Gord Fraser Cycling Camp this November in Tucson, AZ

BikeGeek

Guest
Check this out...it looks as though Gord Fraser (yes, of HealthNet
fame) is putting on a training camp this fall in Tucson, AZ. This
looks like it's all good. From the sounds of it, Allen Lim (Powertap)
is going to be there as well. Yet another reason for my annual
pilgrimage. If you haven't been to Tucson before, the place is pretty
cool. Kinda quirky. Hotter than hell in the summer but from October
to May, the place is NICE. Check it out at www.gordfrasercycling.com.

Enjoy riding the no-where bike in the basement this fall.

> Check this out...it looks as though Gord Fraser (yes, of HealthNet
> fame) is putting on a training camp this fall in Tucson, AZ. This
> looks like it's all good. From the sounds of it, Allen Lim (Powertap)
> is going to be there as well. Yet another reason for my annual
> pilgrimage. If you haven't been to Tucson before, the place is pretty
> cool. Kinda quirky. Hotter than hell in the summer but from October
> to May, the place is NICE. Check it out at www.gordfrasercycling.com.
>

> Enjoy riding the no-where bike in the basement this fall.

one January morning I rode in 11 degree weather in Tucson. Lance
Armstong trained there one winter when California was rained out. His
comments printed in a cycling magazine said, it was the coldest riding he's
ever done in his life. Moral: It's not alway warm, but if there is a cold
spell it usually lasts only a day. November is usually warm though.

BikeGeek wrote:
> Check this out...it looks as though Gord Fraser (yes, of HealthNet
> fame) is putting on a training camp this fall in Tucson, AZ. This
> looks like it's all good. From the sounds of it, Allen Lim (Powertap)
> is going to be there as well. Yet another reason for my annual
> pilgrimage.

<snip>

Dumbass -

Don't forget to swallow. If you manage to do this, they may actually
remember your name.

thanks,

K. Gringioni.

Kurgan Gringioni wrote:
> BikeGeek wrote:
> > Check this out...it looks as though Gord Fraser (yes, of HealthNet
> > fame) is putting on a training camp this fall in Tucson, AZ. This
> > looks like it's all good. From the sounds of it, Allen Lim (Powertap)
> > is going to be there as well. Yet another reason for my annual
> > pilgrimage.

> <snip>
>

> Dumbass -
>

> Don't forget to swallow. If you manage to do this, they may actually
> remember your name.
>

> thanks,
>

> K. Gringioni.

Hey Kurgan
Good to see you back. Seems that we could use a little of your skills.
Given the fact that you are THE expert in ***** slapping tuba toting
neck crunchers, and in-denial facist fat folks it's really good to see
you here again. I think we could use some of your skill and expertise.
Bill C

1. BikeGeek Sep 8, 4:04 pm show options

Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.racing
From: "BikeGeek" <[email protected]> - Find messages by this author
Date: 8 Sep 2005 16:04:20 -0700
Subject: Gord Fraser Cycling Camp this November in Tucson, AZ
original | Report Abuse

Check this out...it looks as though Gord Fraser (yes, of HealthNet
fame) is putting on a training camp this fall in Tucson, AZ. This
looks like it's all good. From the sounds of it, Allen Lim (Powertap)
is going to be there as well. Yet another reason for my annual
pilgrimage. If you haven't been to Tucson before, the place is pretty
cool. Kinda quirky. Hotter than hell in the summer but from October
to May, the place is NICE. Check it out at www.gordfrasercycling.com.

Enjoy riding the no-where bike in the basement this fall.

Good post Gord..this is spam. read it over, it's a freaking
advertisement. The poster never posted before, and then
busted this out.
Annual pilgrimage? so this guy is a pro or cat. 1 who trains
in Tucson every winter, who wants to go to a training camp
when you can just train with all these guys by doing any of the many
weekly rides?
Highly unlikely.

Dear Cat. 3 wannabe,

Is this unsolicited advice or previous experience? Your welcome.

Dumbass -

Don't forget to swallow. If you manage to do this, they may actually
remember your name.

thanks,

K. Gringioni.

____________________

Dear Cat. 3 wannabe,

Is this unsolicited advice or previous experience? You're welcome

Claudius Vitalis wrote:

> one January morning I rode in 11 degree weather in Tucson. Lance
> Armstong trained there one winter when California was rained out. His
> comments printed in a cycling magazine said, it was the coldest riding he's
> ever done in his life. Moral: It's not alway warm, but if there is a cold
> spell it usually lasts only a day. November is usually warm though.

Check out http://www.pbaa.com/!ETT/ETTweather.htm

November is pretty nice here in Tucson. So is October, December,
January, February, March and April. (I like the summers as well but
understand that I am in the minority there)If you rode at 11 degrees F
in Tucson you found a day on the very extreme edge of the range. I've
come here winters for 25 years and now live here full time. I have
never seen 11 F in the city. Now up in the mountins is another story.

BTW, this mornings ride went out at in a sunny 64 F and three hours
later came back at 80. All in all pretty nice.

If I had to guess, I'd say that the original poster was not Gord, more
likely some guy who's financially involved in some way and who's trying
to market his product. I don't imagine this is solely Gord's venture,
and it's likely that he has very little actual involvement outside of
going for rides with the participants. I bet it's his 'business
partners' who are trying to push this.

What makes you think that this is beneath Gord? I've seen a lot of
underpaid pros doing a lot of hucking off the bike in order to earn
some dough.

[email protected] wrote:
> What makes you think that this is beneath Gord? I've seen a lot of
> underpaid pros doing a lot of hucking off the bike in order to earn
> some dough.

Who cares? At least he'll be teaching cornering, sprinting, and
climbing techniques, along with other bike handling skills - things
often missing from coaching (fitness?) programs these days as well as
sadly lacking among many young (and not so young) wannabe competitive
cyclists.

If Gord can capitalize on a long and successful career, why shouldn't
he?

JFJ
Ontario

[email protected] wrote:

> If Gord can capitalize on a long and successful career, why shouldn't
> he?

Dumbass -

Goddamm, you're stupid.

What "I take it up the ass" Gord shouldn't do is have either himself or
one of his associates come into this newsgroup and pretend to be a
random Fred and spam all of us.

Luckily, we're not that dumb. But you are.

thanks,

K. Gringioni.

As I said before,

.... who cares

.... (what you think)?
Unlike your asinine posts, the original contained racing related
information.

Kurgan Gringioni wrote:
> [email protected] wrote:
> >
> > If Gord can capitalize on a long and successful career, why shouldn't
> > he?

> Dumbass -
>
> Goddamm, you're stupid.
>
> What "I take it up the ass" Gord shouldn't do is have either himself or
> one of his associates come into this newsgroup and pretend to be a
> random Fred and spam all of us.
>
> Luckily, we're not that dumb. But you are.
>

> thanks,
>
> K. Gringioni.

I didn't say I thought it was beneath Gord, just that I didn't think it
was him.

I got to know Gord and his wife (then girlfriend) when I lived in
Tucson in the early '90s. I haven't spoken to him in years, so I can't
judge whether he is or is not above/beneath hucking (your term) his
time off the bike.

[email protected] wrote:
> As I said before,
>
> ... who cares
>
> ... (what you think)?

Dumbass -

You're replying, so the answer is:

You do.

take care and have a nice day,

K. Gringioni.

ps. the original post was/is spam.

Dumbass -
You're replying, so the answer is:

You do.

take care and have a nice day,

K. Gringioni.

ps. the original post was/is spam.

___________________________________

Dear Cat. 4 wannabe,

Sorry to invade "your" forum. So, why all the anger and anomosity? Is
this the only place where you can be yourself? I bet you are one of
those guys that invests far too much ego is ruling the weekly group
ride and never manages to do anything else.

"BikeGeek" <[email protected]> wrote ...
> ___________________________________
>
> Dear Cat. 4 wannabe,
>
> Sorry to invade "your" forum. So, why all the anger and anomosity? Is
> this the only place where you can be yourself? I bet you are one of
> those guys that invests far too much ego is ruling the weekly group
> ride and never manages to do anything else.

What anger? What animosity? What ego? Henry was showing gentle affection
as he guided you toward enlightenment, much as that Chinese guy would guide
grasshopper. Show some appreciation.

JF

Scott wrote:
> ... I haven't spoken to him in years, so I can't
> judge whether he is or is not above/beneath hucking (your term) his
> time off the bike.

Anyway,
hocking = selling
hucking = jumping

So underpaid roadie pros would be hocking off their bikes at the
end of the season, while underpaid downhillers would be hucking
themselves and the bike, perhaps trying to earn free beer on bets
(Dare you a six pack to huck off the garage roof, dude)

If Gord's cycling camp includes hucking for roadies, it will
probably be worth attending. At least as a spectator.

Enlightenment...huh.

I'll make sure to abide by the American form of enlightenment....shoot
first, ask questions later.

Perhaps "mine, mine, mine" is more appropriate?