Good MP3 player for runners.

Discussion in 'General Fitness' started by Wylie Wilde, Mar 17, 2006.

  1. Wylie Wilde

    Wylie Wilde Guest

    Hey there,

    I need to get a good MP3 player for running. I've got a select group of
    songs that I use for running- mainly Linkin Park music, (Somehow Mozart
    doesn't cut it) Wagner "Ride of the Valkyries" etc..

    My main consideration is that it should be robust, splashproof. Memory space
    is a second consideration- it will be useful to keep movie files.

    I guess I should get a FLASH MP3 player- but not too sure which one would be
    suitable. I don't want to damage it if I get caught in the rain.

    Thanks

    Wilde!

    Tags:

  2. userfriendly

    userfriendly Guest

    www.IRIVER.com

    They have splash-proof cases. They are also more hardy than many MP3
    players. And yes, definitely go with a flash memory player. Hard-drive
    models will screw-up SOON if you run with them.

    Newest Iriver still have FM radio as well, but have boosted battery life to
    42 hours for a single AA Battery.

    And no, I don't work for IRiver. I've had 2. I wish I still did. Got a
    Nano for Christmas. The battery charging it requires sucks as opposed to
    popping a new AA battery in and continuing about my business.

    "Wylie Wilde" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    : Hey there,
    :
    : I need to get a good MP3 player for running. I've got a select group of
    : songs that I use for running- mainly Linkin Park music, (Somehow Mozart
    : doesn't cut it) Wagner "Ride of the Valkyries" etc..
    :
    : My main consideration is that it should be robust, splashproof. Memory
    space
    : is a second consideration- it will be useful to keep movie files.
    :
    : I guess I should get a FLASH MP3 player- but not too sure which one would
    be
    : suitable. I don't want to damage it if I get caught in the rain.
    :
    : Thanks
    :
    : Wilde!
    :
    :

  3. icekin

    icekin Guest

    While music can keep your mind off the physical stress, make sure you
    do this in a low traffic area. Or always stick to the pavement. I know
    a few runners who got knocked down by cyclists, rollerbladers and bikes
    because they couldn't hear the traffic approaching. I personally
    recommend keeping all your body's senses unobstructed when running. Its
    better to just enjoy the scenery and appreciate the natural sounds
    around you.

  4. On 18 Mar 2006 12:55:18 -0800, "icekin" <[email protected]> wrote:

    > I know
    >a few runners who got knocked down by cyclists, rollerbladers and bikes
    >because they couldn't hear the traffic approaching.

    No, it just seemed like the thing to do to joggers.

  5. Wylie Wilde

    Wylie Wilde Guest

    Hello,

    Thanks for the warning. I always stick on the pavement- and my 3km park has
    no cars or bicycles.

    I realize its probably safer to run without a headset- but at 7am on a
    freezing morning- I need more than just birds and bees to get me motivated
    to get out of bed and run 10km+.

    Nothing motivates me like Linkin Park, Wagner, or the soundtrack to Last of
    the Mohicans.

    news:[email protected]