Good Summer Tops For Riding

Mar 11, 2015
Can someone please advise on what kind of tops would be good for riding in the summer? I can't wear anything strappy or too low cut for obvious reasons but I would really like something that does not make me sweat like a beast after twenty seconds of pedalling. Any ideas please?

I always wear wife beaters. Regardless of temperature it a wife beater. You should see my funky tan lines after summer. Lol

Why don't you get some unbleached cotton shirts, preferably of a light color? Make sure that they are light and breathable. Personally, I like red cotton shirts with a V-shape and very short sleeves. But during very hot days, I like to wear long sleeves and a hat with plenty of sun screen on my face, neck, hands and legs.
At times, I also wear simple, long sleeved Indian shirts. They are very airy and comfortable. Also, you don't sweat too much in them.

Dora M said:
Why don't you get some unbleached cotton shirts, preferably of a light color? Make sure that they are light and breathable. Personally, I like red cotton shirts with a V-shape and very short sleeves. But during very hot days, I like to wear long sleeves and a hat with plenty of sun screen on my face, neck, hands and legs.
At times, I also wear simple, long sleeved Indian shirts. They are very airy and comfortable. Also, you don't sweat too much in them.
Thank you, I will certainly give them a try! I will have to get a hat too as sun has not been an issue here until about yesterday! I have to say that Inidian tops are very comfortable and breathable so I will try them too as it could help stop UV rays too, or at least slow them down!

kana_marie said:
I always wear wife beaters. Regardless of temperature it a wife beater. You should see my funky tan lines after summer. Lol
Had to look up what one of them was! I do wear them sometimes but I find them a bit tight and low, but a guys one might be better as it will be looser, higher and a bit more breathable I imagine.

[SIZE=11pt]When riding in the summer I too like to go with something lightweight. Cotton always is my go to for that particular purpose; however I do own some biker gear. I like Lycra spandex it’s easy to ride in too. I sweat regardless of what I have on, I could be at the gym not doing anything super strenuous and I’m sweating. They say sweating is a good thing. I usually go with the Lycra ladies tank top and shorts. [/SIZE]

Linen is the best for staying cool, but silk is better for a sun shield. I would go with white or undyed (cream colored) linen for the coolest possible option.

I love wearing under armer tank tops, I feel like I cant breath in anything else when its too hot outside.

Thanks guys I am gonna try everything to see what the best thing is thanks for all your suggestions, I have found adequate support for my chest now so finding top to fit should hopefully become lot easier!

Living in hot weather my wife rides in a tank top at times when it gets near 100 degrees

Bikes2.jpg

Other times she will wear a sports bra with a tank top over it on long rides for support like this 100 mile day
004.JPG

There was a couple of days she wanted to even out her tan lines so she wore this tank top on a 40 mile ride. She said it was comfy in the California sun riding from a hot inland to the coast. I have to say there were quite a few distracted men on the busy bike trail that day and a couple of our cycling buddies we chat with at the beach stop spent a little more time than usual chatting with her.
The straps ended up falling apart but I sure miss riding with her wearing it.

33a.jpg

Attachments

• Bikes2.jpg
    Bikes2.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 13
  • 20220823_073345.jpg
    20220823_073345.jpg
    114.9 KB · Views: 16
Reactions: steve