Gooseberry Mesa ~Video~

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Michael Paul, Apr 16, 2004.

  1. Michael Paul

    Michael Paul Guest

    It's only taken a month, but I've finally edited the video
    of Gooseberry Mesa from my March trip. Mostly, I was just
    buried with school crap but I finally just took the time to
    dump the footage into the 'puter and edited it last night.

    The video is sort of different than any others that I've
    done. The riding on the mesa is short rolling up and down
    so there's no sustained climbing or descending. As a
    result, there's little long, unbroken downhill footage. So,
    I took a slighlty different approach with the music and
    pace of the video.

    Riding out there was definately surreal. Different than
    anything we have in Southern Californa for sure. I'll be
    going back and hitting other trails in the area as well
    but this one day trip was enough to at least wet my
    appetite some.

    Check out my website at
    http://s92441708.onlinehome.us/Gooseberry/gooseberry.htm for
    a longer write up if interested or just save the video from
    this link:
    http://www.mountainbikebill.com/videos/MFP/gooseberry.mpg

    Thanks to MTBBill for hosting.

    Michael

    Tags:

  2. Slacker

    Slacker Guest

  3. Mattb

    Mattb Guest

    Michael Paul wrote:
    > It's only taken a month, but I've finally edited the
    > video of Gooseberry Mesa from my March trip. Mostly, I
    > was just buried with school crap but I finally just took
    > the time to dump the footage into the 'puter and edited
    > it last night.
    >
    > The video is sort of different than any others that I've
    > done. The riding on the mesa is short rolling up and down
    > so there's no sustained climbing or descending. As a
    > result, there's little long, unbroken downhill footage.
    > So, I took a slighlty different approach with the music
    > and pace of the video.
    >
    > Riding out there was definately surreal. Different than
    > anything we have in Southern Californa for sure. I'll be
    > going back and hitting other trails in the area as well
    > but this one day trip was enough to at least wet my
    > appetite some.
    >
    > Check out my website at
    > http://s92441708.onlinehome.us/Gooseberry/gooseberry.htm
    > for a longer write up if interested or just save the video
    > from this link:
    > http://www.mountainbikebill.com/videos/MFP/gooseberry.mpg
    >
    > Thanks to MTBBill for hosting.
    >
    > Michael

    Cool. Thanks for sharing. Who biffed?

    Matt (took a nasty fall on that ride once going a lot
    faster)

  4. Michael Paul

    Michael Paul Guest

    "MattB" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    > Who biffed?
    >
    > Matt (took a nasty fall on that ride once going a
    > lot faster)

    Don't know who it was. Another group of riders came along
    while my buddies were busy pussing out on that piece of
    trail so I just filmed them as they rode down. Got lucky to
    catch the endo.

    Michael

  5. Mark \

    Mark \ Guest

    Michael Paul wrote:
    > "MattB" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
    > berlin.de...
    >>
    >> Who biffed?
    >>
    >> Matt (took a nasty fall on that ride once going a lot
    >> faster)
    >>

    > Don't know who it was. Another group of riders came along
    > while my buddies were busy pussing out on that piece of
    > trail so I just filmed them as they rode down. Got lucky
    > to catch the endo.

    Bet he was well pleased to find that there was a guy filming
    him at just the moment he happened to stack it! It's
    probably the only time he crashed in months; sod's law...

    --
    Mark

  6. nice.. thanks for sharing.. good music too.

    charlie

  7. Miles Todd

    Miles Todd Guest

    Mark (UK) wrote:
    > Michael Paul wrote:
    >
    >>"MattB" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
    >>berlin.de...
    >>
    >>>Who biffed?
    >>>
    >>>Matt (took a nasty fall on that ride once going a lot
    >>>faster)
    >>>

    >>Don't know who it was. Another group of riders came along
    >>while my buddies were busy pussing out on that piece of
    >>trail so I just filmed them as they rode down. Got lucky
    >>to catch the endo.
    >

    > Bet he was well pleased to find that there was a guy
    > filming him at just the moment he happened to stack
    > it! It's probably the only time he crashed in months;
    > sod's law...
    >
    > --
    > Mark
    >
    > She. Watch the video again.

    Miles

  8. Mark \

    Mark \ Guest

    "miles todd" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:dY%[email protected]...

    > Mark (UK) wrote:
    > > Michael Paul wrote:
    > >
    > >>"MattB" <somedudeu[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
    > >>berlin.de...

    > >>Don't know who it was. Another group of riders came
    > >>along while my buddies were busy pussing out on that
    > >>piece of trail so I just filmed them as they rode down.
    > >>Got lucky to catch the endo.
    > >

    > > Bet he was well pleased to find that there was a guy
    > > filming him at just
    the
    > > moment he happened to stack it! It's probably the only
    > > time he crashed
    in
    > > months; sod's law...
    > >
    > > --
    > > Mark
    > >
    > She. Watch the video again.
    >
    > Miles

    ok I watched again ...must be missing the compelling
    evidence, could be he or she from where i'm standing. Never
    mind, I stand corrected.

  9. Miles Todd

    Miles Todd Guest

    Mark (UK) wrote:
    > "miles todd" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:dY%[email protected]...
    >

    >>Mark (UK) wrote:

    >>>Bet he was well pleased to find that there was a guy
    >>>filming him at just
    >
    > the
    >
    >>>moment he happened to stack it! It's probably the only
    >>>time he crashed
    >
    > in
    >
    >>>months; sod's law...
    >>>
    >>>--
    >>>Mark
    >>>

    >>She. Watch the video again.
    >>
    >>Miles
    >>

    > ok I watched again ...must be missing the compelling
    > evidence, could be he or she from where i'm standing.
    > Never mind, I stand corrected.

    It's OK, the video really doesn't show very well. However, I
    was there, and she was clearly a she. At least lllll ;l
    p;;p['[[ ]po o }][o[ pj[ }[] p ; '';;

  10. Miles Todd

    Miles Todd Guest

    miles todd wrote:

    > Mark (UK) wrote:
    >
    >> "miles todd" <mdtod[email protected]> wrote in message
    >> news:dY%[email protected]...

    >> the

    >> in

    >>> She. Watch the video again.
    >>>
    >>> Miles
    >>>

    >> ok I watched again ...must be missing the compelling
    >> evidence, could be he or she from where i'm standing.
    >> Never mind, I stand corrected.
    >>

    > It's OK, the video really doesn't show very well. However,
    > I was there, and she was clearly a she. At least lllll ;l
    > p;;p['[[ ]po o }][o[ pj[ }[] p ; '';;

    Sorry about that. My four-year old got to the keyboard. As I
    was saying, all evidence seemed to indicate that she was of
    the female variety.

    miles

  11. Tcmedara

    Tcmedara Guest

    miles todd <[email protected]> wrote:

    >> It's OK, the video really doesn't show very well.
    >> However, I was there, and she was clearly a she. At least
    >> lllll ;l p;;p['[[ ]po o }][o[ pj[ }[] p ; '';;
    >>

    > Sorry about that. My four-year old got to the keyboard. As
    > I was saying, all evidence seemed to indicate that she was
    > of the female variety.
    >
    > miles

    Glad you explained that. All I could figure was maybe Crazy
    was visiting your house!

    Tom

  12. Michael Paul

    Michael Paul Guest

    "miles todd" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    > Sorry about that. My four-year old got to the keyboard. As
    > I was saying, all evidence seemed to indicate that she was
    > of the female
    variety.

    > miles

    Yes, she was most definately a she. the video did not
    prove that but you would not have made the mistake live
    and in person.

    Michael "sometimes types like Miles' 4 year old" P

  13. G.T.

    G.T. Guest

    Michael Paul wrote:
    > It's only taken a month, but I've finally edited the
    > video of Gooseberry Mesa from my March trip. Mostly, I
    > was just buried with school crap but I finally just took
    > the time to dump the footage into the 'puter and edited
    > it last night.
    >
    > The video is sort of different than any others that I've
    > done. The riding on the mesa is short rolling up and down
    > so there's no sustained climbing or descending. As a
    > result, there's little long, unbroken downhill footage.
    > So, I took a slighlty different approach with the music
    > and pace of the video.
    >
    > Riding out there was definately surreal. Different than
    > anything we have in Southern Californa for sure. I'll be
    > going back and hitting other trails in the area as well
    > but this one day trip was enough to at least wet my
    > appetite some.
    >
    > Check out my website at
    > http://s92441708.onlinehome.us/Gooseberry/gooseberry.htm
    > for a longer write up if interested or just save the video
    > from this link:
    > http://www.mountainbikebill.com/videos/MFP/gooseberry.mpg
    >
    > Thanks to MTBBill for hosting.

    Yes, thank you, MTBBill. Whoever your host is, they crank! I
    got 3.5 Mbps on my download. I love DSLExtreme.com.

    Greg

  14. Mark \

    Mark \ Guest

    miles todd wrote:
    > miles todd wrote:
    >

    >> Mark (UK) wrote:
    >>
    >>> "miles todd" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >>> news:dY%[email protected]...

    >>> the

    >>> in

    >>> ok I watched again ...must be missing the compelling
    >>> evidence, could be he or she from where i'm standing.
    >>> Never mind, I stand corrected.
    >>>

    >> It's OK, the video really doesn't show very well.
    >> However, I was there, and she was clearly a she. At least
    >> lllll ;l p;;p['[[ ]po o }][o[ pj[ }[] p ; '';;
    >>

    > Sorry about that. My four-year old got to the keyboard. As
    > I was saying, all evidence seemed to indicate that she was
    > of the female variety.
    >
    > miles

    LOL i thought it was some kind of ascii art describing the
    shape of the rider in question...couldn't quite work it
    out though!

    By the way i am truely jealous of your local riding, great
    video guys.

    --
    Mark