Good sugarfree syrup

Morph Grrl

Guest
Hi and thanks to all the welcomes I got.

I thought I'd post my opinion on Smucker's sugar free syrup. I think it's pretty good. It's just as
good as another sugar free syrup (I can't remember its name). But it seems as if the Smucker's sugar
free pancake syrup may be easier to find.

Today I made a delicious breakfast of French Toast with wheat bread slices, skim milk, eggs (the
only "regular thing), vanilla, Splenda, low fat country crock, and sliced peaches (in light syrup).
I also put Smucker's syrup on it and it was delicious!

It's nice to be able to eat stuff like that again. I'm not a diagnosed diabetic, but I think
with increased weight I've had problems with sugars. Thank God nowadays there's many good sugar
free products.

Ha! Those with saccharin never did make the grade.

Let's see what weigh-in on Sat reports. I do feel so much better eating healthy.

MorphGrrl

it is good that you are taking control you find out you have a sugar issue,
good luck, Lee, who has a brother that is insulin dependent
Morph Grrl <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Hi and thanks to all the welcomes I got.
>
> I thought I'd post my opinion on Smucker's sugar free syrup. I think it's pretty good. It's just
> as good as another sugar free syrup (I can't remember its name). But it seems as if the Smucker's
> sugar free pancake syrup may be easier to find.
>
> Today I made a delicious breakfast of French Toast with wheat bread slices, skim milk, eggs (the
> only "regular thing), vanilla, Splenda, low fat country crock, and sliced peaches (in light
> syrup). I also put Smucker's syrup on it and it was delicious!
>
> It's nice to be able to eat stuff like that again. I'm not a diagnosed diabetic, but I think with
> increased weight I've had problems with sugars. Thank God nowadays there's many good sugar free
> products.
>
> Ha! Those with saccharin never did make the grade.
>
> Let's see what weigh-in on Sat reports. I do feel so much better eating healthy.
>

> MorphGrrl

There is one by Log Cabin that I like. It is made with Splenda.

Charlie

"Morph Grrl" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Hi and thanks to all the welcomes I got.
>
> I thought I'd post my opinion on Smucker's sugar free syrup. I think it's pretty good. It's just
> as good as another sugar free syrup (I can't remember its name). But it seems as if the Smucker's
> sugar free pancake syrup may be easier to find.
>
> Today I made a delicious breakfast of French Toast with wheat bread slices, skim milk, eggs (the
> only "regular thing), vanilla, Splenda, low fat country crock, and sliced peaches (in light
> syrup). I also put Smucker's syrup on it and it was delicious!
>
> It's nice to be able to eat stuff like that again. I'm not a diagnosed diabetic, but I think with
> increased weight I've had problems with sugars. Thank God nowadays there's many good sugar free
> products.
>
> Ha! Those with saccharin never did make the grade.
>
> Let's see what weigh-in on Sat reports. I do feel so much better eating healthy.
>

> MorphGrrl

Sounds yummy. I wonder if it would be possible to make the french toast using Egg Beaters? 1 point
for the whole container.

If you are having trouble with your sugars do you have to watch your carbs too?

"Morph Grrl" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Hi and thanks to all the welcomes I got.
>
> I thought I'd post my opinion on Smucker's sugar free syrup. I think it's pretty good. It's just
> as good as another sugar free syrup (I can't remember its name). But it seems as if the Smucker's
> sugar free pancake syrup may be easier to find.
>
> Today I made a delicious breakfast of French Toast with wheat bread slices, skim milk, eggs (the
> only "regular thing), vanilla, Splenda, low fat country crock, and sliced peaches (in light
> syrup). I also put Smucker's syrup on it and it was delicious!
>
> It's nice to be able to eat stuff like that again. I'm not a diagnosed diabetic, but I think with
> increased weight I've had problems with sugars. Thank God nowadays there's many good sugar free
> products.
>
> Ha! Those with saccharin never did make the grade.
>
> Let's see what weigh-in on Sat reports. I do feel so much better eating healthy.
>

> MorphGrrl

That's what used on my blueberry waffles this morning. YUMMERS!

--

~Kristin O~
272/242.2/172

"Charlie" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:3vILb.31184$JD6.4777@lakeread04...
> There is one by Log Cabin that I like. It is made with Splenda.
>
> Charlie
>
> "Morph Grrl" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > Hi and thanks to all the welcomes I got.
> >
> > I thought I'd post my opinion on Smucker's sugar free syrup. I think it's pretty good. It's just
> > as good as another sugar free syrup (I can't remember its name). But it seems as if the
> > Smucker's sugar free pancake syrup may be easier to find.
> >
> > Today I made a delicious breakfast of French Toast with wheat bread slices, skim milk, eggs (the
> > only "regular thing), vanilla, Splenda, low fat country crock, and sliced peaches (in light
> > syrup). I also put Smucker's syrup on it and it was delicious!
> >
> > It's nice to be able to eat stuff like that again. I'm not a diagnosed diabetic, but I think
> > with increased weight I've had problems with sugars. Thank God nowadays there's many good sugar
> > free products.
> >
> > Ha! Those with saccharin never did make the grade.
> >
> > Let's see what weigh-in on Sat reports. I do feel so much better eating healthy.
> >

> > MorphGrrl

On Fri, 9 Jan 2004 04:32:40 -0600, "Miss Violette"
<[email protected]> wrote:

>it is good that you are taking control you find out you have a sugar issue, good luck, Lee, who has
>a brother that is insulin dependent

It would be nice if it goes away as I lose weight. At least I'm hoping so.

MorphGrrl

Yup! I always use eggbeaters when making french toast, can't tell the difference.

Joyce

On Sun, 11 Jan 2004 15:37:08 GMT, "Laura" <[email protected]> wrote:

>Sounds yummy. I wonder if it would be possible to make the french toast using Egg Beaters? 1 point
>for the whole container.
>
>If you are having trouble with your sugars do you have to watch your carbs too?
>
>"Morph Grrl" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>news:[email protected]...
>> Hi and thanks to all the welcomes I got.
>>
>> I thought I'd post my opinion on Smucker's sugar free syrup. I think it's pretty good. It's just
>> as good as another sugar free syrup (I can't remember its name). But it seems as if the Smucker's
>> sugar free pancake syrup may be easier to find.
>>
>> Today I made a delicious breakfast of French Toast with wheat bread slices, skim milk, eggs (the
>> only "regular thing), vanilla, Splenda, low fat country crock, and sliced peaches (in light
>> syrup). I also put Smucker's syrup on it and it was delicious!
>>
>> It's nice to be able to eat stuff like that again. I'm not a diagnosed diabetic, but I think with
>> increased weight I've had problems with sugars. Thank God nowadays there's many good sugar free
>> products.
>>
>> Ha! Those with saccharin never did make the grade.
>>
>> Let's see what weigh-in on Sat reports. I do feel so much better eating healthy.
>>

>> MorphGrrl

it is great with egg beaters, Lee
news:[email protected]...

wrote:

>Sounds yummy. I wonder if it would be possible to make the french toast using Egg Beaters? 1 point
>for the whole container.
>
>If you are having trouble with your sugars do you have to watch your carbs too?

I try to have more proteins and I do what I can to stay away from the simple carbs. I don't have
problem with fruit, so I guess the fiber helps a lot.

Go for it on the French toast. I bet it will come out yummy and low points.

MorphGrrl

On Sat, 10 Jan 2004 15:18:15 -0600, "Kristin" <[email protected]>
wrote:

>That's what used on my blueberry waffles this morning. YUMMERS!
>
>--
>
>~Kristin O~
>272/242.2/172
>

>"Charlie" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:3vILb.31184$JD6.4777@lakeread04...
>> There is one by Log Cabin that I like. It is made with Splenda.
>>
>> Charlie

I should check that out as well. That would be the 3rd sugar free product I've tried. They all are
quite impressive that's for sure.

MorphGrrl

at least you might be able to control it with diet and maybe oral meds
instead of shots, good luck, Lee
Morph Grrl <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> On Fri, 9 Jan 2004 04:32:40 -0600, "Miss Violette" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> >it is good that you are taking control you find out you have a sugar
issue,
> >good luck, Lee, who has a brother that is insulin dependent
>
> It would be nice if it goes away as I lose weight. At least I'm hoping so.
>

> MorphGrrl

Is 1 container too much egg?

"Joyce" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> Yup! I always use eggbeaters when making french toast, can't tell the
difference.

> Joyce
>
> On Sun, 11 Jan 2004 15:37:08 GMT, "Laura" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> >Sounds yummy. I wonder if it would be possible to make the french toast using Egg Beaters? 1
> >point for the whole container.
> >
> >If you are having trouble with your sugars do you have to watch your
carbs
> >too?
> >
> >"Morph Grrl" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> >news:[email protected]...
> >> Hi and thanks to all the welcomes I got.
> >>
> >> I thought I'd post my opinion on Smucker's sugar free syrup. I think it's pretty good. It's
> >> just as good as another sugar free syrup (I can't remember its name). But it seems as if the
> >> Smucker's sugar free pancake syrup may be easier to find.
> >>
> >> Today I made a delicious breakfast of French Toast with wheat bread slices, skim milk, eggs
> >> (the only "regular thing), vanilla, Splenda, low fat country crock, and sliced peaches (in
> >> light syrup). I also put Smucker's syrup on it and it was delicious!
> >>
> >> It's nice to be able to eat stuff like that again. I'm not a diagnosed diabetic, but I think
> >> with increased weight I've had problems with sugars. Thank God nowadays there's many good sugar
> >> free products.
> >>
> >> Ha! Those with saccharin never did make the grade.
> >>
> >> Let's see what weigh-in on Sat reports. I do feel so much better eating healthy.
> >>

> >> MorphGrrl

Depends on which containers you are talking about, and how much french toast you want to make. In my
area you can buy the eggbeaters in containers that hold the equivalent of 8 eggs (paperboard carton
type containers) or a package of three - 2egg (1/2 cup) equivalent plastic containers (which I
assume is what Morph was speaking of). I usually use 1/2 cup eggbeaters and make 3 or 4 pieces of
french toast. Sometimes I will use more, cook 'em up and freeze after they are cool. It makes for a
quick and easy breakfast another day. Oh, and I always use the lighter wheat bread. I don't measure
the milk - just pour a bit in (I'm an odd cook that way) ... add a dash of cinnamon and a pinch or
two of sugar. Since the sugar isn't hardly measurable (1tsp sugar = 16 calories), I don't worry
about substituting that (in mine anyway). I've never tried using vanilla, sounds good though.

Joyce

On Sun, 11 Jan 2004 16:21:35 GMT, "Laura" <[email protected]> wrote:

>Is 1 container too much egg?
>
>"Joyce" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
>> Yup! I always use eggbeaters when making french toast, can't tell the
>difference.
>>
>> Joyce
>>
>> On Sun, 11 Jan 2004 15:37:08 GMT, "Laura" <[email protected]> wrote:
>>
>> >Sounds yummy. I wonder if it would be possible to make the french toast using Egg Beaters? 1
>> >point for the whole container.
>> >
>> >If you are having trouble with your sugars do you have to watch your
>carbs
>> >too?
>> >
>> >"Morph Grrl" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> >news:[email protected]...

On Sun, 11 Jan 2004 06:38:42 -0600, "Miss Violette"
<[email protected]> wrote:

>at least you might be able to control it with diet and maybe oral meds instead of shots, good
>luck, Lee

Well the doctor said it's a little bit of insulin resistance which would go away with diet. I hope
he's 100% correct :)

But you are right, diabetes 2 is controlled with meds and diet.

MorphGrrl

On Sun, 11 Jan 2004 10:35:55 -0600, Joyce <[email protected]> wrote:

>Depends on which containers you are talking about, and how much french toast you want to make. In
>my area you can buy the eggbeaters in containers that hold the equivalent of 8 eggs (paperboard
>carton type containers) or a package of three - 2egg (1/2 cup) equivalent plastic containers (which
>I assume is what Morph was speaking of). I usually use 1/2 cup eggbeaters and make 3 or 4 pieces of
>french toast. Sometimes I will use more, cook 'em up and freeze after they are cool. It makes for a
>quick and easy breakfast another day. Oh, and I always use the lighter wheat bread. I don't measure
>the milk - just pour a bit in (I'm an odd cook that way) ... add a dash of cinnamon and a pinch or
>two of sugar. Since the sugar isn't hardly measurable (1tsp sugar = 16 calories), I don't worry
>about substituting that (in mine anyway). I've never tried using vanilla, sounds good though.
>
>Joyce

True about the sugar, but in my case, my Splenda is more accessible (I have the sugar hidden so the
ants can stay away from it, but then it makes it hard to use it).

Cinnamon is also delicious to use for french toast.

I forgot to use it this time :) Also a good thing I made with Splenda recently is rice pudding.

The way I make it is more like rice with milk, but it's still good. Just take rice and boil it like
you normally do except you put in cinnamon sticks at the beginning to boil in the cinnamon flavor.
When it's almost done you will then add milk (or whatever creamy lowfat item), vanilla, sugar (or
Splenda, etc), raisins or whatever fruit or nuts (etc) you want in it.

Cook it for a little bit more and then yummy!

MorphGrrl

I use one of the other brands that contains 3 containers each with the equivalent of 2 eggs. This
would be 2 or 3 slices of bread (one serving). Sounds like each container makes 2 slices of bread. I
could use 1/2 of the container and make them for saturday and sunday morning.

"Joyce" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> Depends on which containers you are talking about, and how much french
toast you
> want to make. In my area you can buy the eggbeaters in containers that
hold the
> equivalent of 8 eggs (paperboard carton type containers) or a package of
three -
> 2egg (1/2 cup) equivalent plastic containers (which I assume is what Morph
was
> speaking of). I usually use 1/2 cup eggbeaters and make 3 or 4 pieces of
french
> toast. Sometimes I will use more, cook 'em up and freeze after they are
cool. It
> makes for a quick and easy breakfast another day. Oh, and I always use
the
> lighter wheat bread. I don't measure the milk - just pour a bit in (I'm
an odd
> cook that way) ... add a dash of cinnamon and a pinch or two of sugar.
Since the
> sugar isn't hardly measurable (1tsp sugar = 16 calories), I don't worry
about
> substituting that (in mine anyway). I've never tried using vanilla,
sounds good
> though.
>
> Joyce
>
> On Sun, 11 Jan 2004 16:21:35 GMT, "Laura" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> >Is 1 container too much egg?
> >
> >"Joyce" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> >> Yup! I always use eggbeaters when making french toast, can't tell the
> >difference.
> >>
> >> Joyce

> >carbs

free

put

Yup, you could split the container and make it each day. I am lazy though, so just cook it all up
and freeze leftovers. Then I only have to scrub the pan out once. <g> And they do freeze very well.
Either throw in the microwave for a short time to reheat, or pop into the toaster.

Joyce