sunday!

    I hope that you have favourable weather and a great day!

    Looking forward to seeing the 2:xx result!!

    Anthony.

    Tags:

  2. Tony S.

    Tony S. Guest

    <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > Best of luck for Paris on Sunday!
    >
    > I hope that you have favourable weather and a great day!
    >
    > Looking forward to seeing the 2:xx result!!
    >
    > Anthony.

    Ditto, and good luck to Doug and crew at Bull Run also.

    -Tony

  3. Phil M.

    Phil M. Guest

    Tony S. wrote:

    > Ditto, and good luck to Doug and crew at Bull Run also.

    IIRC, last year's BRR was a mud fest. They had some rain last night in
    Manassas, so it might be muddy again.

    --
    Phil M.

  4. marko

    marko Guest

    Tony S. a écrit :
    > Ditto, and good luck to Doug and crew at Bull Run also.

    thanks Tony! and yes, good luck to them too!

  5. marko

    marko Guest

    [email protected] a écrit :
    > Best of luck for Paris on Sunday!

    thanks Anthony, I think I'll need some!

    > I hope that you have favourable weather and a great day!

    it should be about 7°C in the morning with a 10km/h west-north-west
    wind. I'd rather have none, but well...

    > Looking forward to seeing the 2:xx result!!

    me too...
    As of now I'm quite confident, but I'll know for sure by km 30th tomorrow!
    I'm feeling fully rested, and my weight is ok.
    Also, I think I really got into my brains not to start too fast, to race
    at my pace, evenly and wisely. (I'm aiming for 2:58...)

  6. Anthony

    Anthony Guest

    Marko passed the 10k point in 42:11 which is spot on!

    (in 1838th position) which is sure to improve if he maintains the pace as
    others drop behind...

    The live site is:
    http://www.parismarathon.com/marathon/2006/us/r1_temps_passage.html

    Marko's number is 2302. Start time was 8:45:10 according to my
    calculations...

    Anthony.
    "marko" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > [email protected] a écrit :
    >> Best of luck for Paris on Sunday!

    > thanks Anthony, I think I'll need some!
    >
    >> I hope that you have favourable weather and a great day!

    > it should be about 7°C in the morning with a 10km/h west-north-west wind.
    > I'd rather have none, but well...
    >
    >> Looking forward to seeing the 2:xx result!!

    > me too...
    > As of now I'm quite confident, but I'll know for sure by km 30th tomorrow!
    > I'm feeling fully rested, and my weight is ok.
    > Also, I think I really got into my brains not to start too fast, to race
    > at my pace, evenly and wisely. (I'm aiming for 2:58...)

  7. Anthony

    Anthony Guest

    1:28:48 at the 1/2 (1830 position)

    "Anthony" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > Marko passed the 10k point in 42:11 which is spot on!
    >
    > (in 1838th position) which is sure to improve if he maintains the pace as
    > others drop behind...
    >
    > The live site is:
    > http://www.parismarathon.com/marathon/2006/us/r1_temps_passage.html
    >
    > Marko's number is 2302. Start time was 8:45:10 according to my
    > calculations...
    >
    > Anthony.
    > "marko" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    >> [email protected] a écrit :
    >>> Best of luck for Paris on Sunday!

    >> thanks Anthony, I think I'll need some!
    >>
    >>> I hope that you have favourable weather and a great day!

    >> it should be about 7°C in the morning with a 10km/h west-north-west wind.
    >> I'd rather have none, but well...
    >>
    >>> Looking forward to seeing the 2:xx result!!

    >> me too...
    >> As of now I'm quite confident, but I'll know for sure by km 30th
    >> tomorrow!
    >> I'm feeling fully rested, and my weight is ok.
    >> Also, I think I really got into my brains not to start too fast, to race
    >> at my pace, evenly and wisely. (I'm aiming for 2:58...)

  8. On Sun, 9 Apr 2006 10:44:52 +0300, "Anthony"
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Marko passed the 10k point in 42:11 which is spot on!

    ....until some smartass yelled "Polo?" and he stopped dead, looking
    around in bewilderment yelling back "Marko".

  9. marko wrote:
    > As of now I'm quite confident, but I'll know for sure by km 30th tomorrow!
    > I'm feeling fully rested, and my weight is ok.
    > Also, I think I really got into my brains not to start too fast, to race
    > at my pace, evenly and wisely. (I'm aiming for 2:58...)

    Well it looks like you had perfect success, Marko. Big big
    congratulations!!

    One number - though it tells us plenty about your preparation and having
    executed a good plan for about an eigth of a day - does not describe much of
    the race experience. I'll be eager to hear some details and stories when
    you're ready for a break from celebrating and have time and inclination to
    post.

  10. Anthony

    Anthony Guest

    "Charlie Pendejo" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > marko wrote:
    >> As of now I'm quite confident, but I'll know for sure by km 30th
    >> tomorrow!
    >> I'm feeling fully rested, and my weight is ok.
    >> Also, I think I really got into my brains not to start too fast, to race
    >> at my pace, evenly and wisely. (I'm aiming for 2:58...)

    > Well it looks like you had perfect success, Marko. Big big
    > congratulations!!
    >
    > One number - though it tells us plenty about your preparation and having
    > executed a good plan for about an eigth of a day - does not describe much
    > of the race experience. I'll be eager to hear some details and stories
    > when you're ready for a break from celebrating and have time and
    > inclination to post.

    Yes - big Congrats. Looks like the 2:58 you were aiming for,
    even splits and a final position of 1321 which indicates you were
    doing lots of passing in the 2nd half of the race!

    Looking forward to reading your report,

    Anthony.

  11. steve common

    steve common Guest

    marko <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Also, I think I really got into my brains not to start too fast, to race
    >at my pace, evenly and wisely. (I'm aiming for 2:58...)

    Well there you go :) And passing 300 runners in the last 12k is
    /jouissif/ is it not? Were there rows and rows of runners stopped dead
    near Roland Garros, trying to stretch out cramps?

    /Félicitations, cher Monsieur/ :)

  12. joe positive

    joe positive Guest

    \o/ !!!!

    good job, and a strong finish!

    t'as fait bien!

    Karen

    --
    live! vicariously!

  13. marko

    marko Guest

    Anthony a écrit :
    > Yes - big Congrats. Looks like the 2:58 you were aiming for,
    > even splits and a final position of 1321 which indicates you were
    > doing lots of passing in the 2nd half of the race!

    yes, a very good race, in spite of a positive split of 1'46".
    I hit the half at 1h28:24
    and the full at 2h58:10 (chip time)

    > Looking forward to reading your report,

    it will follow as soon as I can!

  14. marko

    marko Guest

    Charlie Pendejo a écrit :
    > Well it looks like you had perfect success, Marko. Big big
    > congratulations!!

    thanks Charlie! I'm indeed really happy!

    > One number - though it tells us plenty about your preparation and having
    > executed a good plan for about an eigth of a day - does not describe much of
    > the race experience. I'll be eager to hear some details and stories when
    > you're ready for a break from celebrating and have time and inclination to
    > post.

    as soon as I can, I'll write a race report!

  15. marko

    marko Guest

    steve common a écrit :
    > Well there you go :) And passing 300 runners in the last 12k is
    > /jouissif/ is it not? Were there rows and rows of runners stopped dead
    > near Roland Garros, trying to stretch out cramps?

    yeah, that was great!
    I was feeling really fine, amazing, only afraid of a quad cramp
    (something I never had to fear about before) but everything went just fine!

    > /Félicitations, cher Monsieur/ :)

    merci bien!

  16. marko

    marko Guest

    joe positive a écrit :
    > \o/ !!!!
    >
    > good job, and a strong finish!
    >
    > t'as fait bien!

    Merci beaucoup, and congrats for *your* PR even if you don't seem to
    rate it \o/ !

  17. start 8:45:10 finish 10:51:23 time 2 hrs 6
    minutes 13 seconds

    10km 9:27:21 42:11
    20km 10:13:58 46:37
    30km 10:51:23 37:25

    the ranking says he finished in 2 hrs 58 minutes. why is that?

  18. start 8:45:10

    10km 9:27:21 42:11
    20km 10:13:58 46:37
    30km 10:51:23 37:25