Good news; oil prices up. Car-free cities a distinct possibility.

It is a sad way to promote HPVs since many of my neighbors are freaking
out about many costs going up due to gas- pizza, TV, grapes,
deliveries; but the book on Car-free cities is so timely! Good
reading, thanks to the library. Cost Effective!

Great news. Soon bike tires will cost $75 apiece.
<[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> It is a sad way to promote HPVs since many of my neighbors are freaking
> out about many costs going up due to gas- pizza, TV, grapes,
> deliveries; but the book on Car-free cities is so timely! Good
> reading, thanks to the library. Cost Effective!

Great news. Soon bike tires will cost $75 apiece.
<[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> It is a sad way to promote HPVs since many of my neighbors are freaking
> out about many costs going up due to gas- pizza, TV, grapes,
> deliveries; but the book on Car-free cities is so timely! Good
> reading, thanks to the library. Cost Effective!

Oil prices up. Car- free cities a distinct possibility.

Sooner the better. Best of all possible worlds.

Bike to your cost effective library and check out the Mad Max movie.

Bring it on.

Oil prices up. Car- free cities a distinct possibility.

Sooner the better. Best of all possible worlds.

Bike to your cost effective library and check out the Mad Max movie.

Bring it on.

"LioNiNoiL_a t_Y a h 0 0_d 0 t_c 0 m" <[email protected]> wrote in
message news:3_D2e.34361$AN1.21691@fed1read03...
> Al Luminium wrote:
>
>> Great news. Soon bike tires will cost $75 apiece.

> Maybe even $131 apiece:

Maybe more if they are the last of the Japanese ones in stock.

Al Luminium wrote:
> "LioNiNoiL_a t_Y a h 0 0_d 0 t_c 0 m" <[email protected]> wrote in
> message news:3_D2e.34361$AN1.21691@fed1read03...
>
>>Al Luminium wrote:
>>

>>>Great news. Soon bike tires will cost $75 apiece.

>>Maybe even $131 apiece:

> Maybe more if they are the last of the Japanese ones in stock....

Are you a friend of Cletus Lee? [1]

[1] Yes, this is relevant to the discussion at hand.

--
Tom Sherman - Earth (Downstate Illinois, North of Forgottonia)

Al Luminium wrote:
> "LioNiNoiL_a t_Y a h 0 0_d 0 t_c 0 m" <[email protected]> wrote in
> message news:3_D2e.34361$AN1.21691@fed1read03...
>
>>Al Luminium wrote:
>>

>>>Great news. Soon bike tires will cost $75 apiece.

>>Maybe even $131 apiece:

> Maybe more if they are the last of the Japanese ones in stock....

Are you a friend of Cletus Lee? [1]

[1] Yes, this is relevant to the discussion at hand.

--
Tom Sherman - Earth (Downstate Illinois, North of Forgottonia)

Mine did, just replaced the stock chain on the baron with 3 Shimano chains
which ended up around 75 bux

"Al Luminium" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Great news. Soon bike tires will cost $75 apiece.
> <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > It is a sad way to promote HPVs since many of my neighbors are freaking
> > out about many costs going up due to gas- pizza, TV, grapes,
> > deliveries; but the book on Car-free cities is so timely! Good
> > reading, thanks to the library. Cost Effective!

News==----

Newsgroups

Mine did, just replaced the stock chain on the baron with 3 Shimano chains
which ended up around 75 bux

"Al Luminium" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Great news. Soon bike tires will cost $75 apiece.
> <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > It is a sad way to promote HPVs since many of my neighbors are freaking
> > out about many costs going up due to gas- pizza, TV, grapes,
> > deliveries; but the book on Car-free cities is so timely! Good
> > reading, thanks to the library. Cost Effective!

News==----

Newsgroups

"HHS" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Oil prices up. Car- free cities a distinct possibility.
>
> Sooner the better. Best of all possible worlds.
>
> Bike to your cost effective library and check out the Mad Max movie.
>
> Bring it on.

Wishing bad times to support your chosen hobby, selfish and moronic
statement. Keep wishing, you may however not like what you end up getting

Mark "Pollyanna" Leuck wrote:

> "HHS" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>
>>Oil prices up. Car- free cities a distinct possibility.
>>
>>Sooner the better. Best of all possible worlds.
>>
>>Bike to your cost effective library and check out the Mad Max movie.
>>
>>Bring it on.

> Wishing bad times to support your chosen hobby, selfish and moronic
> statement. Keep wishing, you may however not like what you end up getting

Our society has refused to prepare for the consequences of burning large
quantities of fossil fuel. Therefore, as a society, through our
irresponsibility we will have earned the disastrous consequences of
excessive carbon dioxide emissions and future energy shortages.

Enjoy the coming suffering, destruction and death of the 21st century!

--

Mark "Pollyanna" Leuck wrote:

> "HHS" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>
>>Oil prices up. Car- free cities a distinct possibility.
>>
>>Sooner the better. Best of all possible worlds.
>>
>>Bike to your cost effective library and check out the Mad Max movie.
>>
>>Bring it on.

> Wishing bad times to support your chosen hobby, selfish and moronic
> statement. Keep wishing, you may however not like what you end up getting

Our society has refused to prepare for the consequences of burning large
quantities of fossil fuel. Therefore, as a society, through our
irresponsibility we will have earned the disastrous consequences of
excessive carbon dioxide emissions and future energy shortages.

Enjoy the coming suffering, destruction and death of the 21st century!

--
Tom Sherman - Earth (Downstate Illinois, North of Forgottonia)

"Tom Sherman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Mark "Pollyanna" Leuck wrote:
>
> > "HHS" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]...
> >
> >>Oil prices up. Car- free cities a distinct possibility.
> >>
> >>Sooner the better. Best of all possible worlds.
> >>
> >>Bike to your cost effective library and check out the Mad Max movie.
> >>
> >>Bring it on.

> > Wishing bad times to support your chosen hobby, selfish and moronic
> > statement. Keep wishing, you may however not like what you end up

getting

> Our society has refused to prepare for the consequences of burning large
> quantities of fossil fuel. Therefore, as a society, through our
> irresponsibility we will have earned the disastrous consequences of
> excessive carbon dioxide emissions and future energy shortages.
>
> Enjoy the coming suffering, destruction and death of the 21st century!
>
> --
> Tom Sherman - Earth (Downstate Illinois, North of Forgottonia)

It's one thing to predict or speculate about a bad event, quite another to
hope and pray it happens. The current high price of oil is based more on
speculation than supply and demand, it's a bubble

And its a very short-sighted view, in many cases more new oil will be pumped
because it is now profitable to do so, Canada's "slush" reserves and even
some Texas fields are a good example. Contrary to popular belief the oil
producers don't want long term high prices because it causes the market to
look for other sources of crude or alternative energy sources which reduces
their overall market percentages later which is the reason why OPEC doesn't
have the same power over the market they did back in the 70's

And assuming the worst case scenario such as HHS seems to desire he will
then have to pay at least double for his next recumbent bike (thats assuming
todays manufacturers are still in business after the collapse) and parts for
his current bike will be astronomical, that is assuming he has a job left to
pay for said parts.

All I can say is I'm damn glad I got my new Terracycle 70mm titanium idler
today instead of next year..whew! :)