Good Portable Floor Bike Pump

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by USABIKE800, Oct 12, 2015.

1. USABIKE800

USABIKE800 New Member

Hi,

Here is a floor bike pump my friend recommended me to buy, that is much easier to inflate the bike tire than hand bike pump I bought before, so I post it to share with you guys.
    click here for details : floor bike pump

Attached Files:

Tags:

2. Mr. Beanz

Mr. Beanz Well-Known Member

Pretty inexpensive but looks a bit too unstable for me. Not much on the floor side to keep things steady.

Plus the hose looks very short. I inflate my tires with the valve at 12 o'clock position to avoid damage to the presta core. The hose looks too short for my taste. :(

I'd rather spend $50 and be done with it. B)

https://jet.com/product/detail/afea7d0edd174bd2a3c81cafcc84845c?jcmp=pla:ggl:brands_sporting_goods_a2:athletics_general_purpose_athletic_equipment_ball_pumps_a2_other:na:na:na:na:na:2&code=PLA15&k_clickid=170c2826-b757-42ab-9f5f-06deda1f02de&gclid=Cj0KEQjwtO2wBRCu0d2dkvjVi5cBEiQAMEIVGWHnW5Vtjo3YqZtbwvmSdQ6x-29LCS-UfKNfpilQsGkaArnL8P8HAQ

BobCochran likes this.
  3. BobCochran

BobCochran Well-Known Member

+1 to Mr. Beanz, I agree, and thanks for the tip about pumping with the valve at 12:00. I worry about damaging my own Prestas. And I prefer a long hose.

Bob

Mr. Beanz likes this.
  4. mpre53

mpre53 Well-Known Member

I use the Specialized Air Tool, about $50 at any Spesh dealer. Gets a tire to 110-120 psi quickly and easily. Three seasons now, no problems with it. It has a "smart" head that adapts to either presta or Schrader valves.

5. swampy1970

swampy1970 Well-Known Member

Huh?

I've spent decades inflating tires with the valves at any accessible position. Once the pump head is attached to the valve stem it's not going to randomly impart stress on the valve core...

... and I can't remember how many tires have been inflated with a frame fitting pump that yanked the valve stem back and forth when getting upto 100psi.

I've used the Specialized Turbo smooth valve stem innertubes exclusively the last few years and combined with the Specialized Air Tool Comp pump, I've had zero incidences of the pump head needing to be held on the valve or blowing off.

6. Mr. Beanz

Mr. Beanz Well-Known Member

You're the guy that earlier claimed removing the rear wheel takes less time than the front. I'll stick to my own advice.

7. CAMPYBOB

CAMPYBOB Well-Known Member

Well, Swami is that guy...

In this case, as I have in several others, I agree with him. I pump my tires with the stems in any accessible location. I do try and be careful when using a full size frame pump and stabilizing the stem with an old Silca or Zefal is pretty easily done. I almost always use them at 12 o'clock just to ease back strain. And I hate Swami staring at my ass.

However...using a mini or micro size jersey pocket pump the stem gets shoved around no matter how careful the user is. It's simply a function of size, stroke length (no sex jokes!) and hand fatigue (damnit! I said NO sex jokes!) from the 9 million strokes required to achieve hitting 70 PSI.

As far as the OP goes...screw that POS pump. Go buy ANY of the accepted and proven models from damned near any LBS or reputable internet source and you'll be light years ahead of that junk.

8. Susimi

Susimi Well-Known Member

Hmm looks OK but it also looks kinda bulky and I'm not sure I like the look of such a short hose. It could cause a few problems.

Think I would stick with my own foot pump to be honest.

Damien Lee likes this.
  9. Damien Lee

Damien Lee Active Member

I have to agree. The size of this pump is a deal-breaker for me and I wouldn't want to be cycling with a pump of such a large footprint. I've also got a fairly small-sized foot pump and it has been just great for my needs. It's never let me down to this day and it's small enough to fit into my rucksack with all the other items I usually have with me, when I cycle.

10. Carnold23

Carnold23 New Member

I bought one on Amazon for a reasonable price. Surprisingly it works amazingly. I will find the link and then get back to you. I love it because of its ease of use.

11. Froze

Froze Well-Known Member

I want quality, and for $13 you're not going to get quality...but you will get quantity because you'll have to buy a dozens of them. Why not invest a little bit more and get a Topeak Road Morph G? Same portable floor pump in a rugged, reliable, proven, easy to use design, and it comes with a psi gauge.

12. Susimi

Susimi Well-Known Member

There's some pretty good cheapish stuff around.

The pump I bough was under £10 and it serves me pretty well. It's got a gauge on it and I use it for both my bike and my cars tyres. It's not perfect no and for the price I do not expect it to be, but it does the job, it's pretty sturdy and feels tough and that's all I could ask for really.