Gooseberry Mesa ~Video~

Michael Paul

Guest
It's only taken a month, but I've finally edited the video
of Gooseberry Mesa from my March trip. Mostly, I was just
buried with school **** but I finally just took the time to
dump the footage into the 'puter and edited it last night.

The video is sort of different than any others that I've
done. The riding on the mesa is short rolling up and down
so there's no sustained climbing or descending. As a
result, there's little long, unbroken downhill footage. So,
I took a slighlty different approach with the music and
pace of the video.

Riding out there was definately surreal. Different than
anything we have in Southern Californa for sure. I'll be
going back and hitting other trails in the area as well
but this one day trip was enough to at least wet my
appetite some.

Check out my website at
http://s92441708.onlinehome.us/Gooseberry/gooseberry.htm for
a longer write up if interested or just save the video from
this link:
http://www.mountainbikebill.com/videos/MFP/gooseberry.mpg

Thanks to MTBBill for hosting.

Michael

Michael Paul wrote:
> It's only taken a month, but I've finally edited the
> video of Gooseberry Mesa from my March trip. Mostly, I
> was just buried with school **** but I finally just took
> the time to dump the footage into the 'puter and edited
> it last night.
>
> The video is sort of different than any others that I've
> done. The riding on the mesa is short rolling up and down
> so there's no sustained climbing or descending. As a
> result, there's little long, unbroken downhill footage.
> So, I took a slighlty different approach with the music
> and pace of the video.
>
> Riding out there was definately surreal. Different than
> anything we have in Southern Californa for sure. I'll be
> going back and hitting other trails in the area as well
> but this one day trip was enough to at least wet my
> appetite some.
>
> Check out my website at
> http://s92441708.onlinehome.us/Gooseberry/gooseberry.htm
> for a longer write up if interested or just save the video
> from this link:
> http://www.mountainbikebill.com/videos/MFP/gooseberry.mpg
>
> Thanks to MTBBill for hosting.
>
> Michael

Cool. Thanks for sharing. Who biffed?

Matt (took a nasty fall on that ride once going a lot
faster)

"MattB" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> Who biffed?
>
> Matt (took a nasty fall on that ride once going a
> lot faster)

Don't know who it was. Another group of riders came along
while my buddies were busy pussing out on that piece of
trail so I just filmed them as they rode down. Got lucky to
catch the endo.

Michael

Michael Paul wrote:
> "MattB" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
> berlin.de...
>>
>> Who biffed?
>>
>> Matt (took a nasty fall on that ride once going a lot
>> faster)
>>

> Don't know who it was. Another group of riders came along
> while my buddies were busy pussing out on that piece of
> trail so I just filmed them as they rode down. Got lucky
> to catch the endo.

Bet he was well pleased to find that there was a guy filming
him at just the moment he happened to stack it! It's
probably the only time he crashed in months; sod's law...

--
Mark

nice.. thanks for sharing.. good music too.

charlie

Mark (UK) wrote:
> Michael Paul wrote:
>
>>"MattB" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
>>berlin.de...
>>
>>>Who biffed?
>>>
>>>Matt (took a nasty fall on that ride once going a lot
>>>faster)
>>>

>>Don't know who it was. Another group of riders came along
>>while my buddies were busy pussing out on that piece of
>>trail so I just filmed them as they rode down. Got lucky
>>to catch the endo.
>

> Bet he was well pleased to find that there was a guy
> filming him at just the moment he happened to stack
> it! It's probably the only time he crashed in months;
> sod's law...
>
> --
> Mark
>
> She. Watch the video again.

Miles

"miles todd" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:dY%[email protected]...

> Mark (UK) wrote:
> > Michael Paul wrote:
> >
> >>"MattB" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
> >>berlin.de...

> >>Don't know who it was. Another group of riders came
> >>along while my buddies were busy pussing out on that
> >>piece of trail so I just filmed them as they rode down.
> >>Got lucky to catch the endo.
> >

> > Bet he was well pleased to find that there was a guy
> > filming him at just
the
> > moment he happened to stack it! It's probably the only
> > time he crashed
in
> > months; sod's law...
> >
> > --
> > Mark
> >
> She. Watch the video again.
>
> Miles

ok I watched again ...must be missing the compelling
evidence, could be he or she from where i'm standing. Never
mind, I stand corrected.

Mark (UK) wrote:
> "miles todd" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:dY%[email protected]...
>

>>Mark (UK) wrote:

>>>Bet he was well pleased to find that there was a guy
>>>filming him at just
>
> the
>
>>>moment he happened to stack it! It's probably the only
>>>time he crashed
>
> in
>
>>>months; sod's law...
>>>
>>>--
>>>Mark
>>>

>>She. Watch the video again.
>>
>>Miles
>>

> ok I watched again ...must be missing the compelling
> evidence, could be he or she from where i'm standing.
> Never mind, I stand corrected.

It's OK, the video really doesn't show very well. However, I
was there, and she was clearly a she. At least lllll ;l
p;;p['[[ ]po o }][o[ pj[ }[] p ; '';;

miles todd wrote:

> Mark (UK) wrote:
>
>> "miles todd" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> news:dY%[email protected]...

>> the

>> in

>>> She. Watch the video again.
>>>
>>> Miles
>>>

>> ok I watched again ...must be missing the compelling
>> evidence, could be he or she from where i'm standing.
>> Never mind, I stand corrected.
>>

> It's OK, the video really doesn't show very well. However,
> I was there, and she was clearly a she. At least lllll ;l
> p;;p['[[ ]po o }][o[ pj[ }[] p ; '';;

Sorry about that. My four-year old got to the keyboard. As I
was saying, all evidence seemed to indicate that she was of
the female variety.

miles

miles todd <[email protected]> wrote:

>> It's OK, the video really doesn't show very well.
>> However, I was there, and she was clearly a she. At least
>> lllll ;l p;;p['[[ ]po o }][o[ pj[ }[] p ; '';;
>>

> Sorry about that. My four-year old got to the keyboard. As
> I was saying, all evidence seemed to indicate that she was
> of the female variety.
>
> miles

Glad you explained that. All I could figure was maybe Crazy
was visiting your house!

Tom

"miles todd" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> Sorry about that. My four-year old got to the keyboard. As
> I was saying, all evidence seemed to indicate that she was
> of the female
variety.

> miles

Yes, she was most definately a she. the video did not
prove that but you would not have made the mistake live
and in person.

Michael "sometimes types like Miles' 4 year old" P

Michael Paul wrote:
> It's only taken a month, but I've finally edited the
> video of Gooseberry Mesa from my March trip. Mostly, I
> was just buried with school **** but I finally just took
> the time to dump the footage into the 'puter and edited
> it last night.
>
> The video is sort of different than any others that I've
> done. The riding on the mesa is short rolling up and down
> so there's no sustained climbing or descending. As a
> result, there's little long, unbroken downhill footage.
> So, I took a slighlty different approach with the music
> and pace of the video.
>
> Riding out there was definately surreal. Different than
> anything we have in Southern Californa for sure. I'll be
> going back and hitting other trails in the area as well
> but this one day trip was enough to at least wet my
> appetite some.
>
> Check out my website at
> http://s92441708.onlinehome.us/Gooseberry/gooseberry.htm
> for a longer write up if interested or just save the video
> from this link:
> http://www.mountainbikebill.com/videos/MFP/gooseberry.mpg
>
> Thanks to MTBBill for hosting.

Yes, thank you, MTBBill. Whoever your host is, they crank! I
got 3.5 Mbps on my download. I love DSLExtreme.com.

Greg

miles todd wrote:
> miles todd wrote:
>

>> Mark (UK) wrote:
>>
>>> "miles todd" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>>> news:dY%[email protected]...

>>> the

>>> in

>>> ok I watched again ...must be missing the compelling
>>> evidence, could be he or she from where i'm standing.
>>> Never mind, I stand corrected.
>>>

>> It's OK, the video really doesn't show very well.
>> However, I was there, and she was clearly a she. At least
>> lllll ;l p;;p['[[ ]po o }][o[ pj[ }[] p ; '';;
>>

> Sorry about that. My four-year old got to the keyboard. As
> I was saying, all evidence seemed to indicate that she was
> of the female variety.
>
> miles

LOL i thought it was some kind of ascii art describing the
shape of the rider in question...couldn't quite work it
out though!

By the way i am truely jealous of your local riding, great
video guys.

--
Mark