Gord and the Kliknas

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Jim James, Mar 4, 2003.

  1. Jim James

    Jim James Guest

    The below was on Cycling News....What kind of DUMB ASS would say such a thing? The only saving grace
    for the "local Merced Sierra Nevada professional" is that Gord will have to figure out which of the
    Kliknas spoke so foolishly! Oh to be Div. 3 for the sake of an age requirement!

    "Returning to the McLane Pacific with his new Health Net Professional Cycling Team will be former
    race champion Gord Fraser. Always one of the fastest finishers in field sprints, Gord is one of the
    favourites for victory. No doubt Fraser will be fuelled by comments from a local Merced Sierra
    Nevada professional that he is "not to much of a worry as he has lost his snap and jump". "
    -Cycling News-

    _JJ_

    Tags:

  2. [email protected] (Jim James) wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > The below was on Cycling News....What kind of DUMB ASS would say such a thing? The only saving
    > grace for the "local Merced Sierra Nevada professional" is that Gord will have to figure out which
    > of the Kliknas spoke so foolishly! Oh to be Div. 3 for the sake of an age requirement!
    >
    > "Returning to the McLane Pacific with his new Health Net Professional Cycling Team will be former
    > race champion Gord Fraser. Always one of the fastest finishers in field sprints, Gord is one of
    > the favourites for victory. No doubt Fraser will be fuelled by comments from a local Merced Sierra
    > Nevada professional that he is "not to much of a worry as he has lost his snap and jump". "
    > -Cycling News-
    >
    > _JJ_

    I heard the same thing, and HN is playing it up. What dorks! If I was Gord I would have said.. who??
    Never heard of them. However Krashnas* 1 and Krashnas 2 have nothing to fear regardless. They won't
    be at the front to feel his wrath, and if they are Gord will be lucky if they don't take him out. I
    don't think a race goes by that one of those kids isn't on the ground (no you can't tell them
    apart). Also don't forget Sterling. Jeez a team of people who like to fall down at least they are in
    the same clothes.

    RVD

    * I didn't come up with this, but everyone actually call them this. I credit Stick with
    this nickname.