Good price? Should I customize my bike instead?

ludwigmass

Jun 28, 2014
Hi: what do you guys think of this bike and price tag? http://www.fahrrad-xxl.de/carver-pht150 A decent fork is important for me (this one has a RockShox Reba, adjustable from 80 to 120 mm). Im not very convinced about the Shimano BR-M395 disc brakes, I would rather have the complete Shimano SLX M670 groupset, which takes me to the question: How much can the price go up if I ask the vendor to change the parts from different groupsets to a full Shimano SLX M670 groupset? And another question: this fork costs, according to their website, anywhere between €470 - €602. The Shimano SLX M670 groupset can be bought at ebay for €400. A decent frame can cost... I have no idea, plus im gonna need a saddle, wheels and tires, frontset and manpower to arm it all... how much could it all ultimately cost? Would you have 29'' or 27'' wheels?

SLX is one step below XT ...

If you are looking at an XXL frame, then you should definitely go with the 29er.

Regardless, I would guess that 9-times-out-of-10, you are better off buying whatever specific components that YOU want, separately ...

And then, putting them on the bike, yourself ...

And then, re-selling the parts which you removed to someone else on eBay.

FYI. Bikes are currently "on sale" in the States ...

• a 2014 bike is currently LAST YEAR'S MODEL & should be priced, accordingly ...
  • so, I would think that the price on the particular bike should be closer to €750, or less.