GoPro Triathlon?

todflock

Sep 17, 2013
Has anybody tried to do a triathlon with a GoPro? It's against the rules, but I think if it's a friendly local triathlon nobody would object or disqualify you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IxWPWXpLulc

I guess you can try. They will probably appreciate a little promotion :)
Where would you strap it during the swim? On your head?

Have they explained why it's against the rules to use one?

I was under the impression that it was WTC that said no GoPro.

I'll go through USAT and ITU rules and look closely

jaretj

I don't think it would make for a very interesting video. Just one perspective during the whole race.

[SIZE=10.5pt]I have watched triathlon events live and see some triathletes wear their GoPro on their heads. Most of them wear them only in the bike leg, some during the bike and run, but I have not seen people who wear it during the swim. Maybe it would be bothersome to wear when swimming during the breathing. These events I watched are local triathlon contests only so they allow GoPros. They are actually a good thing since it would be awesome to watch their videos during the race and have a perspective of how it is during a triathlon race. [/SIZE]

steve said:
Have they explained why it's against the rules to use one?
Any more information on that question because that's the one I had? It doesn't make much sense that it would be against the rules. Also, I've never been interested in the ground/leg/feet perspective when people make GoPro videos. I'd rather a straight ahead view.