Good Weekend in Jersey

Maggie

Guest
We finally had a good weekend in Jersey. I was able to dust off the
bicycle and ride outdoors. There is one problem about riding outdoors
as opposed to the gym. I was stopping every 10 minutes to converse
with people in town. I was out for two hours and I think I did a total
of 30 minutes of riding.

I did find out the stationary bikes do help. I felt very relaxed on the
bike and my legs are much stronger now. Plus I am thinner, so I was
much more comfortable.

Exercise actually changed my whole attitude. I was able to go to a
super bowl party and not pig out. I hung out by the veggie platter.
That is amazing. The best thing I ever did was buy a bike. It gave me
the kick in the ass I needed. Or the kick in the head I needed.
All Good Things,
Maggie.

Jeff Starr

Guest
On 7 Feb 2005 05:17:19 -0800, "Maggie" <[email protected]>
wrote:

>We finally had a good weekend in Jersey. I was able to dust off the
>bicycle and ride outdoors. There is one problem about riding outdoors
>as opposed to the gym. I was stopping every 10 minutes to converse
>with people in town. I was out for two hours and I think I did a total
>of 30 minutes of riding.
>
>I did find out the stationary bikes do help. I felt very relaxed on the
>bike and my legs are much stronger now. Plus I am thinner, so I was
>much more comfortable.
>
>Exercise actually changed my whole attitude. I was able to go to a
>super bowl party and not pig out. I hung out by the veggie platter.
>That is amazing. The best thing I ever did was buy a bike. It gave me
>the kick in the ass I needed. Or the kick in the head I needed.
>All Good Things,
>Maggie.

I'm glad to hear it, stay positive.

Life is Good!
Jeff

Maggie

Guest
Jeff Starr wrote:
> On 7 Feb 2005 05:17:19 -0800, "Maggie" <[email protected]>
> wrote:
>
> >We finally had a good weekend in Jersey. I was able to dust off the
> >bicycle and ride outdoors. There is one problem about riding

outdoors
> >as opposed to the gym. I was stopping every 10 minutes to converse
> >with people in town. I was out for two hours and I think I did a

total
> >of 30 minutes of riding.
> >
> >I did find out the stationary bikes do help. I felt very relaxed on

the
> >bike and my legs are much stronger now. Plus I am thinner, so I was
> >much more comfortable.
> >
> >Exercise actually changed my whole attitude. I was able to go to a
> >super bowl party and not pig out. I hung out by the veggie platter.
> >That is amazing. The best thing I ever did was buy a bike. It gave

me
> >the kick in the ass I needed. Or the kick in the head I needed.
> >All Good Things,
> >Maggie.

> I'm glad to hear it, stay positive.
>

> Life is Good!
> Jeff

Thanks....

All Good Things
Maggie

Craig Brossman

Guest
Maggie wrote:

> Exercise actually changed my whole attitude. I was able to go to a
> super bowl party and not pig out. I hung out by the veggie platter.
> That is amazing. The best thing I ever did was buy a bike. It gave me
> the kick in the ass I needed. Or the kick in the head I needed.
> All Good Things,
> Maggie.

It gets better, soon you ride so much you have to pig out :)
--
Craig Brossman, Durango Colorado
remove "mydebt" to reply

Roy Zipris

Guest
Maggie: "There is one problem about riding outdoors as opposed to the
gym.  I was stopping every 10 minutes to converse with people in town.
I was out for two hours and I think I did a total
of 30 minutes of riding."

Ride outside of town and get an even more exhilarating work-out. --Roy
Zipris

Maggie

Guest
Craig Brossman wrote:
> Maggie wrote:
>
> > Exercise actually changed my whole attitude. I was able to go to a
> > super bowl party and not pig out. I hung out by the veggie platter.
> > That is amazing. The best thing I ever did was buy a bike. It gave

me
> > the kick in the ass I needed. Or the kick in the head I needed.
> > All Good Things,
> > Maggie.
> >

> It gets better, soon you ride so much you have to pig out :)
> --
> Craig Brossman, Durango Colorado
> remove "mydebt" to reply

Seems as if it is getting better every day. Once you get involved in
exercise it moves to other areas of your life and you just have to keep
yourself healthy. I just came home from the gym and I was with my
daughter and her two friends. I was proud of myself and the way I kept
up with them. I rode the bike for 30 minutes and then worked with the
free weights. I can actually say I enjoyed it. That's amazing to me. I
never enjoyed exercise. As far as pigging out, I find myself eating
yogurt, cottage cheese, fresh fruit and salads. Maybe there was a pod
under my bed the night before I bought my bike. (if anyone is old
enough to remember that movie)
All Good Things,
Maggie

b_baka

Guest
Craig Brossman wrote:
> Maggie wrote:
>
>> Exercise actually changed my whole attitude. I was able to go to a
>> super bowl party and not pig out. I hung out by the veggie platter.
>> That is amazing. The best thing I ever did was buy a bike. It gave me
>> the kick in the ass I needed. Or the kick in the head I needed.
>> All Good Things,
>> Maggie.
>>

> It gets better, soon you ride so much you have to pig out :)

True. It is good to ride enough to be able to eat pizza and still lose
weight.
And the spinning wheels keep spinning 'round. (1970s lyrics, sort of)
Bill Baka

b_baka

Guest
Roy Zipris wrote:
> Maggie: "There is one problem about riding outdoors as opposed to the
> gym. �I was stopping every 10 minutes to converse with people in town.
> I was out for two hours and I think I did a total
> of 30 minutes of riding."
>
> Ride outside of town and get an even more exhilarating work-out. --Roy
> Zipris

Even that doesn't always work. I was coming down from a mountain ride
and got caught up in a conversation with a gent pedaling up to see his
sister. Odd thing was he was drinking a beer, and mentioned that he had
two more, thus not needing water.??
Does it count that he said he was from Florida?
Bill Baka

b_baka

Guest
Maggie wrote:
> Craig Brossman wrote:
>
>>Maggie wrote:
>>

>>>Exercise actually changed my whole attitude. I was able to go to a
>>>super bowl party and not pig out. I hung out by the veggie platter.
>>>That is amazing. The best thing I ever did was buy a bike. It gave

> me
>
>>>the kick in the ass I needed. Or the kick in the head I needed.
>>>All Good Things,
>>>Maggie.
>>>

>>It gets better, soon you ride so much you have to pig out :)
>>--
>>Craig Brossman, Durango Colorado
>>remove "mydebt" to reply

> Seems as if it is getting better every day. Once you get involved in
> exercise it moves to other areas of your life and you just have to keep
> yourself healthy. I just came home from the gym and I was with my
> daughter and her two friends. I was proud of myself and the way I kept
> up with them. I rode the bike for 30 minutes and then worked with the
> free weights. I can actually say I enjoyed it. That's amazing to me. I
> never enjoyed exercise. As far as pigging out, I find myself eating
> yogurt, cottage cheese, fresh fruit and salads. Maybe there was a pod
> under my bed the night before I bought my bike. (if anyone is old
> enough to remember that movie)
> All Good Things,
> Maggie

The original, or the really bad copy. Body snatchers, about 1958(?). Eat
more and ride more and be happy. Chat with other riders if/when you find
them and enjoy yourself.
Be well,
Bill Baka

Roy Zipris

Guest
Bill Baka: "Odd thing was he was drinking a beer, and mentioned that he
had
two more, thus not needing water.??"

Three beers and I wouldn't need water or anything else--except a nap!
Maybe that fellow didn't realize that you're supposed to carb-load a
day or two *before* the ride? --Roy Zipris

Maggie

Guest
Roy Zipris wrote:
> Bill Baka: "Odd thing was he was drinking a beer, and mentioned that

he
> had
> two more, thus not needing water.??"
>
> Three beers and I wouldn't need water or anything else--except a nap!
> Maybe that fellow didn't realize that you're supposed to carb-load a
> day or two *before* the ride? --Roy Zipris

I am talking a few friends into doing the MS ride with me in May. I
thought about having a party at the shore the night before. I remember
when my son played football in High School, (until he broke his arm and
I made him stop FOREVER)...they used to have pasta parties the night
before the game. Not that this will be some long arduous ride instead
of a fun run, but party sounds good and will get them there.

If we do have this party, I think we might start the ride with a
hangover. And WE will definately need a nap. So I am in a quandry.
Alcohol the night before may not be a good idea. But who can eat pasta
without a nice merlot?
All Good Things,
Maggie

b_baka

Guest
Roy Zipris wrote:
> Bill Baka: "Odd thing was he was drinking a beer, and mentioned that he
> had
> two more, thus not needing water.??"
>
> Three beers and I wouldn't need water or anything else--except a nap!
> Maybe that fellow didn't realize that you're supposed to carb-load a
> day or two *before* the ride? --Roy Zipris

At least he was a happy biker, beer belly and all. He was about 50-55
and in the 8-10 MPH class, but at least he was out there riding. He had
probably carbed up all his life.
Bill Baka

Neil Cherry

Guest
On 8 Feb 2005 11:29:23 -0800, Maggie wrote:

> John Everett wrote:
>> On 7 Feb 2005 05:17:19 -0800, "Maggie" <[email protected]>
>> wrote:
>>
>> >We finally had a good weekend in Jersey.

>> Should I assume they also had a good weekend in Guernsey?

> OK, I am dense....WHAT?????

I think John is making a reference to the Isle of Jersey and Guernsey
in the English channel (sorry, I'm not up on that part of the world)
and our habit, those of us from New Jersey, of shortening our state to
just Jersey.

So John, what exit is that? ... ;-)

--
Linux Home Automation Neil Cherry [email protected]
http://home.comcast.net/~ncherry/ (Text only)

Neil Brooks

Guest
Neil Cherry wrote:
> On 8 Feb 2005 11:29:23 -0800, Maggie wrote:
>>
>> John Everett wrote:

>>> Should I assume they also had a good weekend in Guernsey?

>> OK, I am dense....WHAT?????

> I think John is making a reference to the Isle of Jersey and Guernsey
> in the English channel (sorry, I'm not up on that part of the world)
> and our habit, those of us from New Jersey, of shortening our state to
> just Jersey.

What are "Dairy Cows?"

I'll take potent potables for one thousand, Alex.

City people . . . . ;-)

Maggie

Guest
Neil Cherry wrote:
> On 8 Feb 2005 11:29:23 -0800, Maggie wrote:
> >
> > John Everett wrote:

> >> Should I assume they also had a good weekend in Guernsey?

> > OK, I am dense....WHAT?????

> I think John is making a reference to the Isle of Jersey and Guernsey
> in the English channel (sorry, I'm not up on that part of the world)
> and our habit, those of us from New Jersey, of shortening our state

> just Jersey.
>
> So John, what exit is that? ... ;-)
>
> --
> Linux Home Automation Neil Cherry [email protected]
> http://home.comcast.net/~ncherry/ (Text only)
> http://hcs.sourceforge.net/ (HCS II)
> http://linuxha.blogspot.com/ My HA Blog

And proud to say the only state where you can drop the NEW and just say
"Jersey".....YORK certainly does not work...nor
HAMPSHIRE....ORLEANS...etc.

It's Something like people who live in THE BRONX. You have to have
that "THE" in front of BRONX. I am still cluelessss as to what
Guernsey is all about. I guess it is one of those mysteries I will
never solve. Like "what came first, the chicken or the egg" or Is
there a black hole where socks go after you put them in the wash.
All Good Things
Maggie - Proud to be a JERSEY GIRL.

Maggie

Guest
Neil Cherry wrote:
> On 8 Feb 2005 11:29:23 -0800, Maggie wrote:
> >
> > John Everett wrote:

> >> Should I assume they also had a good weekend in Guernsey?

> > OK, I am dense....WHAT?????

> I think John is making a reference to the Isle of Jersey and Guernsey
> in the English channel (sorry, I'm not up on that part of the world)
> and our habit, those of us from New Jersey, of shortening our state

> just Jersey.
>
> So John, what exit is that? ... ;-)
>
> --
> Linux Home Automation Neil Cherry [email protected]
> http://home.comcast.net/~ncherry/ (Text only)
> http://hcs.sourceforge.net/ (HCS II)
> http://linuxha.blogspot.com/ My HA Blog

And proud to say the only state where you can drop the NEW and just say
"Jersey".....YORK certainly does not work...nor
HAMPSHIRE....ORLEANS...etc.

It's Something like people who live in THE BRONX. You have to have
that "THE" in front of BRONX. I am still cluelessss as to what
Guernsey is all about. I guess it is one of those mysteries I will
never solve. Like "what came first, the chicken or the egg" or Is
there a black hole where socks go after you put them in the wash.
All Good Things
Maggie - Proud to be a JERSEY GIRL.

Beverly

Guest
Maggie wrote:

> And proud to say the only state where you can drop the NEW and just

say
> "Jersey".....YORK certainly does not work...nor
> HAMPSHIRE....ORLEANS...etc.

I thought everyone pronounced New Orleans as "Nawlins" :) I have a
freind from New Jersey who drops the 'New' but pronounces it as
"Joisey".