Good Rides In Brisbane Where ?

Lenny

Guest
I see on a Saturday morning many bunch rides around the Toowong and St Lucia
Uni, can someone tell me where these riders go, like whats a good circuit ?
Where do they go from St Lucia Uni ?
Cheers,

Lenny said:
I see on a Saturday morning many bunch rides around the Toowong and St Lucia Uni, can someone tell me where these riders go, like whats a good circuit ?
Where do they go from St Lucia Uni ?
Cheers,

lenny,
a lot of people do a circuit:
*st. lucia to indooroopilly (via lambert road)
*across the cycle bridge to chelmer
*along next to the river and across oxley creek
*around the old tennyson powerhouse onto fairfield road (narrow)
*up to annerley road at dutton park
*through to southbank (a couple of ways)
*over the goodwill bridge and along the bikeway past the city
*along the bikeway next to coronation drive to toowong

it is a pleasant ride, the main traffic problems at tennyson and fairfield road. depending on the actual route, about 25km.

michael

zzedd wrote:

> Lenny Wrote:
> > I see on a Saturday morning many bunch rides around the Toowong and St
> > Lucia Uni, can someone tell me where these riders go, like whats a good
> > circuit ?
> > Where do they go from St Lucia Uni ?
> > Cheers,

> lenny,
> a lot of people do a circuit:
> *st. lucia to indooroopilly (via lambert road)
> *across the cycle bridge to chelmer
> *along next to the river and across oxley creek
> *around the old tennyson powerhouse onto fairfield road (narrow)
> *up to annerley road at dutton park
> *through to southbank (a couple of ways)
> *over the goodwill bridge and along the bikeway past the city
> *along the bikeway next to coronation drive to toowong
>
> it is a pleasant ride, the main traffic problems at tennyson and
> fairfield road. depending on the actual route, about 25km.
>
> michael

It's not true! We're all racing around Mt Coot-tha, seriously, we are!

Other good ride is over the Gray St Bridge, Vulture St, Wellington Rd,
Then out to manly for a look at the bay. You either go out Manly Rd and
back Wynnum rd or vice versa. Think this is about 70km.

>It's not true! We're all racing around Mt Coot-tha, seriously, we are!

Oh um yes, that's right. We're at Cootha.

What about Tamborine? I never see anyone out that way. I went out there on Sunday and it was just really nice. The roads aren't great, but there wasn't all that much traffic. Going up the mountain was nice too - the roads aren't too bad. I just like going for a ride without having too many traffic lights...

Lotte wrote:

> >It's not true! We're all racing around Mt Coot-tha, seriously, we are!

> Oh um yes, that's right. We're at Cootha.
>
> What about Tamborine? I never see anyone out that way. I went out
> there on Sunday and it was just really nice. The roads aren't great,
> but there wasn't all that much traffic. Going up the mountain was nice
> too - the roads aren't too bad. I just like going for a ride without
> having too many traffic lights...
>
> --
> Lotte

If you're not too fast maybe I could head Tamborine way with ya
sometime?

>If you're not too fast maybe I could head Tamborine way with ya
>sometime?

Definitely not too fast! And sure, anytime. My e-mail address is [email protected] if you're interested.

Cheers,
Lotte