Goodbye

[email protected] wrote in news:[email protected]:

> In rec.bicycles.misc Bill Sornson <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> Seriously, what keeps Vandespammer out of here? He cross-posts to a
>> whole bunch of newsgroups; why not these?

> Don't tempt 'im.

He seems to limit his xposts to no more than five froups,
within RFC1855 guidelines.

For obvious reasons, I refuse say what his ISP allows.

John Forrest Tomlinson wrote:
> On Tue, 01 May 2007 02:52:29 GMT, Bill <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> It was a great country when I was a kid in the 50's. Cold war?
>> Big deal. I think we peaked socially back then

> Certainly not for black people.

Honestly,
This may sound dumb, but I never even saw a black person until I was
about 12. In high school my locker mate was a half black kid and 'I'
caught all kinds of **** for it. Eric was half black and picked on, I
got to know him, and then I started getting ah...flamed for being his
friend. That was 1963-1964. I think that was the beginning of the big
stuff in the civil rights movement.
I may be wrong but for some reason I had a lot of black friends around
1972 along with my white and Hispanic friends. Back then '1970's' we
just all hung out and drank beer and ummm...inhaled (Clinton reference),
it was party time.
Maybe I was in the wrong place when stuff really happened.
I did manage to get lost in L.A. during the Watts riots and turn off
into the middle of the mess with 3 white bread friends in the car.
Real quick, real illegal U-turn and we were outta there.
Bill Baka

still me wrote:
> On Tue, 01 May 2007 02:52:29 GMT, Bill <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> Now Bush has a 'vision' to put men on the moon by 2020?

> Naw, nit-brain wants to put men on Mars. What a maroon.

If he has us so screwed up we don't already have a base on the moon what
is the big deal about landing some more guys. Are we gonna build a mars
port or just plant a flag.
I would never fly in anything that was sanctioned to be built by Bush.
Better a Saturn-V. Now there was a man's rocket.
Shuttle. PHHFFF.
Bill Baka

T. Ling Yu wrote:
> Bill <[email protected]> wrote in news:[email protected]:
>
>> What Bigot?
>> I seriously have not worked with or even known of a Hispanic electronics
>> engineer. They don't seem to exist. I worked at H.P. for a year and the
>> only Mexican with any kind of job other than janitor was a kid who
>> worked in the financial department. He was my go-between for getting
>> large dollar purchases approved. Nice kid, but not an engineer.
>> Bill Baka
>>

> Wow. Baka Induction in action.
> 1. "I have not worked with Hispanic engineers, so Mexicans must not be
> intelligent."

They were cross breeds between the Spanish (soldiers were more like
mercenaries), and the native population, which may have been years ahead
of Spain (except weapons), or years behind.
I don't know the outcome of that equation.

> 2. "Mexicans are not intelligent, so if we have a Hispanic president,
> we are doomed."

You did not even understand the point I was trying to get into your
thick (bulletproof thick?) skull. I meant they would be handing out more
favors and privileges based on ethnics.
Bill (cutting Sore Knee some slack) Baka

T. Ling Yu wrote:
> Bill <[email protected]> wrote in news:[email protected]:
>> I only stated facts about my co-workers, and to tell the truth the
>> Japanese and Chinese seem to be more intelligent than even the East
>> Indians. There may be some cultural reason for this but I don't want to
>> go there.

> Oh... that train has already left and you were the engineer.

Was that an insult or something? I didn't intend it as that, but an
observation and agreement with me in many magazine articles.
The Incas and Mayans were great at building things but not so good at
figuring out the intentions of the Spaniards. Good or bad?
Bill Baka

> On Tue, 01 May 2007 02:52:29 GMT, Bill <[email protected]> wrote:
>> It was a great country when I was a kid in the 50's. Cold war?
>> Big deal. I think we peaked socially back then

John Forrest Tomlinson wrote:
> Certainly not for black people.

Depends on your measure. Afro Am business ownership peaked in 1958.
--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org

T. Ling Yu wrote:
> [email protected] wrote in news:[email protected]:
>
>> In rec.bicycles.misc Bill Sornson <[email protected]> wrote:
>>
>>> Seriously, what keeps Vandespammer out of here? He cross-posts to a
>>> whole bunch of newsgroups; why not these?

>> Don't tempt 'im.
>>

> He seems to limit his xposts to no more than five froups,
> within RFC1855 guidelines.
>
> For obvious reasons, I refuse say what his ISP allows.

Ah. Years ago when I first joined AM-B, I thought someone said something
about him being "barred" from the rec.* cycling groups; maybe they were just
joking.

Bill "ain't complainin'" S.

A Muzi wrote:
>> On Tue, 01 May 2007 02:52:29 GMT, Bill <[email protected]> wrote:
>>> It was a great country when I was a kid in the 50's. Cold war?
>>> Big deal. I think we peaked socially back then

> John Forrest Tomlinson wrote:
>> Certainly not for black people.

> Depends on your measure. Afro Am business ownership peaked in 1958.

I'm kind of color neutral.
I'm Polish, French, Irish/Scottish, Native American (Huron).
What ever that brands me, I is me and nobody else.
Bill Baka

On Tue, 01 May 2007 01:18:08 -0500, A Muzi <[email protected]>
wrote:

>> On Tue, 01 May 2007 02:52:29 GMT, Bill <[email protected]> wrote:
>>> It was a great country when I was a kid in the 50's. Cold war?
>>> Big deal. I think we peaked socially back then

>John Forrest Tomlinson wrote:
>> Certainly not for black people.

>Depends on your measure. Afro Am business ownership peaked in 1958.

That's a social measure?

--
JT
****************************

On Tue, 01 May 2007 00:40:24 -0700, Bill <[email protected]> wrote:

>A Muzi wrote:

>> John Forrest Tomlinson wrote:
>>> Certainly not for black people.

>> Depends on your measure. Afro Am business ownership peaked in 1958.

>I'm kind of color neutral.
>I'm Polish, French, Irish/Scottish, Native American (Huron).
>What ever that brands me, I is me and nobody else.

In other words, by the way people looked at you you wouldn't be barred
from certain motels and restaurants based on the color of your skin in
1958. Or be banned from marrying someone with very pale skin.

Yeah, those were the days.
--
JT
****************************

In rec.bicycles.misc T. Ling Yu <[email protected]> wrote:
> Bill <[email protected]> wrote in news:6WvZh.4471$uJ6.2553
>>
>> HUH?
>> Who invited the Commies?

> An invitation is required to post to rbm?!

Nonsense. If one was required I have a feeling that Monsieur Baka would
have trouble getting one.

> Should I wait for my invitation before I post again?

Well, it's a bit late, but I'd be happy to extend an invitation.
Especially if you post about bicycles (and not politics).

--
Dane Buson - [email protected]
A fool's brain digests philosophy into folly, science into superstition, and

In article <[email protected]>,
"Ed Chait" <[email protected]> wrote:

> "Bill" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > I know that there were the Romans, Ghengis Khan, Spanish Conquistadors,
> > Napoleon, Stalin, ******, Bush, Bush....
> > Then there were the religious murders committed in the name of the church
> > for over 1,000 years.
> > If I did the research, religion would lose. Historically it has been the
> > Christians murdering the non-Christians but lately the Muslims are taking
> > up the slack.
> > Bill Baka

> Again, atheist despots and atheist regimes have murdered and killed far more
> people than any other group throughout history.
>
> Do the research and you will be quite surprised.

Your argument will only make sense if atheist despots and regimes killed
and murdered because of their atheist belief. I am not sure I buy that
claim. On the other hand, the religious wars the world seen and still
sees are at least partially because of disagreement in belief.

Can we revert back to Campagnolo versus Shimano now? :)

John Forrest Tomlinson wrote:

>>> Depends on your measure. Afro Am business ownership peaked in 1958.

>> I'm kind of color neutral.
>> I'm Polish, French, Irish/Scottish, Native American (Huron).
>> What ever that brands me, I is me and nobody else.

> In other words, by the way people looked at you you wouldn't be barred
> from certain motels and restaurants based on the color of your skin in
> 1958. Or be banned from marrying someone with very pale skin.
>
> Yeah, those were the days.

Don't even think of *****ing at me about that. My father's parents came
over from Russia and Poland just before the Communist revolution, my
mother's mother was Irish/Scottish descent and came over in the 1880's,
and my French/"American" grandfather's grandfather was an "American"
princess, daughter of the chief of the Huron nation. I don't even begin
to want to hear about the poor Blacks since I had nothing to do with it.
I consider my "People" to be the Native Americans who were persecuted to
near extinction by the F'ing English settlers.
You got a problem with that, go to the NAACP, and cry on Sharpton's
shoulder.
Bill Baka

Dane Buson wrote:
> In rec.bicycles.misc T. Ling Yu <[email protected]> wrote:
>> Bill <[email protected]> wrote in news:6WvZh.4471$uJ6.2553
>>> HUH?
>>> Who invited the Commies?

>> An invitation is required to post to rbm?!

> Nonsense. If one was required I have a feeling that Monsieur Baka would
> have trouble getting one.
>
>> Should I wait for my invitation before I post again?

> Well, it's a bit late, but I'd be happy to extend an invitation.
> Especially if you post about bicycles (and not politics).

Amazing what a simple "Goodbye" can start.
I'm riding right after this, since the thread seems to be evaporating.
Thanks for small favors.
Bill Baka

On Tue, 01 May 2007 10:44:40 -0700, Bill <[email protected]> wrote:

>John Forrest Tomlinson wrote:

>>> I'm kind of color neutral.
>>> I'm Polish, French, Irish/Scottish, Native American (Huron).
>>> What ever that brands me, I is me and nobody else.

>> In other words, by the way people looked at you you wouldn't be barred
>> from certain motels and restaurants based on the color of your skin in
>> 1958. Or be banned from marrying someone with very pale skin.
>>
>> Yeah, those were the days.

>Don't even think of *****ing at me about that. My father's parents came
>over from Russia and Poland just before the Communist revolution, my
>mother's mother was Irish/Scottish descent and came over in the 1880's,
>and my French/"American" grandfather's grandfather was an "American"
>princess, daughter of the chief of the Huron nation.

Unless you are visually identifiable as an ethnic minority who is
discriminated against regularly (particularly in the 1950s but perhaps
also now) it doesn't matter who your parents were in terms of what I'm
talking about. The 1950s were socially worse for black people in
America in than now. It's a fact. So if you want to say "the 1950s
were better for me" go ahead. If you want to say they were better
alround, well yeah, perhaps for the "average" American. But there
were things about that time that were much worse than now for certain
sub-populations of Americans.

> I don't even begin
>to want to hear about the poor Blacks since I had nothing to do with it.

I'm not blaming you. I'm pointing out that your thesis is wrong for
black people.

>I consider my "People" to be the Native Americans who were persecuted to
>near extinction by the F'ing English settlers.

That doesn't mean the 1950s were better than now for black people.
--
JT
****************************

Pikachu wrote:
> In article <[email protected]>,
> "Ed Chait" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> "Bill" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>>> I know that there were the Romans, Ghengis Khan, Spanish Conquistadors,
>>> Napoleon, Stalin, ******, Bush, Bush....
>>> Then there were the religious murders committed in the name of the church
>>> for over 1,000 years.
>>> If I did the research, religion would lose. Historically it has been the
>>> Christians murdering the non-Christians but lately the Muslims are taking
>>> up the slack.
>>> Bill Baka

>> Again, atheist despots and atheist regimes have murdered and killed far more
>> people than any other group throughout history.
>>
>> Do the research and you will be quite surprised.

> Your argument will only make sense if atheist despots and regimes killed
> and murdered because of their atheist belief. I am not sure I buy that
> claim. On the other hand, the religious wars the world seen and still
> sees are at least partially because of disagreement in belief.

What happens to our "One nation under God" if we have so many Muslims
wanting "One world under Allah?".

> Can we revert back to Campagnolo versus Shimano now? :)

Sorry,
Back to bikes and I'll take one Campy, please.
Bill Baka

John Forrest Tomlinson wrote:
> On Tue, 01 May 2007 10:44:40 -0700, Bill <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> John Forrest Tomlinson wrote:

>>> In other words, by the way people looked at you you wouldn't be barred
>>> from certain motels and restaurants based on the color of your skin in
>>> 1958. Or be banned from marrying someone with very pale skin.
>>>
>>> Yeah, those were the days.

>> Don't even think of *****ing at me about that. My father's parents came
>> over from Russia and Poland just before the Communist revolution, my
>> mother's mother was Irish/Scottish descent and came over in the 1880's,
>> and my French/"American" grandfather's grandfather was an "American"
>> princess, daughter of the chief of the Huron nation.

> Unless you are visually identifiable as an ethnic minority who is
> discriminated against regularly (particularly in the 1950s but perhaps
> also now) it doesn't matter who your parents were in terms of what I'm
> talking about. The 1950s were socially worse for black people in
> America in than now. It's a fact. So if you want to say "the 1950s
> were better for me" go ahead. If you want to say they were better
> alround, well yeah, perhaps for the "average" American. But there
> were things about that time that were much worse than now for certain
> sub-populations of Americans.

My father was discriminated against for being Polish when he went
outside of his neighborhood into the Italian or other ethnic parts of
town. There was white on white discrimination too, but you never hear
about that. Since we moved to the country outskirts of the 'burbs yeah,
things were better for me. Gravel roads and hiking through cornfields
included.

>> I don't even begin
>> to want to hear about the poor Blacks since I had nothing to do with it.

> I'm not blaming you. I'm pointing out that your thesis is wrong for
> black people.

I really was counting the 'average' American, so in that sense I am
still correct. I have never been to the deep south and Arkansas and
Tennessee are as far as I go.

>> I consider my "People" to be the Native Americans who were persecuted to
>> near extinction by the F'ing English settlers.

> That doesn't mean the 1950s were better than now for black people.

So sue me, I'm not black, just part redskin.
Bill Baka

On Tue, 01 May 2007 18:02:50 GMT, Bill <[email protected]> wrote:

>What happens to our "One nation under God" if we have so many Muslims
>wanting "One world under Allah?".

God and Allah are probably the same guy.
--
JT
****************************

On Tue, 01 May 2007 11:10:07 -0700, Bill <[email protected]> wrote:

>My father was discriminated against for being Polish when he went
>outside of his neighborhood into the Italian or other ethnic parts of
>town.

That has little or nothing to do with determining whether or not black
people were better or worse off in the 1950s than now.

>So sue me, I'm not black,

I can tell you're not black.
--
JT
****************************

On Tue, 01 May 2007 11:10:07 -0700, Bill <[email protected]> wrote:

>My father was discriminated against for being Polish when he went
>outside of his neighborhood into the Italian or other ethnic parts of
>town. There was white on white discrimination too,

Gee, that kinda undermines your thesis about the late 1950s being so
great, huh?

Just saying...
--
JT