Good rides around Brisbane

Mike_Coles

New Member
Dec 9, 2003
I'm an intermediate rider heading to Brisbane and want some advice on the pick of the rides in the area?

I keep seeing Daisy Hill and The Gap appear. Are they good spots? Where else should I look for a decent ride? :)

Originally posted by Mike_Coles
I'm an intermediate rider heading to Brisbane and want some advice on the pick of the rides in the area?

I keep seeing Daisy Hill and The Gap appear. Are they good spots? Where else should I look for a decent ride? :)

HI Mike,

Check out this web site

http://www.mtbdirt.com

its a pretty good forum and there are a number of bike shop rides and maps available to get you around, if you dont want to explore yourself, depends on where you live in Brissy really ...

Mike_Coles <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> I'm an intermediate rider heading to Brisbane and want some advice on the pick of the rides in
> the area?
>
> I keep seeing Daisy Hill and The Gap appear. Are they good spots? Where else should I look for a
> decent ride? :)

On the Northside if you want a flat ride head east to the bay - Sandgate or Redcliffe. If you want
hills head west, go through Toowong to Mt Coot-tha - short, fairly steep in places, or through The
Gap to Mt Nebo - long, not so steep, through Samford to Mt Glorious - fairly long and very steep or
to Dayboro and up Mt Mee - long, not so steep.

Someone else might like to comment on the southside, Daisy Hill is down there.

If you want to race or a group ride this site is great:- http://members.optusnet.com.au/vonberky/

Bruce Dickson

Nothing compares to the simple pleasure of a bike ride John F. Kennedy