google useless?

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Ann in Houston, Jan 10, 2005.

  1. I wanted to look up low carb tortillas on the group archives, but Google is
    all different to the point that I don't even get this group at all when I
    enter low-carb in the search window. Did they axe us? It is a totally
    different format now. Why did they mess with it? It was fine, before.

    Tags:

  2. Pat

    Pat Guest

    "Ann in Houston" <: I wanted to look up low carb tortillas on the group
    archives, but Google is
    : all different to the point that I don't even get this group at all when I
    : enter low-carb in the search window. Did they axe us? It is a totally
    : different format now. Why did they mess with it? It was fine, before.

    Mission tortillas. Albertson's and Wal-Mart. simply the best!

    Pat in North Texas
    :
    :

  3. ADC

    ADC Guest

    ditto
    "Pat" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]

    > "Ann in Houston" <: I wanted to look up low carb tortillas on the group
    > archives, but Google is
    > : all different to the point that I don't even get this group at all when
    > : enter low-carb in the search window. Did they axe us? It is a totally
    > : different format now. Why did they mess with it? It was fine, before.
    >
    > Mission tortillas. Albertson's and Wal-Mart. simply the best!
    >
    > Pat in North Texas
    > :
    > :

  4. Wow, you guys are fast! Thanks for the recommendation. I use Mission, too.
    What I wanted to find out was whether anyone here has noticed
    sugar-alcohol-type reactions from them. I have gotten them, but I couldn't
    be sure it was from the tortillas.

    "ADC" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > ditto
    > "Pat" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    > >
    > > "Ann in Houston" <: I wanted to look up low carb tortillas on the group
    > > archives, but Google is
    > > : all different to the point that I don't even get this group at all

    when
    > > : enter low-carb in the search window. Did they axe us? It is a

    totally
    > > : different format now. Why did they mess with it? It was fine,

    before.

    > > Mission tortillas. Albertson's and Wal-Mart. simply the best!
    > >
    > > Pat in North Texas
    > > :
    > > :

  5. Pat

    Pat Guest

    "Ann in Houston" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    : Wow, you guys are fast! Thanks for the recommendation. I use Mission,
    too.
    : What I wanted to find out was whether anyone here has noticed
    : sugar-alcohol-type reactions from them. I have gotten them, but I
    couldn't
    : be sure it was from the tortillas.

    not me. I am looking at a package of whole wheat, fajita size right now.
    There is sucralose in them, but I don't see any sugar alcohol products.

    Pat in North Texas

  6. DJ Delorie

    DJ Delorie Guest

    "Ann in Houston" <[email protected]> writes:

    > I don't know how you found it, but that's okay.

    I didn't find it, that's what Google used to use before they changed
    formats. I just bookmarked it.

    > I want to start back, but my last several tries have not been
    > productive, which makes it hard to stay motivated. I have battled a
    > very finicky and sugar-driven taste from the beginning, and prefer
    > refined foods (read: junky type foods) which rules out most healthy
    > approaches and mind sets.

    Ok, go for plan B - build a diet from foods you like that fit your
    plan. For example:

    http://groups-beta.google.com/group/alt.support.diet.low-carb/msg/52b93ee834328819
    http://groups-beta.google.com/group/alt.support.diet.low-carb/msg/ecbcc6d21c7a4576
    http://groups-beta.google.com/group/alt.support.diet.low-carb/msg/3fea4f31b8517dd4

    Erythritol and protein powder let you make all sorts of LC sweets.

    Of course, don't replace *everything* this way. Just add enough LC
    sweets to keep you on-plan.

    > When I looked at the posts for the low carb tortillas, I was hugely
    > dismayed to see that there has been some "adjusting" of the carb
    > numbers.

    Look for the recipies that have you bake cheese into a thin crispy
    layer, and use that instead.

    > My plan this time, is to use my treadmill and ab-lounger to boost me
    > over the doldrums of starting back, and to increase my motivation.
    > It also may absorb some of the excess calories resulting from a
    > fitful start.

    If you're into weight lifting (which you should be), look up
    "depletion workout".

  7. FOB

    FOB Guest

  8. Thanks much for the recipes. A "new food" does wonders and I really like
    cream cheese. The pancakes sound like they would also be good made with
    pecans, since they may be even softer than macs. What do you think? Also,
    the peanut butter thing may be just the ticket to get me past the "yuck"
    factor of healthy peanut butter.

    "DJ Delorie" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]

    > "Ann in Houston" <[email protected]> writes:
    >
    > > I don't know how you found it, but that's okay.

    > I didn't find it, that's what Google used to use before they changed
    > formats. I just bookmarked it.
    >
    > > I want to start back, but my last several tries have not been
    > > productive, which makes it hard to stay motivated. I have battled a
    > > very finicky and sugar-driven taste from the beginning, and prefer
    > > refined foods (read: junky type foods) which rules out most healthy
    > > approaches and mind sets.

    > Ok, go for plan B - build a diet from foods you like that fit your
    > plan. For example:

    http://groups-beta.google.com/group/alt.support.diet.low-carb/msg/52b93ee834328819

    http://groups-beta.google.com/group/alt.support.diet.low-carb/msg/ecbcc6d21c7a4576

    http://groups-beta.google.com/group/alt.support.diet.low-carb/msg/3fea4f31b8517dd4

    > Erythritol and protein powder let you make all sorts of LC sweets.
    >
    > Of course, don't replace *everything* this way. Just add enough LC
    > sweets to keep you on-plan.
    >
    > > When I looked at the posts for the low carb tortillas, I was hugely
    > > dismayed to see that there has been some "adjusting" of the carb
    > > numbers.

    > Look for the recipies that have you bake cheese into a thin crispy
    > layer, and use that instead.
    >
    > > My plan this time, is to use my treadmill and ab-lounger to boost me
    > > over the doldrums of starting back, and to increase my motivation.
    > > It also may absorb some of the excess calories resulting from a
    > > fitful start.

    > If you're into weight lifting (which you should be), look up
    > "depletion workout".

  9. DJ Delorie

    DJ Delorie Guest

    "Ann in Houston" <[email protected]> writes:
    > The pancakes sound like they would also be good made with pecans,
    > since they may be even softer than macs. What do you think?

    I don't know. I like the flavor of macs.

  10. Try these Ann, I don't know where you get them in the USA. We like 'em
    although I find that wraps are becoming dry so I get radical sometimes and
    drench them with low carb salsa to get the lubrication in the mouth working.

    Cactus Jammies
    //////////////////////////////////////////////////////
    La Superior - Low Carb Tortilla Wraps Wholewheat (Case of 12)
    LCFD Price: Cdn$39.00
    Larger 8 inch wrap with only 4 grams carbs each. 12 wraps per package!! 12
    packages = 144 wraps!!
    Introducing La Superior Low Carb Tortilla Wraps.
    These fantastic, new, flour tortilla wraps have only 4 grams of carbs! And
    the taste - absolutely delicious. There are 12 delicious wraps per
    resealable zipper bag, that should be kept refrigerated after opening.

    These tortillas have a 90 day shelf life, longer if kept refrigerated prior
    to opening. They can also be frozen for up to one year! Go ahead and stock
    up now.

    Nutritional Facts:
    Calories - 80
    Total Fat - 3.5g
    Cholesterol - 0g
    Sodium - 220mg
    Total Carbohydrate - 7g
    Dietary Fibre - 3g
    Sugars - 0g
    Protein - 4g
    Serving Size - 1 wrap

    Ingredients: wholewheat flour, beached wheat flour, water, partially
    hydrogenated soybean and/or cottonseed oils, oat fibre, soy protein,
    cellulose fibre, wheat gluten, leavening (sodium bicarbonate, sodium
    aluminum sulfate, sodium aluminum phosphate, fumaric acid, sodium acid
    pyrophosphate, salt, monocalcium phosphate) modified wheat protein, yeast,
    gum blend (arabic, xanthan, locust bean, guar), salt mono and diglycerides,
    lecithin, sorbic acid (mold inhibitor)enzyme.
    "Ann in Houston" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    When I
    > looked at the posts for the low carb tortillas, I was hugely dismayed to
    > see
    > that there has been some "adjusting" of the carb numbers. I tend to get
    > angry at the messengers, which of course is stupid. I was really counting
    > on my favorite "wrap" sandwich of salad chicken, mayo, tomatoes and ranch
    > dressing. It was delicious. Now, I can't count on the tortillas. The
    > Tortilla Factory ones are disgusting to me. Not doughy and refined
    > enough.
    > My plan this time, is to use my treadmill and ab-lounger to boost me over
    > the doldrums of starting back, and to increase my motivation. It also may
    > absorb some of the excess calories resulting from a fitful start.
    >

    > "DJ Delorie" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    >>
    >> This is the link I've bookmarked:
    >> http://groups.google.com/groups?group=alt.support.diet.low-carb

  11. keelie

    keelie Guest

    On Mon, 10 Jan 2005 23:36:55 GMT, "Ann in Houston"
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >I wanted to look up low carb tortillas on the group archives, but Google is
    >all different to the point that I don't even get this group at all when I
    >enter low-carb in the search window. Did they axe us? It is a totally
    >different format now. Why did they mess with it? It was fine, before.

    Yeah, I'm a Deja user from way back and I really hate the new format.
    Way too dumbed down. I have a regular usenet account but I liked
    Deja/Google Groups for quick perusing. Now I feel like I'm missing
    loads of stuff.
    ~210/*/150
    Started 1/3/05
    *Not weighing till reference jeans are loose.
    Scarred by previous scale experiences.

  12. keelie